• Join Us!
  • Best place for gun sellers?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Best place for gun sellers?

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Best place for gun sellers?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Lookin to possibly sell my PX4 storm

It is a great gun only shot literally a few times. I have a sweet rail mounted lasermax red laser on it.

I am looking to buy some other long guns..looking at AR's and AK's so I might sell it so I can get some more spending money.

Where would be a good place to list it?

2-Swole

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Default Re: Best place for gun sellers?

I always do best trading. Gun shops are one retail industry that seem to be really fair across the board. The few I've traded with in the past have done me well.
      I'm thinking you might come out smelling rosey with an AK for that PX4. Grinnin from ear-to-ear.
      Put the one you want to trade back how it came. all clean, and let 'em know the low round count. You'll do well with that Storm. Guns retain their value. And sometimes bring you more value than you have invested in them.
      1 up

Go Gators

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

www.Texasguntrader.com
      www.Texashuntingforum.com
      www.Thefiringline.com

Or you can come swap it for a Ruger P345 (.45)with Don Hume holster and some ammo at my house

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

hahah. That's a good trade. Some of the finest holsters right there too. Just frabricate you a wire stock on it. voila...long P345.lol...
      1 up

Go Gators

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Thank you guys!

Yea really wanting a Romanian AK I think ..you sucked me in on em HP

Or an AR15

After shooting the sks and mini 14 last weekend I want a semi-rifle BAD now lol

Gunna have to check your guns when I come down Deep..and workout..and eat bro lol. Seriously excited to meet another iron brotha

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Can't go wrong with a Kalash design. I would've never known the RomAK is the rifle it is now-days with all the quality American parts and such. You won't be dissapointed if that's the rifle you choose.
      You might be dissapointed with a $1500 M4/AR-15 if you get one chambered in the NATO .223. Think about it. You only have a gnats-ass more bullet than a .22. About 10-11gr. But, you do have more power behind that little round. You just don't want a piece of dust to enter it's path.lol...nah, but really. A blade of grass or a leaf is all it takes to throw that .223 off it's path. Not so at all with the 7.62(AKrd). That's why it's used in the M60 also.
      Now the M16 has come along way with improvements with the M4 AR-15. The AR has very snug tolerances. Many folks translate this to accuracy. Not so. Both rifles are as accurate as the shooter.
      The operating system of the AR is a direct impingement system which directs the gases straight back to the bolt carrier, rotating bolt, and everywhere inside the receiver. This makes for a rifle that must be well maintained. Field stripped and cleaned ever-so-often to keep it functioning properly. Tight tolerances. Dirty rifle. Not a friendly couple.
      The AK has a gas operated action as well. But the AK has a gas-piston that takes all the gases and dirty blasts, and stops them from getting passed through to the receiver. And I have to add that this system works excellent. The bolt carrier, rotationg bolt and bolt face looks like I just cleaned it. It was field-stripped and cleaned once when I refinished the wood. Looser tolerances of the AK. That has nothing to do with the accuracy. That attribute is a deliberate part of Kalashnikov's great design. The AK's action makes for a fail resistant rifle. It is a simple and very deliberate action that some grime, sand, dirt...whatever will not stop from functioning. It just grinds the dirt into finer pieces if it gets in the way of the action of the rifle. People have always noted this, which leads you to think that the AK gets dirty easy. At least it did me. Not true. I've never seen another design stay cleaner than the AK. By a long shot!

Both AR and AK are fine combat rifles. Pick your flavor.

There are, of course, American troops that were prejudice against the AK. "the insurgent weapon". I've spent some time reading troop's stories that have fell in love with the AK they grabbed off the enemy. Some troops are in the position to be able to choose their weapon, or bring theirs. You'll see the occassional Kalash over there in an American's hands. It's sometimes difficult to make out because it's an AK-101. New 5.56 in all black plastic. I like my AK in it's original caliber. I'm sure the troops would too.
      1 up

