• Join Us!
  • Clash of the Titans
  • Clash of the Titans
  • Clash of the Titans
  • Clash of the Titans
  • Clash of the Titans
  • Clash of the Titans
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Clash of the Titans

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      Overall activity: 0%
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default Clash of the Titans

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Clash of the Titans
      • Clash of the Titans

• Clash of the Titans
      • Clash of the Titans
      • Clash of the Titans
      • Clash of the Titans
      • Clash of the Titans
      • Clash of the Titans
      It was okay but could have been much better. Still yet, it was worth watching if you're a movie buff like me. However, if anyone does go see it I strongly recommend NOT paying for the 3D. There is nothing 3D about this movie. Some have said the first 20 minutes was 3D but I didn't even notice that. My gf and I watched half of the movie without even wearing the glasses. Then, we got home and her son saw it at a different theater and complained about the same thing. So if you go to see it just buy the regular ticket.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

brody13
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: Clash of the Titans

I agree 100% with everything you just said. Good, not as great as the previews. 3d has been slammed a lot by critics and audiences.

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

man I've been wanting to see it

TheChosen1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 825
      is Simply....the Best!

I am:
      Wtf

Level

Post Re: Clash of the Titans

I can agree with you somewhat JsJs. I saw the 3D version and most of the fighting scenes and water scenes were pretty awesome in 3D. (BTW, it was free since I went with my gf who works at the theaters). Personally, I told her that I loved the movie mostly since I was always a Greek mythology buff. But some of the facts in the movie were false.

If I remember right, Perseus was not so much against the gods to the point that he didn't want any "gifts" from them in order to conquer Medusa. In fact according to Greek mythology, he'd received the winged helmet and sandals from Mercury (the messenger god) and the shield and sword from Athena (goddess of war and wisdom) in his quest to defeat Medusa. Not to mention that he was given permission to acquire Pegasus, the last winged horse of the Gods. And the movie made it seem that he had no interest in the way the Gods lived but again in mythology, days after he defeated the Cracken, he attempted to fly Pegasus to Mount Olympus and because of that, was thrown off of Pegasus by Zeus and forced to live as a mortal for the rest of his life.

I did find it funny how the writers of the movie managed to humorously throw in a little bit of the original movie to get a laugh out of us. Do you remember when he was reaching for weapons and picked up the robot owl that was in the original "Clash of the Titan"? He asked, "What's this?" and the guy tells him, "Leave that here."
      Last edited by TheChosen1; 04-07-2010 at 05:33 PM.
      Loved by some, Hated by most, but RESPECTED BY ALL

2012 APF Ca. State Champion & Double Record Holder

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Man yea I really hope I like it! I loved the original!

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosen1 View Post
      I can agree with you somewhat JsJs. I saw the 3D version and most of the fighting scenes and water scenes were pretty awesome in 3D. (BTW, it was free since I went with my gf who works at the theaters). Personally, I told her that I loved the movie mostly since I was always a Greek mythology buff. But some of the facts in the movie were false.

If I remember right, Perseus was not so much against the gods to the point that he didn't want any "gifts" from them in order to conquer Medusa. In fact according to Greek mythology, he'd received the winged helmet and sandals from Mercury (the messenger god) and the shield and sword from Athena (goddess of war and wisdom) in his quest to defeat Medusa. Not to mention that he was given permission to acquire Pegasus, the last winged horse of the Gods. And the movie made it seem that he had no interest in the way the Gods lived but again in mythology, days after he defeated the Cracken, he attempted to fly Pegasus to Mount Olympus and because of that, was thrown off of Pegasus by Zeus and forced to live as a mortal for the rest of his life.

I did find it funny how the writers of the movie managed to humorously throw in a little bit of the original movie to get a laugh out of us. Do you remember when he was reaching for weapons and picked up the robot owl that was in the original "Clash of the Titan"? He asked, "What's this?" and the guy tells him, "Leave that here."
      I am shocked that you found the fight scenes to be 3D. I honestly could not even tell it was in 3D, nor could my gf or her son. I kept taking the glasses on and off real quick during the fight scenes and noticed nothing, and we have awesome top notch movie theaters. I have seen about every 3D movie that has come out and this was a HUGE rip off to me.

I agree with you on the Greek Mythology part of the movie being false and I am a big fan of it as well. The fact that he kept refusing the weapons was pretty much what ruined the whole movie for me, to the point that I was actually getting upset sitting there watching it. Anyway, the fight scenes made up for the lack of a good story somewhat.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

brody13
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Clash of the Titans
      • Clash of the Titans

• Clash of the Titans
      • Clash of the Titans
      • Clash of the Titans
      • Clash of the Titans
      • Clash of the Titans
      • Clash of the Titans
      Yea, i wanted him to take the freaking sword and what not, it was pissing me off!