• Join Us!
  • Suggestions on a new pistol
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Suggestions on a new pistol

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      Overall activity: 0%
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default Suggestions on a new pistol

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Well, I've decided it's finally time to buy a .40 caliber. That was my plan when I bought my last gun but I wanted an XDM and the only .40 they had was the ugly green one, so I opted for the 9mm in black since I had shot it before and knew it was a great gun.

Anyway, now I am getting a .40 and I am trying to choose between the following:

FN Herstal 14+1 rounds, 4" barrel, comes with 3 clips
      https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/58104

Beretta F40 11+1 rounds, 4.9" barrel
      https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/23515

Beretta PX4 Storm 14+1 rounds, 4" barrel
      https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/18156

Springfield XDM 16+1 rounds, 4.5" barrel
      https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/55667

And the last gun I am considering but will eventually purchase for sure is the FN Five Seven, 20+1 rounds, 4.8" barrel
      https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/17121

The FN Five Seven is a badazz gun! I have shot my friend's and it was a blast. All of the reviews are 5 stars and most everyone says the best gun they ever shot. I'm trying to find one for under $1,000 but will pay that if necessary. I should have bought it at the gun show a few weeks ago when a dealer had one left for $1,000. It also comes with 3 of the 20 round mags.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Default Re: Suggestions on a new pistol

The Five Seven is a cool gun. My local dealer has a plethora of guns. He has the FN five seven, and I think it was well under $1K. I'll check on that for ya later today. That might be when I go in to drop some on a new pistol for myself. I gotta fill this void in my heart that's .45" in diameter.
      1 up

Go Gators

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      The Five Seven is a cool gun. My local dealer has a plethora of guns. He has the FN five seven, and I think it was well under $1K. I'll check on that for ya later today. That might be when I go in to drop some on a new pistol for myself. I gotta fill this void in my heart that's .45" in diameter.
      Lol, go buy you one. I seriously doubt he has a FN five seven for much less than a thousand, but maybe $950. They are consistently $1,100 around here but at the gun show some of them knock a hundred off so they don't have to carry them back. It's just over $1,000 on Bud's too, which is a great site to buy guns and usually has some of the best deals. But let me know what you find out and if it is less I'll hold off a little longer. I was told you can find them for $900 but it is very rare. Maybe your dealer is one of them.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

I haven't made it by today. It's been a busy morning. I'm probably mistaking if it's like that. I just remember seeing a five seven among his FNs.
      I was just browsing the 2010 Buyer's Guide. It lists guns at their msrp, which is usually higher than the gun-shops price, and it's showing the five-seven at $1181. so, I doubt i saw one for much under a grand if any bit under. Allot of the guns are listed around $100 higher though.(in the mag)
      My lgs has a Browning hi-power 75th anniversary for $899.
      1 up

Go Gators

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

If you don't mind me asking- why a .40? if you have a .45 and a 9mm, that pretty much covers it

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

1st thought that came to mind too. but I was just gonna leave it alone. That is the million dollar question. Why a .40?, period.??? imo...Unless it's the only handgun you have. or can get a-hold-of. And that is not the case with you Jsjs. You sir, have that base covered. It's just not exactly a .40S&W.
      1 up

Go Gators

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouth View Post
      If you don't mind me asking- why a .40? if you have a .45 and a 9mm, that pretty much covers it
      Good question and I really don't need one, but I want one. I am building my collection basically and want to have several different calibers. In the past I have always been a revolver guy and only purchased .357s because I can shoot .38s through them, but finally convinced myself to get into pistols. Another reason for staying away from pistols in the past if because I am a lefty and it used to very hard if not impossible to find an ambidextrous semi-auto. Well, times have changed and I have really enjoyed my new semi-autos.

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I just got back from the gun store and they didn't have the gun I liked in stock in a .40 caliber but I told them I will think it over. The one I liked was the HK P30 .40. They had it in a 9mm and it was very nice, a perfect fit for my hand, completely ambidextrous, and comes with rechargeable night sights. I quickly ruled out the Beretta and XDM when I saw the HK. But you guys do make a good point on the .40 and I am starting to question the need too, but have always wanted to own one and never have.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

I'm sure you'd like the .40. It is a good round. It's splitting hairs between the 9mm and .45. It actually was a decent attemp to out gun the 9mm, but keeping recoil controlable for all street beaters. The real result was a very high pressure round per caliber and case, hence no +P .40S&W. and can't be accoding to SAAMI. The slightest round set-back in a .40S&W, and it increases the pressure 20%. A .40 in +P could turn a chamber into a small bomb. So you have a round that does perform in the .40, but you have a round that can save you much at the range in the 9mm and perform right with the .40 in a 9mm+P for SD. Some ballistics have shown the 9mm +P to perform better than the comparable .40S&W. Then you have the +P+ in 9mm. I have yet to see an energy rating of a +P+ 9mm, but I'd think a 115gr HP +P+ 9mm might show around 600ft.lb.f. And the capacity of 9mm is always nice. The 9mm has been around for a hundred yrs, and it's became a very well engineered round with the world working on making it the best it can be. I'm sure there are labs full of Germans right this second working on bettering the 9mm.lol...

The 'KABOOMS' I've heard of. I wonder what caliber they were. I saw one on youtube that was a Glock .40.

I'm not putting the .40S&W down. It's a well performing round. But with a 9mm, you have so much more versatility. And a good +P 9mm will put you right with the .40.

Then the god ole American .45acp 1st designed by John Browning. That is a step up,and it's also a low pressure round. +P .45 of many brands transfer consistant energy into the target.

I always get to reading too much into that "ballistic testing"...Every 25 consistant ft.lbs.force is notable with handguns. If you get to comparing the three, 9mm, .40, & .45...and reading all those ballistic tests...you might find yourself wondering why you'd even need more than one. You really don't. But the .40, imo, is close to useless. Again, unless that's your only gun, or all you can get your hands on. It does what it should. The other 2 do it better though.imo.
      1 up

Go Gators

busapig
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I just got rid of my 380 in order to get another 9mm (Glock 26). IMO, I'd rather have almost all my stuff the same caliber, as to lessen my expense when I go to the range (9mm is way cheaper then 380 rds.) and also easier to bring less different types of shells, as well as the 9mm being far superior to the 380

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Busa makes a good point. When we had the ammo scare if you remember there were only a few calibers accessable(9mm and .45) it seemd they just stopped producing 380 and .40. I had all 9mm's at one point, but got rid of all of them to switch everything to .45. I'm not down talking a 9mm by any means, but pound for pound on stopping power- the .45 is the weapon of choice for me. I have talkied to to many military folks and read to many articals that if the 9mm is not placed , your victim tends not to be dead, where this is rarely the case. I just like knowing that I don't have to shoot high dollar ammo to take'm down

pigmeat is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

that px-4 storm is a nice gun...just shot one this weekend, and will prob buy one
      SUPERMOD@ LORDSOFIRON.COM (invite only)