• Join Us!
  • How depressing!
  • How depressing!
  • How depressing!
  • How depressing!
  • How depressing!
  • How depressing!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How depressing!

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default How depressing!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • How depressing!
      • How depressing!

• How depressing!
      • How depressing!
      • How depressing!
      • How depressing!
      • How depressing!
      • How depressing!
      Every morning, instaed of reading the paper, I read the Chicago headlines online. They always have the top five stories listed. Anyway, it always seems that most of the top five are always about, shootings, stabbings, beatings, etc. It is disturbing to think of what the world is coming to. It makes me not even want to read the news or watch it on TV.

Here are this mornings tops stories:

Woman charged in South Shore acid attack

Teen stabbed to death in Palatine

Man shot to death in Northlake home

Cashier to receive customer's kidney today

1 dead, 1 injured in Lawndale shooting

See what I mean, 4 out of 5! It is like this every day.
      Last edited by BABY1; 03-26-2010 at 08:11 AM.
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Default Re: How depressing!

If Chicago would let people own guns. That criminal, that had a gun because he doesn't give a shit about the law, would've most likely received return fire. So the man that was shot in his home might still be alive. Headlines might've had a highlight instead of another depressing story.
      "Man kills armed assailant that entered his home last night." (much better) But, criminals know they have unarmed citizens to choose from. "fish in a barrel"

Those are some depressing headlines.
      I can't stand to hear of people getting attacked like that. Killed by criminals. If the rules were followed, we wouldn't be reading about innocent people getting attacked nearly as much. Amendment #2 of the Bill of Rights. No matter how "bad" a thug tries to be. They don't want anything to do with the business end of a gun.
      And while these wanna-be thugs are sleepin in on Saturday mornings after their Friday nights, I'm grouping 16rds into an inch. Try me. "thug"...fukin punks...ruining the country. littering the streets just by being visible.
      1 up

Go Gators

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      If Chicago would let people own guns. That criminal, that had a gun because he doesn't give a shit about the law, would've most likely received return fire. .

How come I knew that you would say that, lol? Anyway, I do not know what gun laws in Illinois are, but I thought that you were allowed to own a gun here?
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

we have the same probs here...i dont even bother anymore.
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Its an epidemic..around here, we have the largest army base in the country and those guys are always shootin or stabbing someone in a bar

TheChosen1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 825
      is Simply....the Best!

I am:
      Wtf

Level

Post Re: How depressing!

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
      How come I knew that you would say that, lol? Anyway, I do not know what gun laws in Illinois are, but I thought that you were allowed to own a gun here?
      I don't know about the state laws of Illinois, but the U.S. Constitution states in the 2nd Amendment that everyone have the rights to bear arms in their own home. If the tides were turned and it was the assailant shot instead, I doubt the home owner would have been arrested.
      Loved by some, Hated by most, but RESPECTED BY ALL

2012 APF Ca. State Champion & Double Record Holder

3Vandoo is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 11.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Come in quebec

buglars will come in your house at night, steal your belonging, rape your wife and daughter, kill your son, kill your dog, put the cat in the microwave and then you shoot them to death.

YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR MAN SLAUGHTER, poor criminals they have rights too they must work in a secured and clean work environment
      three doodoo is back! Hide your women!

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo View Post
      Come in quebec

YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR MAN SLAUGHTER, poor criminals they have rights too they must work in a secured and clean work environment
      LMAO!!!!

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Quote Originally Posted by baby1 View Post
      yes mam. Guns are banned in Chicago. Well, pretty much. It's almost impossible to own one legally, with all the hoops, regitrations, ect ect ect...I don't think you can own a hand gun period.

All that's about to change for Chi town though. They've been battling it out in the Supreme Court since the beginning of last week. The attorneys for The Contitution got the ban overturned in Washington DC last year. I haven't kept up with this Chicago case like I wanted to. I've just been so busy the past couple weeks, but I wonder the status.??? I need to check in on it.