Go Gators

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      Can't go wrong with a Kalash design. I would've never known the RomAK is the rifle it is now-days with all the quality American parts and such. You won't be dissapointed if that's the rifle you choose.
      You might be dissapointed with a $1500 M4/AR-15 if you get one chambered in the NATO .223. Think about it. You only have a gnats-ass more bullet than a .22. About 10-11gr. But, you do have more power behind that little round. You just don't want a piece of dust to enter it's path.lol...nah, but really. A blade of grass or a leaf is all it takes to throw that .223 off it's path. Not so at all with the 7.62(AKrd). That's why it's used in the M60 also.
      Now the M16 has come along way with improvements with the M4 AR-15. The AR has very snug tolerances. Many folks translate this to accuracy. Not so. Both rifles are as accurate as the shooter.
      The operating system of the AR is a direct impingement system which directs the gases straight back to the bolt carrier, rotating bolt, and everywhere inside the receiver. This makes for a rifle that must be well maintained. Field stripped and cleaned ever-so-often to keep it functioning properly. Tight tolerances. Dirty rifle. Not a friendly couple.
      The AK has a gas operated action as well. But the AK has a gas-piston that takes all the gases and dirty blasts, and stops them from getting passed through to the receiver. And I have to add that this system works excellent. The bolt carrier, rotationg bolt and bolt face looks like I just cleaned it. It was field-stripped and cleaned once when I refinished the wood. Looser tolerances of the AK. That has nothing to do with the accuracy. That attribute is a deliberate part of Kalashnikov's great design. The AK's action makes for a fail resistant rifle. It is a simple and very deliberate action that some grime, sand, dirt...whatever will not stop from functioning. It just grinds the dirt into finer pieces if it gets in the way of the action of the rifle. People have always noted this, which leads you to think that the AK gets dirty easy. At least it did me. Not true. I've never seen another design stay cleaner than the AK. By a long shot!

Both AR and AK are fine combat rifles. Pick your flavor.

There are, of course, American troops that were prejudice against the AK. "the insurgent weapon". I've spent some time reading troop's stories that have fell in love with the AK they grabbed off the enemy. Some troops are in the position to be able to choose their weapon, or bring theirs. You'll see the occassional Kalash over there in an American's hands. It's sometimes difficult to make out because it's an AK-101. New 5.56 in all black plastic. I like my AK in it's original caliber. I'm sure the troops would too.
      Cool Stuff bro!

If you come across any online..lemme know. We don't get many gun shows down here. Matter fact just missed one so it will be a bit before one comes to town..so looking online for a good trade.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

I don't do any online purchasing, or trading, but allot of folks do. I know allot of folks use Bud's Gun Shop. I believe JSjs listed some links to their website in a recent thread.

If you have some local gun shops, you should have some with what you're looking for, or can at least order it. Gun shows are nice because you will find what you're looking for at a show, and you just bring your trade, same as you would a gun shop. So you just had a gun show in your town. Google gun shows in your area, and you should be able to find the schedule of that gun show. Being it was just in your town, you might be able to catch it an hour or so away at it's next stop. Or see if another one is coming to a city near you soon. Another option; If you live out in a rural area. Look up gun-shops in the nearest city. Call and check if they have what you want to browse, and go ahead and let them know what you're wanting to do.
      Just trying to throw some ideas out there that might not have crossed your mind. Being in such demand right now, the gun shops around here keep a few of each in stock.

Best of luck with your search.
      1 up

Go Gators

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I do plenty online buying and trading and the first and last site I listed are the best for trades in Texas. I have nevr owned an AK, but am very happy with my 2 Yugo SKS's

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

oh yeah, I didn't mean to seem to ignore your links deep. But that looks like the deal right there 2swole. If that's your area too...that'd be a nice feeling. Just knowing you're dealing 'locally'.(I know 'locally' can be far just because it's in big-ole Texas, but fellow Texans.
      1 up

Go Gators

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouth View Post
      I do plenty online buying and trading and the first and last site I listed are the best for trades in Texas. I have nevr owned an AK, but am very happy with my 2 Yugo SKS's
      Just registered at the firing line. Thanks Deep. I am gunna try and see what I can do to get me a new rifle..

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

This is the only AK I would purchase online, without being able to hold it and check everything over myself 1st. You could get a $12 slant muzzle brake, and thread it on yourself.
      https://www.thegunsource.com/item/161...9QpfbOC9z2A%3D

And that's what folks are paying for those. It's 100% American made. Quality AK.
      I say that's the only AK I'd purchase online, but after hearing from other folks that have bought the recent WASR-10 GP-63 (Romanian AKM), there aren't any reports of canted sights with the latest GP 10/63, or anything that was once found now and then on a SAR rifle. So this one is attractive and priced nicely. Probably comes just as mine did, with all the military garb.

https://www.thegunsource.com/item/698...9QpfbOC9z2A%3d

Allot of good info and folks at the firing line. The occassional biased belief that the only AK worth purchasing is a $1500 Krebs job. Which is just a Russian Saiga/Izhmash receiver with a nice tactical "black-rifle" makeover.
      Last edited by horsepwr; 05-03-2010 at 12:13 AM.
      1 up

Go Gators

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      Overall activity: 0%
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Bud's Gunshop
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.