• Join Us!
  • Fractal Undulation: Random Sequence Periodization
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fractal Undulation: Random Sequence Periodization

Prion is offline DR FG
      Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 271
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Fractal Undulation: Random Sequence Periodization

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Fractal Undulation Training

Abstract Idea:
      Fractal undulation is the concept of merging fractal (chaos) theory with undulating periodization. It has been well documented that a necessity of adaptation is variation. The basic concept relies on random number generation to derive reps, intervals, and rest times accordingly. Therefore, two workouts will never be the same.

Introduction:
      “Chaos theory is a field of study in mathematics, physics, and philosophy studying the behaviour of dynamical systems that are highly sensitive to initial conditions. This sensitivity is popularly referred to as the butterfly effect. Small differences in initial conditions (such as those due to rounding errors in numerical computation) yield widely diverging outcomes for chaotic systems, rendering long-term prediction impossible in general. This happens even though these systems are deterministic, meaning that their future dynamics are fully determined by their initial conditions, with no random elements involved. In other words, the deterministic nature of these systems does not make them predictable. This behaviour is known as deterministic chaos, or simply chaos.
      Chaotic behaviour can be observed in many natural systems, such as the weather. Explanation of such behaviour may be sought through analysis of a chaotic mathematical model, or through analytical techniques such as recurrence plots and Poincaré maps.”

Means:
      The programming behind FUT is simple and easy to use. The concept is based off of logical operators and random numbers generated from atmospheric noise (random.org). This means that not only will two workouts never be the same, but each set causes independent variation of the next. In other words, each set causes the next to be random, thus, creating a system that is in entropy but geared towards perpetual adaptation of skeletal muscle.
      Does the flap of a butterfly’s wing in Brazil cause a tornado in Texas?
      The training protocol is based off of four primary movements. The squat, lift, push, pull, and/or lunge. The user then selects which type of exercise he/she would like to use to fit each primary movement. For example: Squat primaries could include squatting, lunging, single leg, etc. The programming then automates the repetitions, rest, and weight based off the users one repetitions maximum for any given exercise. The true driver of the concept is the random number generation to give repetitions.

Pros:
      In the lifetime of the universe, the user will never have the same work out.
      Variation is the key to blocking negative adaptation
      Perfect for general public or elite athletes (pro sporting players)
      Simple easy GUI helps coaches program in minimal time

Cons:
      Changing weights may take longer than rest times if not efficient.
      Not suitable for strict power lifting or strength training (Olympic Lifting)
      Requires mathematical knowledge or basic programming skills to mimic spreadsheet

Final Thoughts:
      We see this being an excellent system for the following: breaking monotony in current training regimens, training the elderly, training the elite athlete. This system may also be modified for giving random intervals for cardiovascular conditioning. Further developments would be in the area of exercise physiology to test the underlying mechanisms of action.

Our initial trails have been positive and we have had an excellent response in regards to trainers wanting to use this methodology. We hope to back test this system more in the near future and would like to have others on board, testing the system as well.
      "Better Things for Better Living...Through Chemistry." -DuPont

"...Indeed, there comes a time in every little slugger’s life when he's faced with the difficult decision of whether to shoot a needle into his butt and turn himself into the Incredible Hulk...or to take the higher road and pursue a career as a coal miner, but at least be able to have a few children before dying of black lung disease."

Prion is offline DR FG
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Fractal Undulation: Random Sequence Periodization

I am not sure why the hyperlink to the spreadsheet was removed but anyways here it is again

EXPLAIN WHAT THIS IS WE ARE SUPPOSEDLY DOWNLOADING

"...Indeed, there comes a time in every little slugger’s life when he's faced with the difficult decision of whether to shoot a needle into his butt and turn himself into the Incredible Hulk...or to take the higher road and pursue a career as a coal miner, but at least be able to have a few children before dying of black lung disease."

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

having trouble posting the weblink?

Prion is offline DR FG
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Yes I am. PS, why are people commenting on my post like that just pm me or make a post, don't post on mine like I wrote it. Thats not like the FG I remember. What you are downloading is the spread sheet for the programming of fractal undulation. Its a spreadsheet that allows you to prepare a program using this methodology. It works great for the general public or elite sports players looking for variation in training.

Here is the link again: To the spreadsheet that allows for random sequence periodization

Michelle Hayden is offline Platinum Vixen
      Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 233
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Sounds interesting, but i am wondering how this concept/s would work on all major muscle groups. I can understand making change through variation and adaptation, but you would have to do this for every group or it would not be overall successful, i would think. I understand the law/principle of physics, but using this "Chaos" would be against a mathematical equation unpredictable to say the least. I perhaps think tho it would be useful for someone trying to accomplish a specific goal for a certain muscle group possibly. It would be interesting to see a routine set up for this.

Michelle Hayden is offline Platinum Vixen
      Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 233
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Im using the term "routine" only in the concept that FUT is a method.

Prion is offline DR FG
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Hayden View Post
      Sounds interesting, but i am wondering how this concept/s would work on all major muscle groups. I can understand making change through variation and adaptation, but you would have to do this for every group or it would not be overall successful, i would think. I understand the law/principle of physics, but using this "Chaos" would be against a mathematical equation unpredictable to say the least. I perhaps think tho it would be useful for someone trying to accomplish a specific goal for a certain muscle group possibly. It would be interesting to see a routine set up for this.
      You are absolutely right Michelle. There must be integration through push, pull, squat, etc. The spreadsheet that I have allows for that, the one that you can download, must have it inserted/typed in. I started by using compound movements such as the basics: squat, deadlift, bench. I have trainer that is now using it for higher level athletes just to add constant variation. I have also seen similar techniques used for interval training (cardio based).

Have a look at the spreadsheet and plug in some exercises for it. Its all for fun right now and a great way to add variation.

Cheers,

Prion