• Join Us!
  • Kos suggest Olympic style drug test for GSP
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Kos suggest Olympic style drug test for GSP

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default Kos suggest Olympic style drug test for GSP

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

LAS VEGAS – It seems boxing champ Floyd Mayweather isn't the only fighter who believes Olympic-style drug testing should be more prevalent in combat sports.

At Monday's "The Ultimate Fighter 12" media day at the UFC training center in Las Vegas, opposing coaches Georges St-Pierre (20-2 MMA, 14-2 UFC) and Josh Koscheck (15-4 MMA, 13-4 UFC) both said they think a more stringent program should be in place for their December bout.

St-Pierre said he believes cheaters need to be caught now before performance-enhancing drugs ruin the sport, while Koscheck said from what he's heard, the champ might need to look in the mirror.

"From what I've heard from other fighters in other camps, yeah, [St-Pierre] has done steroids and HGH, possibly," Koscheck told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com). "I don't know. This is just on hearsay information that I've gotten.

"B.J. Penn and his camp gave me a little phone call. They were saying, 'Yeah, he's on steroids. He's this; he's that.' I said, 'Yeah, there's a possibility.' The guy is pretty ripped all year round."

Koscheck made it clear that he was not making a direct accusation of impropriety from the champ but rather just passing on what he had heard from other sources. Nevertheless, the 32-year-old believes he and St-Pierre should submit to blood testing throughout their camp.

"I would love to do it; why not?" Koscheck asked. "I think Olympic-style testing would be great for our sport. At least you do it a couple times out from the fight.

"I think it will be a great idea."

Olympic-style drug testing is considered superior to the typical urine-based tests used by athletic commissions around the country because by taking blood, the test is able to identify a greater range of performance-enhancing drugs, including Human Growth Hormone (HGH).

The process gained notoriety in combat sports circles in late 2009 when Mayweather and fellow superstar boxer Manny Pacquiao scrapped a potential contest after being unable to reach an agreement regarding drug testing procedures.

When asked his opinion on the matter, St-Pierre said not only would he be approve Olympic-style testing, he believes the entire sport should embrace the process.

"I have no problem; anytime he wants," St-Pierre said. "I stand for that more than anybody else. I stand for this, and I just hope it's going to happen soon. I know a lot of people cheat in this sport, and it's unacceptable.

"I'm for random drug testing. There's nobody in the UFC that agrees more with random testing then me. ... Anything they want, I don't care. I give my body to science."

St-Pierre said he wasn't necessarily surprised that he was the target of such discussion, but he adamantly denies that he's ever used performance-enhancing substances.

"I'm not a coward," St-Pierre said. "Anyone that uses steroids is a cheater. I don't need to cheat to win. I am like I am, and I'm somebody that is not a coward.

"I'm not afraid of Josh Koscheck, and I don't need to cheat to beat him. I'm going to beat him by the book and using the right way."

While St-Pierre said his muscle gain has come through hard work and an increased focus on a proper diet, he believes there are some fighters who aren't as committed to going by the book. The Canadian superstar said he believes that Olympic-style testing could help to reveal some of those athletes that have gained success with the help of chemicals.

"I just hope that it's going to happen and happen soon," St-Pierre said. "I want it to happen. I don't know who uses [performance-enhancing drugs]. I have no idea, and I'm not going to say any names, but I want it to happen soon. What's happening now, it's going to be bad. It's going to be like a certain other sport. I don't want to say the name of the sport, but it's not going to be the best fighter that wins the fight.

"Now, what makes a good fighter is a lot of genetics, the style, the skills, the heart. Now there is another factor that influences the fight: the team of doctors behind the fighter. This should not be an element that helps a fighter to win a fight. That's something I am against. It's not everybody that stands for that, and I don't. I think everybody should be testing like the Olympic Games."

While the UFC has yet to determine where the matchup between St-Pierre and Koscheck will take place, it will ultimately be up to the governing commission to determine what steps are taken to ensure a level-playing field. Both fighters say their willing to submit to increased regulations, though Koscheck believes he's destined to win regardless of St-Pierre's tactics.

"I plan on making Georges stand toe-to-toe with me," Koscheck said. "This isn't going to be a wrestling match. I'm going to force him to stand-up with me because I believe he doesn't have knockout power. We've just got to pray to God that he doesn't grease up, and he gets off that juice so that we can equal things about it.

"I just want to let him know that if he's going to do that, it doesn't matter. I'm still going to beat you because it can't make the chin that much stronger. His chin's still weak."
      I think GSPs answer here is a pretty good clue that he is not using anything. I mean the guy trains year round, why can't he look like that training year round with the proper nutrition?
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: Kos suggest Olympic style drug test for GSP

wow Kos has some balls lol..them's fight'N words!!!

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I JUST WONDER HOW MANY WOULD BE BANNED AND FOUND OUT IF THEY TESTED?
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Kos is gonna get killed by GSP.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by 2-Swole View Post
      wow Kos has some balls lol..them's fight'N words!!!
      Yeah really! I would bet Kos being on something before GSP....just listening to each talk.

Quote Originally Posted by O2BESOHUGE View Post
      I JUST WONDER HOW MANY WOULD BE BANNED AND FOUND OUT IF THEY TESTED?
      You and me both! I bet there would be fairly hefty list.

Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      Kos is gonna get killed by GSP.
      I think GSP will win it for sure....I don't know if he will kill Kos or not. Kos says he will make GSP stand with him. That doesn't matter because GSP is better at the standup game anyway. Not to mention that many fighters have said that before and no one has stopped him from taking them down yet.

Motivating GSP is the wrong thing to do. The "trying to get into his head" game doesn't work on GSP.

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I know one thing..I am actually REALLY looking forward to next season's TUF!

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by tn94z View Post

I think GSP will win it for sure....I don't know if he will kill Kos or not. Kos says he will make GSP stand with him. That doesn't matter because GSP is better at the standup game anyway. Not to mention that many fighters have said that before and no one has stopped him from taking them down yet.

Motivating GSP is the wrong thing to do. The "trying to get into his head" game doesn't work on GSP.
      I just feel that GSP is one of the most determined and skilled fighters in the sport, and anyone who challenges him thinking any less than that is going to be in for a big upset.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      I just feel that GSP is one of the most determined and skilled fighters in the sport, and anyone who challenges him thinking any less than that is going to be in for a big upset.
      I agree with you but Kos did descent against him last time and now he has the experience of fighting him before.

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

kos is just setting up an excuse for when he looses.

(what if he wins? LOL)
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe