• Join Us!
  • Money Man Mayweather won big time again
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Money Man Mayweather won big time again

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Money Man Mayweather won big time again

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

mosley landed a great shot in the 2nd rnd but he couldnt fiish mayweather and after that round mosley lost every round big time. I knew mayweather would win and it showed that shane mosley is to old to fight a quicker and faster mayweather.Nobody can beat mayweather not even manny

Mayweather dominates Mosley, stays unbeaten

Floyd Mayweather Jr. was Money once again.
      Almost dropped by a right hand in the second round, Mayweather rebounded to dominate Shane Mosley the rest of the way Saturday night to win a unanimous 12-round decision in their welterweight fight.
      Boxing’s biggest box office draw remained undefeated in 41 fights, but not before giving his fans and his corner a scare when a right hand to the side of his head buckled his knees a minute into the second, and he had to grab Mosley to avoid going down. Mosley landed another right later in the round, but the rest of the night belonged to Mayweather.
      ADVERTISEMENT

Fighting before a star-studded crowd that included Muhammad Ali, Mayweather never came close to dropping Mosley, but landed so many more punches that the outcome wasn’t in doubt past the middle rounds. He had an answer for everything Mosley tried to do, landing right hands to the head seemingly at will as the fight progressed.
      By the end of the night, Mayweather had put so many rounds in the bank that the only question was whether he would stop Mosley or be content to win a lopsided decision. Mayweather kept moving forward and continued to press the issue in a fight that wasn’t in doubt.
      “I wanted to give the fans what they wanted to see, a toe-to-toe battle,” said Mayweather, who has been criticized for fighting too defensively. “It wasn’t the same style for me but I wanted to be aggressive and I knew I could do it.”
      Two ringside judges scored it 119-109 for Mayweather, while the third had it 118-110. All had him winning every round past the second.
      The Associated Press had Mayweather winning 117-110.
      Ringside punch statistics were as one-sided as the scorecards. They showed Mayweather landing 208 of 477 punches to 92 of 452 for Mosley.
      Mayweather made Mosley look every bit his 38 years as he landed sharp punches to his head, dominating a fighter who had vowed to turn the bout into the fight of the decade. Mosley tried his best, but couldn’t match the speed of the 33-year-old Mayweather, who grew more comfortable with each passing round.
      Mosley was a substitute for Manny Pacquiao, who was all but signed to meet Mayweather until a dispute over drug testing derailed the megafight. Instead, Pacquiao beat Joshua Clottey on March 13 in Dallas and is now campaigning for a seat in congress in his native Philippines.
      “If Manny Pacquiao can take a blood and urine test then we have a fight,” Mayweather said. “If not, no fight.”
      Mosley almost ruined a lot of Mayweather’s best-laid plans when he landed the big right hand in the second that brought the fans at the MGM Grand Arena to their feet. They chanted “Mosley, Mosley,” as he followed Mayweather around the ring, landing another good right hand before the bell rang to end the round.
      “It’s a contact sport, and you’re going to get hit,” Mayweather said. “But when you get hit, you suck it up and keep on fighting. That’s what I did. I’m happy we finally had a chance to fight. this is a fight the fans have been looking forward to for a long time, and they deserve it.”
      Mosley’s second-round flourish was his last hurrah. Mayweather came out in the third and began landing some shots of his own, while Mosley couldn’t find his mark.
      “I caught him with my big right hand and I tried to move around but by that time he was too quick and I was too tight,” Mosley said. “After the right hand I thought I needed to knock him out and I needed to do it sooner than later. But I couldn’t adjust and he did.”
      Mosley said he thought the 15-month layoff since his last fight hurt him, as did a stiff neck. But Mayweather had a lot to do with his ineffectiveness, too, fighting his fight and refusing to allow Mosley to dictate the pace.
      Mosley’s corner kept imploring the fighter to throw his jab more and fight his way inside, but Mosley was content to try to load up to hurt Mayweather with a big punch that didn’t come.
      “You can’t wait for one big shot, you’ve got to wake up,” Mosley’s trainer told him after the seventh round.
      By the 10th round, Naazim Richardson was even more frantic, telling Mosley he needed a knockout.
      Mayweather, who earned $2,500 in his pro debut 14 years ago, was guaranteed $22.5 million but probably will end up with much more once the final pay-per-view buys are added up. Mosley was guaranteed $7 million, and also had a share in the television revenues.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default Re: Money Man Mayweather won big time again

MAN HE RACKED UP BIG TIME!
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Saw this one coming...

If Pac-man and Money Mayweather end up throwing down..that will be the first boxing match I give a crap about in a LOOOOOOONG time.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

tn94z is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by 2-Swole View Post
      Saw this one coming...

If Pac-man and Money Mayweather end up throwing down..that will be the first boxing match I give a crap about in a LOOOOOOONG time.

That will be the first one I would buy since the Tyson/Holyfield matches!!
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I think Manny will smoke Mayweather

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Money Man Mayweather won big time again
      everyone has to face reality that mayweather is that good and showd it again last night. And now he's calling out manny again to take this drug test.Thers no reason why manny cant take this drug test.If he's scared of needles then have him take a sleeping pill and it knock him out the draw his blood. but its a lame excuse to not take a drug test.mayweather wants to fight manny

Floyd Mayweather to Manny Pacquiao: Take the drug tests, otherwise there's no fight

May 02, 2010,

Cory Olsen | The Grand Rapids PressFloyd Mayweather rests on the stool in between rounds during his fight against Shane Mosley on Saturday night at MGM Grand in Las Vegas.LAS VEGAS -- Floyd Mayweather reiterated a stance that couldn’t be clearer Saturday night: If Manny Pacquiao is willing to submit to Olympic-style drug testing, they can fight next.

Otherwise, no fight.

Mayweather’s position of the last several months did not change one iota in the aftermath of his dominant 12-round unanimous decision over Shane Mosley at MGM Grand Garden Arena.

“If Manny Pacquiao wants to fight, it’s not hard to find me,” Mayweather said. “We were going to make the fight a couple of months back but it didn’t happen.

“I take my hat off to Mosley. He had problems in the past but he’s a warrior. He took the blood and urine tests. I just want everyone to be on an even playing field.”

The reference was to Mosley using steroids in 2003, which he disclosed in grand-jury testimony related to the BALCO investigation, information which became public after a federal judge ruled that lawyers for former baseball player Barry Bonds should have access to previously sealed testimony.

Several members of the Mayweather camp have openly expressed suspicions that Pacquiao has used performance-enhancing drugs.

Their inability to reach agreement on drug testing ultimately doomed their proposed March 13 fight. Pacquiao fought, and defeated, Joshua Clottey on that date instead.

“If every athlete is clean in the sport of boxing, take the test,” Mayweather said. “I take the test. If Manny Pacquiao takes the blood and urine tests, we can fight. If he doesn’t we won’t make the fight.

“Everybody’s entitled to their own fight. I will continue to fight the best out there. Floyd Mayweather wants to fight everyone on an even plane. That’s all I asked.”

Mayweather defeated Mosley by a widespread margin, winning 11-1 in rounds on two judges’ scorecards, and 10-2 on the third. Robert Hoyle gave Mosley the first two rounds. All three judges gave Mosley the second round, when two knee-buckling right hands hurt Mayweather worse than he has ever been hurt in his career.

“This is a contact sport and that comes with boxing,” Mayweather said. “Sometimes you get with some shots, you have to suck it up and be a warrior. He’s a future Hall of Famer, I’m a future Hall of Famer.”

ARE YOU ON TWITTER?
      Follow David Mayo at twitter.com/David_Mayo
      Mosley said that punch might have been his undoing, in some ways.

“I think after I caught him with that big right hand, I opened up too much and played into his hands,” Mosley said. “I was too tight. When I hit him with the big right hand, I thought I was going to get the knockout. He started to avoid the punches. He did surprise me. Once I tried to get my timing back, I couldn’t adjust and he did. I am happy I took the fight. He is a true champion.

“Now, you will see him and Manny -- if Manny takes the blood test
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

FINAL PUNCH STATISTICS
      (Courtesy of CompuBox Inc.)

TOTAL PUNCHES
      • Mayweather 208 of 477 (44 percent)
      • Mosley 92 of 452 (20 percent)

JABS
      • Mayweather 85 of 210 (40 percent)
      • Mosley 46 of 283 (16 percent)

POWER PUNCHES
      • Mayweather 123 of 267 (46 percent)
      • Mosley 46 of 169 (27 percent)

AVERAGE PER ROUND
      • Mayweather 17 of 39 (44 percent)
      • Mosley 7 of 37 (19 percent

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Its kinda funny that BJ Penn dominated all those stats but lost,lol

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Just a comparison-- Manny Vs De La Hoya:

On December 6, 2008, Pacquiao moved up to the welterweight division, in order to face six-division world champion Oscar De La Hoya at the MGM Grand Las Vegas, in a fight called "The Dream Match". Presented by Golden Boy Promotions and Top Rank, the bout was scheduled as a twelve round, non-title fight contested at the 147 pound welterweight limit. Although Pacquiao went into the fight widely recognized as the leading pound-for-pound boxer in the world, some boxing pundits had speculated that 147 pounds could be too far above his natural weight against the larger De La Hoya.[38] However, Pacquiao proved the critics wrong and dominated the fight, and after eight rounds De La Hoya's corner was forced to throw in the towel, awarding Pacquiao the win via technical knockout.[39]

Pacquiao was ahead on all three judges' scorecards before the stoppage, with two judges scoring the fight at 80-71 and one scoring it at 79-72.[40] Moreover, Pacquiao landed 224 out of 585 punches, whilst De La Hoya landed only 83 out of 402 punches.[40] After the bout, trainer Freddie Roach stated "We knew we had him after the first round. He had no legs, he was hesitant and he was shot."[41] The fight would be De La Hoya's last, as he announced his retirement from boxing shortly after.[42]

Mayweather VS De La Hoya:

The fight took place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada under the promotion of Golden Boy Promotions. It was contested at 154 pounds, with De La Hoya defending his WBC light middleweight championship.

Tickets sold out three hours after they went on sale on Saturday, January 27, 2007 mainly attributed to De La Hoya's star power. With the sellout, the bout generated over $19 million in live gate, beating the previous record of $16,860,300 set by the November 13, 1999, heavyweight championship rematch between Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis at the Thomas & Mack Center.[1]

The fight was televised on HBO Pay-Per-View, with the cost to watch the fight at $55 in the U.S.[2]

Mayweather won by a controversial split decision in 12 rounds, capturing the World Boxing Council (WBC) title though some saw the fight as being fairly one-sided on his behalf.

Judges Jerry Roth (115-113) and Chuck Giampa (116-112) scored the fight for Mayweather while judge Tom Kaczmarek had De La Hoya winning, 115-113.

* Now considering that both fought De La Hoya who was a great fighter- you can see Manny clearly dominated him for more than Mayweather. I think it would be a close fight, but I also think Manny will take it
      Last edited by ; 05-02-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Strella is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 206
      Overall activity: 0.3%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Gotta get Pac vs Mayweather otherwise I dont care who he fights anymore at all.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

If manny will take a blood test mayweather will fight him.

tn94z is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      If manny will take a blood test mayweather will fight him.

I saw a report on ESPN the other day that says Manny has agreed to take the blood test as long as there isn't much blood drawn AND Mayweather has to take the exact same test.

I got Manny when that happens
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

Strella is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 206
      Overall activity: 0.3%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Im takin Manny as well if it goes down. Floyd is great no doubt, but I think Manny will actually have the endurance and killer instinct to go all 12 rounds if need be. Mosley was done after 2 rounds.

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by 2-Swole View Post
      Saw this one coming...

agree. pacquiou (sp?) has power thats somthing mayweather dosnt have.

i would pick the pac
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe