• Join Us!
  • Hardy lashes out to fellow fighters, critics
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardy lashes out to fellow fighters, critics

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default Hardy lashes out to fellow fighters, critics

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

In his blog for hometown news site This Is Nottingham, UFC welterweight title contender Dan Hardy fired back today at those who have recently criticized his chances against Georges St. Pierre at UFC 111, and his rapid rise to title contendership, including: American Kickboxing Academy fighters Mike Swick and Josh Koscheck, and GSP training partner Nate Marquardt:

Quote:
      I am a big underdog against GSP and every interview, every day, in emails from fans, I'm getting asked: 'How do you expect to beat GSP?' and 'Do you think you deserve a title shot?'

I am getting those questions all the time, like GSP is some kind of god and shouldn't even have to defend his title.

GSP has already beaten most of the top contenders. They've had their chance, while I haven't.

I've beaten everyone the UFC has put in front of me; I've never turned down a fight and I am not about to now.

On Swick:

Quote:
      I would have been happy having a couple more fights before getting my shot, but I was offered a spot as a late replacement against Mike Swick in a final eliminator in November, accepted, and beat him up.

It's funny Swick is now moaning that I didn't deserve this shot. Swick should have kept his mind off me and on his last opponent, Paulo Thiago, and maybe he wouldn't have been beaten again.

On Koscheck:

Quote:
      I am very amused Josh Koscheck is still *****ing his lungs out that he deserves a title shot, not me.

British fans will know Koscheck as the Fraggle-haired guy who got sparked out in one round in London a year ago, only to take his loss out on an innocent chair backstage, scoring a split decision points win over the unsuspecting piece of furniture.

If you've forgotten that fight (and if you blinked, you'd have missed it) you'll see something very similar in May when Paul Daley knocks him out.

Koscheck says I have beaten nobodies but my latest win was over his supposed friend and team-mate in Swick.

How loyal. That's why Jon Fitch isn't improving, why Koscheck has so many one-sided losses on his record and why Swick will never fight for a title.

They aren't really a team, they don't have each others' best interests at heart and clearly there's a lack of respect in that gym.

On Marquardt:

Quote:
      Nate Marquardt is another guy who has been vocal that I am getting some sort of preferential treatment from the UFC.

He's a middleweight, so I can't see how this concerns him. But all I can say is if I don't curl up into a ball and get blasted in one round, I'll do better than he did in his title shot against Anderson Silva.

I've won four UFC bouts to get here, not-so-great Nate had three, none of which were against world-beaters.
      I am really starting to like this guy. Notice how nowhere in these quotes did Hardy talk trash about GSP. That is respect. He has some very good points here. I actually think he has a shot at beating GSP and he seems like the type of person that fights better angry. We will see.
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Hardy lashes out to fellow fighters, critics

He didnt disrespect gsp but did lash out on koz and swick. dans record is 24-6. he's fought 4 ufc guys swick is good so good win there,as for marcus davis he's ok not the best but ok.Rory and gono there just ok also. so 4 ufc guys and I say 1 real good fighter and 3 ok guys.Without a doubt koz deserved it hefore dan but its always dick head danas way. I think dan should of fought more ufc good fighters before the gsp fight. Have him fight koz first because after this fight koz is next.If he or anyone can stop gsp's takedowns ofcourse they will beat gsp imo.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

He talked trash about them because they started it. Kos didn't deserve it either. Hell, he got KO'd in under a minute by a newcomer. Then he beat Trigg....who anyone in the division could have beat him. He beat Anthony Johnson and many people think he faked the eye poke to rest because he was getting beat at the time. Hardy is undefeated. I mean, Swick was supposed to fight in a "winner gets a title shot" fight and Hardy had to come in last minute as a replacement and beat Swick easily. Why shouldn't he get it? We will see..

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i've seen all his fights, i got no problems with him, and his title shot, i think he earned it, it's not like he had close wins, he routed all of his opponents, for me, he's sneaky fast, probably stronger than he looks, and has heavy hands, hell yeah, he deserves a shot

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

and many people think he faked the eye poke to rest because he was getting beat at the time
      Do you think that. Koz always came in good condition.the knee was blocked but koz was down when the knee landed so it was a illegal strike,his eyes got poked

by anthonys fingers. anthony also got poked 2x so they both were well rested in that fight. As for koz getting beat. He got caught just like anyone can get caught by thiago and thiago isnt a new comer. And alot of people did say the fight should of continued because koz did put up his hands so was aware of what was coming

Why shouldn't he get it? We will see..
      Why shouldnt he get it because he just came into the ufc thats why. He has to pay his dues just like everyone else should and he beat I good fighter 1 fighter. But like I said dana has to be the king ruler and he likes to play by his rules and not the right thing to due
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      Do you think that. Koz always came in good condition.the knee was blocked but koz was down when the knee landed so it was a illegal strike,his eyes got poked

by anthonys fingers. anthony also got poked 2x so they both were well rested in that fight. As for koz getting beat. He got caught just like anyone can get caught by thiago and thiago isnt a new comer. And alot of people did say the fight should of continued because koz did put up his hands so was aware of what was coming

Why shouldnt he get it because he just came into the ufc thats why. He has to pay his dues just like everyone else should and he beat I good fighter 1 fighter. But like I said dana has to be the king ruler and he likes to play by his rules and not the right thing to due
      The Thiago loss was a huge upset! Brock got one with less fights. It doesn't even matter about Kos's loss to Thiago...he hasn't beaten anyone the way Hardy has. I can understand if the guy had won a couple of decisions against nobodies, but Hardy has walked through people. He has a better chance at beating GSP anyway. Koscheck's strength is wrestling and it isn't as good as GSP. GSP has much better standup than Kos. SO GSP can beat Kos anywhere....GSP will have to get Hardy on the ground to win.

Schiznick is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 49
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Bottom line is he should have fought KOS or one of the other top guys in the division first...
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"...................Benjamin Franklin

schiznick13@yahoo.com

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Who should fight him? It shouldn't be Kos, he is not in the running going by his performances. So who else?

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

The reason he is fighting Hardy is because he won the title shot in the Swick fight...how can that be denied?

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tn94z View Post
      The Thiago loss was a huge upset! Brock got one with less fights. It doesn't even matter about Kos's loss to Thiago...he hasn't beaten anyone the way Hardy has. I can understand if the guy had won a couple of decisions against nobodies, but Hardy has walked through people. He has a better chance at beating GSP anyway. Koscheck's strength is wrestling and it isn't as good as GSP. GSP has much better standup than Kos. SO GSP can beat Kos anywhere....GSP will have to get Hardy on the ground to win.

And yeah brock shouldnt of got the title fight either that quick.And what are you talking about,koz beat anthony 2nd rnd trigg 1st rnd he knocked out yoshida.So if where talking about tough fighters then hardy didnt fight tough ones either if thats what your getting at.And shiz is right dan should of fought koz first then the winner fights gsp. How can you argue that. Thats what should of happen to be respectful to fighters who earned it. But thats dana for ya.Koz has put in his time and won in the ufc more then hardy has.And it goes for brock also. And what do you mean koz's wrestling isnt as good as gsp's are you kidding. lets have a real wrestling match and who gets pinned first and my money is on the champion koz. Did you forget what he did for wrestling and his record.And koz's stand up has got better since he fought gsp.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      And yeah brock shouldnt of got the title fight either that quick.And what are you talking about,koz beat anthony 2nd rnd trigg 1st rnd he knocked out yoshida.So if where talking about tough fighters then hardy didnt fight tough ones either if thats what your getting at.And shiz is right dan should of fought koz first then the winner fights gsp. How can you argue that. Thats what should of happen to be respectful to fighters who earned it. But thats dana for ya.Koz has put in his time and won in the ufc more then hardy has.And it goes for brock also. And what do you mean koz's wrestling isnt as good as gsp's are you kidding. lets have a real wrestling match and who gets pinned first and my money is on the champion koz. Did you forget what he did for wrestling and his record.And koz's stand up has got better since he fought gsp.
      How can you go from fighting a washed up Frank Trigg to fighting for the title? That is just nuts! Trigg is one of the worst has-beens that is in the UFC. Swick's fight was for the title contention. If Kos were to have gotten a shot, then he should have fought Swick as a replacement. But no, Hardy fought him and dominated him...dominated the number 1 contender, not some washed up Frank Trigg. So there is no way to deny him the shot. And when he KO's GSP and wins the belt, everyone will jump on his bandwagon and say "I knew he had a good shot at beating GSP." Kos has put in his time and he has won, but the loss to Thiago knocked him down a few rungs on the ladder. Had it went the distance and he lost, then it would have been a different story but the way he got beat has to be considered a domination. We are not talking about wrestling, man why does this keep coming up. When I say wrestling, I am talking about wrestling in an MMA sense which is different. GSP is faster, stronger, and better at getting the takedown than KOS....he has proven that. But we will say they are equal in this case just for the sake of argument, KOS standup is no where, no where near GSPs. Just because Kos hands have gotten quicker and a little tighter, doesn't mean he will ever catch GSPs well rounded standup.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Just read up on Hardy. He has a Tae Kwon Do background, Muay thai, he trained with the Shaolin Monks, and he has a purple belt from Eddive Bravo who is no joke. So he is fairly well rounded. He says that he hasn't had to use his wrestling and ground game yet. He said that he knows GSP will eventually take him down and he is excited about using his wrestling and ground game in this fight.

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

REGARDLESS, I CANT WAIT TO SEE IT...I WANT TO SEE GSP BE CHALLENGED! I WANT TO SEE THE BEST OF BOTH GUYS!
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Yeah, it really doesn't matter. We have seen KOS fight him already, let's see a new guy.

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

man, it's the fight business

i like koscheck, i love too watch his fights, he's a great wrestler who's imroved over the last few years, is he the best, no, but by god i'll wathc his every fight

man, dana went to england 3 years ago too inflitrate europe, hardy turned into the best fighter who desrves a shot, it is a great promotion, which helps the business

they are putting on big shows every 6-8 weeks there are only so many big fights

i love mma ten times more than boxing