• Join Us!
  • Best for Conceiled Handgun?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Best for Conceiled Handgun?

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Best for Conceiled Handgun?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I got my conceiled license and am looking for the BEST gun to get...

Good accuracy, reliable..and Cool Looking

What ya guys think?

TheChosen1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 825
      Overall activity: 0%
      is Simply....the Best!

I am:
      Wtf

Level

Post Re: Best for Conceiled Handgun?

What are you looking to conceal? A semi-auto, auto, revolver?
      Loved by some, Hated by most, but RESPECTED BY ALL

2012 APF Ca. State Champion & Double Record Holder

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: Best for Conceiled Handgun?

Donno yet..don't have a license for a fully auto so prolly a semi or revolver.

Not really familiar with the smaller guns. A guy at my work told me the Kel-Tech 380 is a good one?

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Depends on personal preference and budget. Some will swear by Kel Tec and some by Bersa and some by others. If I'm on a budget - Bersa/Taurus and the likes. If I can have what I want- HK or Kimber Ultra Carry is more of my liking

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

For concealability, Keltec has it with the P32 and P3AT(.380). I have a Keltec P32. I'm 200 shy of 1000rds without a single hicup. The P32 and P3AT are almost the exact same size. I like the .32 because Keltec offers a 10rd mag for it. I get a full grip with the 10rd mag because of the extention. Then put a finger-catcher on it and you get an even better grip. The sights are a little more visible with the .32 as well. My friend has the Keltec .380 and I can hit much better with the .32. Better grip and more distinguished sights...go figure.
      For concealability, my choice is the lightest .32 ever made. Weighing in at 6.5oz, the Keltec P32. Great little self defense piece.

I love my Ruger P95 if I feel like toting a little more. well, allot more. At 15+1 capacity of 9mm, and a couple more inches of barrel, I can reach on out with accuracy and pack a good bit more punch. Ruger's P series autos are synonmous with dependable. You''ll notice something about the internet and guns. If I were to dig around enough online, researching a certain gun I want, I probably wouldn't own a gun. There are always haters of this make and that model. There are gun forums with gun-basher band-wagons. where all the members bash 'such&such'...That's why I bought a Ruger P95. I noticed threads like "best gun for under $400"...People always liked that P95.
      H&K, as deep said. That's another brand that gets nothing but top reviews. You're well above the $400 range with the HKs though.

You'd do good to get to a dealer that's also a shooting range. That way, you can try a few on for size and see how they feel and shoot. What I prefer might not be your favorite choice.
      1 up

Go Gators

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      For concealability, Keltec has it with the P32 and P3AT(.380). I have a Keltec P32. I'm 200 shy of 1000rds without a single hicup. The P32 and P3AT are almost the exact same size. I like the .32 because Keltec offers a 10rd mag for it. I get a full grip with the 10rd mag because of the extention. Then put a finger-catcher on it and you get an even better grip. The sights are a little more visible with the .32 as well. My friend has the Keltec .380 and I can hit much better with the .32. Better grip and more distinguished sights...go figure.
      For concealability, my choice is the lightest .32 ever made. Weighing in at 6.5oz, the Keltec P32. Great little self defense piece.

I love my Ruger P95 if I feel like toting a little more. well, allot more. At 15+1 capacity of 9mm, and a couple more inches of barrel, I can reach on out with accuracy and pack a good bit more punch. Ruger's P series autos are synonmous with dependable. You''ll notice something about the internet and guns. If I were to dig around enough online, researching a certain gun I want, I probably wouldn't own a gun. There are always haters of this make and that model. There are gun forums with gun-basher band-wagons. where all the members bash 'such&such'...That's why I bought a Ruger P95. I noticed threads like "best gun for under $400"...People always liked that P95.
      H&K, as deep said. That's another brand that gets nothing but top reviews. You're well above the $400 range with the HKs though.

You'd do good to get to a dealer that's also a shooting range. That way, you can try a few on for size and see how they feel and shoot. What I prefer might not be your favorite choice.

Ahhh yep I see what you mean about the online reviews bro...

I went to my local Academy and the guy was telling me how the Taurus 709 slim 9mm. He said it was one of the best guns for the price and actually I was kinda impressed by what he was telling me. Then I go online and there are a bunch of people saying that its not a really good gun and they were having problems with it..blah blah blah

Just wanna make sure I get the best quality I can for the price. Sorta like the look of the 38 special snub nose by S&W. Woudn't have to worry about hang-ups at least with a revolver. Let the reviews continue..im still looking

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Not really a fan of the 709- I like the Millenium Pro better, but hands down my Ruger P345(.45 ACP) fits best in my hands and I picked it up for $375.00- sad thing is it feels better than my new Glock 21- Yes HP- I bought a Glock and another Yugo SKS(have 2 now)

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Added a Glock to the family huh?..nice! damn good guns. That's where I was with the Glock too though. I was a gnats-ass from getting a G26 or G19. I did allot of research and shooting. Ya really can't take away from the quality of the Glock. It's a tried and true brand, but that good ole further tried and true system of the P series, e.g. DA/SA, hammer-fired w/safety/decocker, etc...1911 type design...and saving $150...I had to give the Ruger a go. The Ruger feels better in my hand as well. All-in-all, I'm damn glad I gave the Ruger a go. That's one hell of a polymer framed pistol. Runs like a champ no matter what ya feed it. And, it's nice to see the statement in the first part of the manual. 'No high velocity, NATO, SAAMI, CID, etc.. standards ammunition is beyond the design or known not to function in this pistol'(loosely quoted) I've yet to see another brand back continuous use of +P/+P+ ammunition.

I've heard from a few folks that aren't that happy with the 709 as well. But there are plenty of happy folks too. Taurus seems to be a 50/50 chance. I think allot of it has to do with the model Taurus you get. I've just read too much negative on the 709. And on the other hand. My friend has a Taurus 24/7 that passed 5k rounds a little while ago. without 1 single flaw. Accuarate as you can be too. It's not exactly your ideal carry pistol though. You'd need a radio-flyer to pull it around in.

Sometimes you just gotta take your chances. You can always trade-in, trade-up, down whatever. That's the good thing. Most guns hold value.
      1 up

Go Gators

TheChosen1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 825
      is Simply....the Best!

I am:
      Wtf

Level

Post Re: Best for Conceiled Handgun?

I would think that a 380 is a huge gun to conceal. Besides, there's not alot of fire power behind the 380. I've read where a guy was shot 6 times with one and survived, literally walked into the ER.

For a revolver, you can probably get a S&W .38 special or .357 magnum snubnose. As for a semi, .22 or .25 cal is good. Very small but good. And if you really want something little and concealing, a Darringer double barrel but it's a one shot gun. LOL
      Loved by some, Hated by most, but RESPECTED BY ALL

2012 APF Ca. State Champion & Double Record Holder

Michelle Hayden is offline Platinum Vixen
      Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 233
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I like my Sig

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

HP & Deep..I with you both having Rugers what do you think of the SR9 compact? looks like a damn good gun for the price

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Best for Conceiled Handgun?
      Quote Originally Posted by TheChosen1 View Post
      I would think that a 380 is a huge gun to conceal. Besides, there's not alot of fire power behind the 380. I've read where a guy was shot 6 times with one and survived, literally walked into the ER.

For a revolver, you can probably get a S&W .38 special or .357 magnum snubnose. As for a semi, .22 or .25 cal is good. Very small but good. And if you really want something little and concealing, a Darringer double barrel but it's a one shot gun. LOL
      A .380 has always been one of the smaller options on the more concealable side. Think about the Llama, Bersa, Keltec, etc...the list goes on. I can only think of 2 .380s that were on the bulky side. The Hi-Point and Glock. Those 2 are big .380s. Other than that. The .380 has been the largest of the small calibers, while maintaining the small caliber size. And a +P/+P+ .380rd packs some serious velocity and energy for a pocket pistol.

Here's my "mouse-gun"

Keltec P32. I'm more than confident in this little gun to serve it's purpose.

Only .75" wide.

The .380 is the same size. It just weighs 2oz more. well, almost. The .32 is 6.5oz. The P380 is 8.3oz. The demensions are alike.
      So as long as you steer clear of the bulky Hi-Point or Glock .380s, you'll have a very concealable piece. The cylinder on the revolvers make them a bit on the bulky side. As well as the weight.
      But .380 a huge gun to conceal? no sir. Very concealable.
      1 up

Go Gators

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by 2-Swole View Post
      HP & Deep..I with you both having Rugers what do you think of the SR9 compact? looks like a damn good gun for the price
      Ruger has an excellent reputation for their line they've had for years. They have had a couple come and go. I dig the heck out of the SR9. Allot of folks like their SR9 as well. I don't own one. Never even shot one, so I can't give you that experienced review. I do know they had some folks sending them back during the 1st yr of it's release. There are those old Ruger men that don't care for certain new releases, like the SR9, that appeal to a different demographic...so, you do read some bashers of it. Pretty much every make and model has had some issues slip through QC, or just some issues that arise once the gun is used. It doesn't make that model garbage.
      I think the SR9 would be a good purchase. I like it. I like that black. It's not blued, so you don't have to worry about corrosion. I have thought the SR9 is badass since it came out. I've made a few rules to my gun shopping since. One is no striker fired pitsols, but...That's a stupid rule.lol...
      Heck if you have any issues with it. Ruger has excellent customer service, I hear.(knock on wood) don't want to find out. but Ruger will get ya fixed and back in action pretty quickly, from what I've heard.
      Also, the SR9c comes with the extension sleeve so you can put a full-size SR9 mag in and have a factory sleev to fill the gap. Then you're packing 17+1
      I think the SR9 is badass!
      1 up

Go Gators