It's illegal for citiens to own guns, but Chicago's local government officials can own them. They created a little loop hole stating that because they're local government, they're considered law enforcement. Good ole Chicago politics at work. I should find you the article about the congressman that bent the rules way out of whack because he's a gun collector and forgot to register his collection one year. It's ridiculous. Everybody that was within his slip-up timeframe got a break too.
      1 up

Go Gators

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Maybe chicago for now but the supremem, curt ordered a 5-4 vote in favor to have and bare hand guns across the land but other city suburbs in the state if Illinois we can own a gun. Fuk chicago . I also know people who live in chicago that have licenses for hand guns that live in chicago. So its odd that chicago has a gun ban but when you fill out the form to get one and put a chicago addressI know several people who have licenses with a chicago address so the system still sucks

What are the Gun Laws in Illinois

Caution: Firearm laws frequently change and the following answers may not reflect changes in the laws.

State Requirements

Rifles and Shotguns
      • Permit to purchase rifles and shotguns? FOID Required.*
      • Registration of rifles and shotguns? No**
      • Licensing of owners of rifles and shotguns? FOID Required.*
      • Permit to carry rifles and shotguns? FOID Required.*

Handguns
      • Permit to purchase handgun? FOID Required.*
      • Registration of handguns? No.**
      • Licensing of owners of handguns? FOID Required.*
      • Permit to carry handguns? No***
      * Subject to municipal control. Handguns have been banned in some municipalities.
      ** Chicago requires registration of all firearms.
      *** Carrying a concealed weapon is prohibited entirely. A FOID is required to transport a handgun. See "Carrying."
      Purchase

A buyer is required to show his Firearms Owner’s Identification Card (FOID) when purchasing any firearms or ammunition. Any seller is required to withhold delivery of any handgun for 72 hours, and of any rifle or shotgun for 24 hours, after the buyer and seller reach an agreement to purchase a firearm.

The waiting period does not apply to a buyer who is a dealer, law enforcement officer, or a nonresident at a gun show recognized by the Illinois Department of State Police.
      The seller must retain for 10 years a record of the transfer, including a description of the firearm (including serial number), the identity of the buyer, and the buyer’s FOID number.
      A federally licensed dealer must contact the Department of State Police for a background check, for which there is a $2.00 fee. Any sales at gun shows, including dealers and private parties, must contact the state police for a background check.

Private parties selling firearms at gun shows must ensure the buyer has a FOID card and the buyer must undergo a background check. It is unlawful to sell or give any handgun to a person under 18, or any firearm to a person who is not eligible to obtain a FOID.
      Requirements for Foid

Application for a FOID is made to the Illinois State Police, FOID, P. O. Box 19233, Springfield, IL 62794-9233. Application forms can be obtained online at https://www.isp.state.il.us or by calling the Firearm Owners IdentiAn applicant is entitled to a FOID if he:
      • Is over 21 years of age. If under 21, he must have the written consent of his parent or guardian. In such case, the guardian himself must not be ineligible for a FOID, and the applicant must never have been convicted of a misdemeanor or adjudged a delinquent.
      • Has never been convicted of a felony.
      • Is not a narcotics addict.
      • Has not been a patient in a mental hospital in the preceding five years.
      • Is not mentally retarded.
      • Is not an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States.
      • Is not subject to an existing order of protection prohibiting the possession of a firearm.

• Has not been convicted within the past 5 years of battery, assault, aggravated assault, violation of an order of protection, or a substantially similar offense in another jurisdiction, in which a firearm was used or possessed.
      • Has not been convicted of domestic battery or a substantially similar offense in another jurisdiction committed on or after January 1, 1998.
      • Has not been convicted within the past five years of domestic battery or a substantially similar offense in another jurisdiction committed before January 1, 1998.

An applicant for a FOID must consent to the Department using the applicant's digital driver's license or Illinois ID card photograph, if available, and signature on the FOID, and must furnish the Department with his driver's license or Illinois ID card number. The Department must approve or deny the FOID within 30 days and is authorized to deny the FOID only if the applicant does not meet the listed qualifications. The FOID is valid for five years from the date of issuance. The Department shall forward to each FOID holder, a notice of expiration and a renewal notice application, 60 days prior to expiration.

A FOID may be revoked and seized if the holder made a false statement on the application, is no longer eligible, or whose mental condition poses a clear and present danger to self, others, or community.
      Possession

• It is unlawful to possess any firearm or ammunition without a valid FOID.
      • It is unlawful for any person under the age of 18 to possess a handgun, or concealable firearm.
      • It is unlawful for any person to possess any firearm with intent to use it unlawfully against another.

• It is unlawful to possess any rifle having one or more barrels less than 16" in length or a shotgun having one or more barrels less than 18" in length or any weapon made from a rifle or shotgun, if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches.
      • It is unlawful to possess any firearm in any place licensed to sell intoxicating beverages, or at any public gathering (except a gun show) at which an admission is charged. An exception is provided for the owner, manager or an authorized employee of the establishments.
      • It is unlawful for the following persons to possess a firearm or ammunition:

• 1. Under 21 who has been adjudged delinquent or been convicted of a misdemeanor other than a traffic offense.
          2. Narcotic addicts.
          3. Within the past five years has been a patient in a mental hospital.
          4. Mentally retarded. 5. Convicted felon.
      • A person with a FOID card can loan a gun to a non-FOID card owner as long as the gun was used at a range and under the supervision of the owner.
      • It is unlawful to possess firearms or ammunition at schools. Exempt include students in firearm training courses, parades, hunting, target shooting on school ranges.
      Note: In Chicago it is unlawful to keep any firearm unless it has been registered with the Chicago Police. Carrying (Residents Only)

It is unlawful to carry or possess any firearm in any vehicle or concealed on or about the person, except on one's land or or fixed place of business.
      It is unlawful to carry or possess any firearm on any public street or other public lands within the corporate limits of a city, village, or incorporated town, except when: an invitee thereon or therein, for the purpose of the display of firearms or the lawful commerce in firearms.
      Exceptions are persons using their firearms on established target ranges; licensed hunters, trappers, or fishermen while engaged in their licensed activity; transportation of firearms that are broken down in a non-functioning state or are not immediately accessible, and transportation, carrying, or possession of a firearm which is unloaded and enclosed in a case, firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container, by the possessor of a valid FOID.
      Under the Wildlife Code, it is unlawful to have or carry any firearm in or on any vehicle or conveyance unless unloaded and enclosed in a case. Miscellaneous

It is unlawful for any person to store or leave a firearm if the person knows or has reason to believe that a minor under the age of 14 years who does not have a FOID is likely to gain access to the firearm without the lawful permission of the parent, guardian, or person having charge of the minor, and the minor causes death or great bodily harm with the firearm, unless the firearm is:
      • 1. Secured by a device or mechanism, other than the firearm safety, designed to render a firearm temporarily inoperable, or
        2. Placed in a securely locked box or container, or 3. Placed in some other location that a reasonable person would believe to be secure from a minor.

https://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/firearmsfaq.cfm
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

You know there one first thing according to international relations and politics. For a country to be sovereign and in control, he should have control of the weapon on its territory and all weapons should be restrained to the max

so according to many scholars, the USA is a chaotic country who is not able to have his own sovereingty.

just want to bang your balls

dixiechick
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I get the weekend paper and E always ask why I read it. It's always full of depressing stories. I use to hardly ever watch the news, but now that I'm working out of the house the TV stays on. I usually catch the new at some point in the day which is always full of depressing stories. I don't know why I subject myself to it.

I do like the weekend paper for the sales flyers... only we've been too broke to so any shopping so that's depressing. On the upside, I'm feeling like things are turning around for us. We're both booked up with work.

Where is my paper? I feel a shopping spree coming on....

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

So it doesn't look too tight for the rest of Illinois. Except for that Firearms Owner’s Identification Card (FOID) thing. Hopefully these attorneys of The Constitution will get all that crap taken care of.

The gun shop I get ammo from has one of those "Freedom" Keltecs. #2232 of 5000. It has the word "Freedom" and "December 15th 1791" on the slide. I wish they'd had it when I bought my P32. It would've gotten some target practice time today. That'd be nice. If a cop asks where your permit is, you could just point to that date. "It's right there officer." Too bad our basic liberties aren't protected, or even recognized though.
      1 up

Go Gators

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Guys, we're in 2010, the reality of 1791 is no more!

What will the constitution like when aliens invade us

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • How depressing!
      • How depressing!

• How depressing!
      • How depressing!
      • How depressing!
      • How depressing!
      • How depressing!
      • How depressing!
      yeah, no shyt. We're about to be invaded by 30million aliens.
      It's amazing how far off idiots can drift in only a couple hundred yrs.
      Those basic liberties of man aren't provided by the government. Those are just simple, natural rights. The real messed up part is that they're even documented just a couple hundred years ago so one might think it's idiot proofed. nope.
      1 up

Go Gators