• Join Us!
  • Anderson Silva already planning move to HW!
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Anderson Silva already planning move to HW!

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default Anderson Silva already planning move to HW!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

With the amount of success that current UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva has obtained outside of his “comfort zone” and natural fighting weight in the light heavyweight division, an eventual climb to the heavyweight ranks would appear to be the next step in the evolution of the career of one of the greatest mixed martial artists to step foot inside of the octagon.

As Silva prepares for the latest challenge to his UFC 185 pound crown – a UFC 112 showdown with submission ace, Demian Maia – the dominant title holder spoke on the possibility of a move up to the heavyweight division during a recent UFC conference call held to promote the UFC 112 bout in Abu Dhabi.

“My goal is still to put on as many great fights in the UFC, as many victories as I can throughout the three divisions – middleweight, light heavyweight and possibly heavyweight,” said Silva. “Heavyweight is definitely something I have in mind. It’s in my plans. I’ve been adapting my training and ever-changing to take on that challenge.”

And while a move to heavyweight at some point down the road seems to be a formality at this point, Silva expressed that he is far from done handling his business at middleweight for the time being.

“I’m actually far from cleaning out my division,” said Silva. “I feel like there may be guys that are even better than me coming into the UFC. Proof that there’s tough guys in the division is Demian Maia right now… (the fight’s) going to be a big challenge for me.”

You can't blame the guy for challenging himself. If he goes to HW and wins against some top guys....he is BY FAR the best P4P and there will be no doubt about it!
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

Schiznick is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 49
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Anderson Silva already planning move to HW!

I would like to see him get the 205 belt before considering HW... These guys at HW now would be too big and strong for him anyway... no way could even compete against guys like LEsnar.. no way
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"...................Benjamin Franklin

schiznick13@yahoo.com

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

I don't really think he even cares about the belt to be honest. I think he just wants the big fights regardless of the belt. A fight between him and say Frank Mir would bring more attention than him fighting Rashad or something on his way to the belt. I actually think the HWs would be in some big trouble with him to be honest. I think he is too fast and evasive for the to get a hold on him and get him down and he would eat them alive in a standup fight.

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote-
      I don't really think he even cares about the belt to be honest. I think he just wants the big fights regardless of the belt. A fight between him and say Frank Mir would bring more attention than him fighting Rashad or something on his way to the belt. I actually think the HWs would be in some big trouble with him to be honest. I think he is too fast and evasive for the to get a hold on him and get him down and he would eat them alive in a standup fight. QUOTE

ARE YOU FRIGGIN SERIOUS TNZ ABOUT HE WOULD GIVE HEAVYWEIGHTS PROBLEMS. MAYBE THE LOWER CLASS OF HW I'M SURE, BUT THE 170-185 WOULD GIVE SOME HW PROBLEMS BUT NO WAY IS SILVA GOING TO COME CLOSE TO WINNING AGAINST THE TOP HEAVYWEIGHTS . I KNOW YOU LIKE HIM BUT CMON MAN YOU HAVE TO BRING YOUR FAVORITE FIGHTER OR WHAT EVER WORD IM TRYING TO SAY TO COME DOWN A NOTCH.SILVA HASNT FOUGHT ALOT OF GOOD FIGHTERS LATELY.

FOREST-NOT
      PATRIC COYTE-NOT
      JAMES IRVIN-HELL NO
      THALES-CMON HE HASNT FOUGHT ANYONE WORTH FIGHTING IN HIS LAST 4 FIGHTS

GOOD FIGHTERS HE HAS FOUGHT IN HIS LAST 10 FIGHTS
      FRANKLIN
      HENDO
      NATE MARQUART

AND LETS LOOK AT HIS BOXING RECORD 1-1 WHAT WOULD YOU THINK HE WOULD DO FIGHTING BJ IN A BOXING MATCH,STRICTLY BOXING.SILVA HAS TO LEAVE THE DIVISION GIVE UP THE BELT AND MOVE TO 205 JUST LIKE BJ WILL DO AT 155.
      Last edited by FUZO; 03-24-2010 at 07:41 PM. Reason: QUOTE
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      Quote-
      I don't really think he even cares about the belt to be honest. I think he just wants the big fights regardless of the belt. A fight between him and say Frank Mir would bring more attention than him fighting Rashad or something on his way to the belt. I actually think the HWs would be in some big trouble with him to be honest. I think he is too fast and evasive for the to get a hold on him and get him down and he would eat them alive in a standup fight. QUOTE

ARE YOU FRIGGIN SERIOUS TNZ ABOUT HE WOULD GIVE HEAVYWEIGHTS PROBLEMS. MAYBE THE LOWER CLASS OF HW I'M SURE, BUT THE 170-185 WOULD GIVE SOME HW PROBLEMS BUT NO WAY IS SILVA GOING TO COME CLOSE TO WINNING AGAINST THE TOP HEAVYWEIGHTS . I KNOW YOU LIKE HIM BUT CMON MAN YOU HAVE TO BRING YOUR FAVORITE FIGHTER OR WHAT EVER WORD IM TRYING TO SAY TO COME DOWN A NOTCH.SILVA HASNT FOUGHT ALOT OF GOOD FIGHTERS LATELY.

FOREST-NOT
      PATRIC COYTE-NOT
      JAMES IRVIN-HELL NO
      THALES-CMON HE HASNT FOUGHT ANYONE WORTH FIGHTING IN HIS LAST 4 FIGHTS

GOOD FIGHTERS HE HAS FOUGHT IN HIS LAST 10 FIGHTS
      FRANKLIN
      HENDO
      NATE MARQUART

AND LETS LOOK AT HIS BOXING RECORD 1-1 WHAT WOULD YOU THINK HE WOULD DO FIGHTING BJ IN A BOXING MATCH,STRICTLY BOXING.SILVA HAS TO LEAVE THE DIVISION GIVE UP THE BELT AND MOVE TO 205 JUST LIKE BJ WILL DO AT 155.
      Call me crazy or whatever but his movement and reactions are freaking nuts and if he is training specifically to fight HWs, then yes, I think he will give them fits. I hear what you are saying, but I haven't seen one flaw in his game and I really don't think we have seen him fight at 100% either...He has fought everyone they have put in front of him. What else can he do about that? He has completely destroyed every freaking fighter he has faced. When was the boxing record? Have you seen the video of him training with the boxing school? He is too good with range and knows his reach very well. A straight boxing match between him and BJ, man I would have to give it to Anderson. He has the same speed if not better, same movement, if not better, more power because he is just bigger, and he will have the reach.

It's just a feeling....kind of like Hardy. We will see soon enough