• Join Us!
  • Handi-"capable"
  • Handi-"capable"
  • Handi-"capable"
  • Handi-"capable"
  • Handi-"capable"
  • Handi-"capable"
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Handi-"capable"

ROAD WARRIOR is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 146
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Thumbs up Handi-"capable"

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Handi-"capable"
      • Handi-"capable"

• Handi-"capable"
      • Handi-"capable"
      • Handi-"capable"
      • Handi-"capable"
      • Handi-"capable"
      • Handi-"capable"
      I was at my part time job at the auto parts store today, and a guy in a wheel chair came in. He needed a headlight for his van, and while I was looking it up we chatted a bit. The guy was in really good shape, and he competes in all kinds of wheel chair events. I told him how I've been working out and losing weight, and we talked some tech about diet and such. I offered to try and install the light for him, and he said he'd like to try it on his own, but if I'd "supervise" he'd be grateful. So, we went outside and b.s.'d some more and got the job done. I was very impressed with this guy's attitude and dedication to his physical self, and it also made me pretty grateful for the fact that I'm able to do things that I sometimes take for granted, like being able to walk.
      U

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Handi-"capable"

The guy who lives next door to me I used to take care of him because he is paralized from the neck down and the state would pay me as a care taker.. So every morning I would dress him make his lunch ect ect . But people might think its easy just to have a guy paralized to wake up and get him on his chair. theres a certian method to do this.He had showed me by talking me through it how to get him in and out of his chair and in and out of his bed and even in and out of his shower chair.Now the first time I had to shower him I kinda got surprised because his old care taker at the time did this for many years but was going on vacation for a few weeks and she had to show me how to bath him and how to give him a bowel movement. Now if anyone wants to crack a joke then leave and i'l ban ya now but what you have to do is you have to put on a runner glove and give the paralized guy a proctal exam sort to say to get the process rolling. So yes you have to stick your finger up his ass to get his mucles or what ever working so he can go. I wasnt very confortable the first time doing this but then again I said to myself this is my friend and he cant walk so I will help him. The 2nd time I had to shower him I had to break the ice because I just couldnt believe what I was doing so I had grabbed a vibrator and said hey i;m not ging to use my finger this time to make yougo to the washroom i'm going to use this and I pulled out this big ole vibrator and said i'm going to stick this up your ass and he laughed and laughed so hard and so did I and after that it was like it was a regular doctor kind of routine.I also learned how to change his foley catheter. His nurse had to come over and show me how to do this and I got certified to do this also. That was easy. All you do is incert the tube through his penis then when it feels like its all the way in there you then inject saline into it and it fills up a balloon in his bladder and then you cap it off and your done. Then when you cange it you grab a syringe hook it up draw back and pull out all of the liquid until its all out and pull the catheter out. You have to make sure this is very sterile or he could get infections all the time. I didnt mind doing this for him and whn I tell people this they look at me like i'm crazy and I could never figure out why. Its helping a handicap person. My wife baby1 has always said I would of made a great fireman or paramedic or some kind of doctor in the medical field because nothing ever grossed me out and I enjoyed helping people who were sick
      Attached Images Attached Images
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

ROAD WARRIOR is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 146
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

You're a good guy, Fuzo.
      U

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Handi-"capable"
      • Handi-"capable"

• Handi-"capable"
      • Handi-"capable"
      • Handi-"capable"
      • Handi-"capable"
      • Handi-"capable"
      • Handi-"capable"
      Some good stories there. Wow, Fuzo, that was truly remarkable what you did for that guy. Ive never heard such a description of how it is for someone in that situation. Man, reading that blew me away. People have no idea. Like you said, people might think its easy to get a guy up and into a chair... We should all be more grateful. So easy to take things for granted. More people should do things like that, it might make people more grateful and compassionate.
      I think of the CNAs back when I was in the hospital. They were like angels. The things they did, without flinching. They were like Mother Theresa to me. Wish everyone had such a heart. We owe our lives to such people