As a preface, I was trying to understand a situation my son was having relating to his baseball performance. He moved up a league and is having trouble batting as these kids are now pitching fairly fast. I found out that, even though the optometrist said they were not required, that he needed to wear prescription lenses, not regular glasses but more like goggles. We took a ride to the mall and found a pair he liked. As we were walking out the kids asked if they could get some Mickey D fries. We very rarely eat fast food but every so often i treat the kids. As we got the fries and sat at a table, the kids in front of us were pointing at the ground and chasing something. Found out that there was a mouse running out from under the garbage can, grabbing scraps and running back. My kids weren't too happy with that so my wife went and discretely told the manager. A few minutes goes by and some employee comes by, rattles the garbage, stomps down and walks away. Mind you, this is in front of other patrons my wife and my 7 and 9 year old. My wifes says to me, NO WAY did he just do what i think he did. My kids are saying what Daddy, What did he do? I take a look over to where it was and sure enough, in plain view, is a splattered mouse. The employee, for some reason, stomped and left it there. I thought the employee would come back a few minutes later to pick it up, but he didn't. I held my kids eyes and we left.

This morning my wife calls Mcdonalds Corp to complain. It's not like we eat there so we did not want free vouchers or compensation but rather to hear someone say "oh, that will be recitifed and will never happen again". Instead, the woman from Mcdonalds Corp gets all defensive and says "well, what are you looking to get out of this? Because there is nothing we could do now". My wife is livid....she had to calm down, got the woman's name and is going to call back to speak to someone else.