• Join Us!
  • Wife wants a gun???
  • Wife wants a gun???
  • Wife wants a gun???
  • Wife wants a gun???
  • Wife wants a gun???
  • Wife wants a gun???
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wife wants a gun???

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default Wife wants a gun???

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Wife wants a gun???
      • Wife wants a gun???

• Wife wants a gun???
      • Wife wants a gun???
      • Wife wants a gun???
      • Wife wants a gun???
      • Wife wants a gun???
      • Wife wants a gun???
      Okay, I have a Glock model 27 .40. My wife has gotten interested in shooting and I want to get her a gun of her own. I was thinking about a 9mm since they aren't as brutal as the .40. What suggestions do you guys have? It has been a long time since I have really been into guns but they are peaking my interest again and I would like to start a collection.
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

angryoldman is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Wife wants a gun???

A .380, .22, or a .38 are very nice guns for ladies. Believe it or not, my Mom has a .380. It's a very easy gun on the wrists. However, make sure she isn't buying it for the purpose of collecting on your life insurance policy!!
      “I don't look ahead... I keep focused on my next opponent. I am looking forward to my next opponent, I don't think past that point.”
      --Manny Pacquiao

Big Mike's speach to Congress telling them to phuque off on the steroid ban:

https://www.moviewavs.com/0049230534/...y/statemnt.mp3

Fitnessgeared's resident Smart ass

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

.22 for a women is enough
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

if she plans on getting a concealed carry permit- then she will need a .380 or bigger to qualify(if you qualify with an automatic- you can carry anything, but if you do it with a revolver, you can only carry a revolver). Pound for pound the Bersa .380 is an awesome gun at an awesome price and I have found them used with extras for $300.00, but when times are tight- 9mm seems to be easier to find. You can also loom at the KelTec 9mm. I keep a throw down snub nose .38 revolver under the bed for the wife, but I have two .45's on site at all time for me

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouth View Post
      if she plans on getting a concealed carry permit- then she will need a .380 or bigger to qualify(if you qualify with an automatic- you can carry anything, but if you do it with a revolver, you can only carry a revolver). Pound for pound the Bersa .380 is an awesome gun at an awesome price and I have found them used with extras for $300.00, but when times are tight- 9mm seems to be easier to find. You can also loom at the KelTec 9mm. I keep a throw down snub nose .38 revolver under the bed for the wife, but I have two .45's on site at all time for me

I didn't realize that was the case with the revolver. I have my hand gun carry permit and I think she wants hers as well. I would rather get her an auto, but I will let her tryout a few different ones to see which she likes the best.

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

skinnyman is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

my wife didn't want one but i bought her a little semi .22 anyway. when obama took office he was contemplating, and probably still is, taking your right to bear arms. so i went out got my license and a few guns.

pigmeat is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

my wife would shoot me if i gave her access to my guns
      SUPERMOD@ LORDSOFIRON.COM (invite only)

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

well I will put this out there as a suggestion- take it or not. With the current administation in office, we all know they want to take away your 2nd Admenment Rights. If it were me(and I do this now), I would buy my gun lightly used from an individual face to face with cash in hand while you still can. This way there is no traceable link to you and this firearm. Its perfectly legal and if you buy from respectable people ,you will rest assured they have not committed any crimes or its not stolen.

Strella is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 206
      Overall activity: 0.3%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

So if you get your concealed weapons permit do you not have to register the weapon/weapons you will be carrying? I always just got hand me down guns so I dont really know the deal I guess. So where are yall searching for your used weapons then?

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Most concealed trainers have firearms you can use, There is no firearm registration required in Texas and I was informed by my trainer that 4-5 yrs ago they drop the min. caliber for qualifying with is now .32 cal

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouth View Post
      well I will put this out there as a suggestion- take it or not. With the current administation in office, we all know they want to take away your 2nd Admenment Rights. If it were me(and I do this now), I would buy my gun lightly used from an individual face to face with cash in hand while you still can. This way there is no traceable link to you and this firearm. Its perfectly legal and if you buy from respectable people ,you will rest assured they have not committed any crimes or its not stolen.

I agree....and this is really what has sparked my interest in starting a collection. I have quite a few friends that sell guns all of the time.

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

all I can say is buy buy buy. Anyone that knows me, knows I have roughly 20-30 firearms at present and still adding to my collection. My goal is to have min 2500 rounds for each of them on hand.

*Just for HP- I'm picking up a Springfield 1911 A1(.45) Parkerized on Sat. -LOL (trading my Springfield XD.45 for it- I came out ahead on this one)

EVERLAST
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

In the hands of an expert there is no real limitation to the caliber of weapon to be carried.
      I like, borderline love my Keltec model 32. I carry it more than anything else. 8rnds of hydro shok.
      A Beretta .22 tip up barrel model 21-A is an excellent addition to any fishermans tackle box. Perfect remedy for attempted snake bite.

I use the truck gun and carry gun system with a Glock in .357 Sig and whatever choice I made that morning. I have everything from a desert eagle in .44 mag down the Taurus Mellenium in 9mm and on to the little Beretta .22.

For your wife as a purse gun or as a concealed weapon I would consider the Beretta Tomcat automatic or if you prefer a "tuned up" Smith and Wesson revolver in 2" ported barrel.
      get it in .357 mag and shoot 38s' through it.
      Then get a gusmith to give you a crisp target weight trigger job.
      then you might want to get a carry in with it once in a while.
      Dont get some cutesy girly gun with a pink plastic handle...that titanium is going to jump more in her hand then a regular weight model.

I always leave my wife with one of my back ups at least. if she needs it and doesnt have it...then how will you feel?

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I'd opt for a 9mm. They are a great gun and hardly any recoil, thus good for a woman, plus ammo is fairly easy to find. I like my most recent purchase which is a 9mm Springfield XDM. The XD won gun of the year and the XDM is the newest version but pretty much the same as the XD. It holds 19 in the clip and 1 in the chamber. Very nice gun!
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Wife wants a gun???
      • Wife wants a gun???

• Wife wants a gun???
      • Wife wants a gun???
      • Wife wants a gun???
      • Wife wants a gun???
      • Wife wants a gun???
      • Wife wants a gun???
      Very good advice so far. Of course. We have a few very gun savvy members.

IMO, I feel that,unless the individual knows her way around a semi-auto very well, a revolver is the safest choice. A nice little .22mag, or .38special...without the hammer pull, so it can't kock itself in her purse. I'm not that big on tuning up the trigger for that same reason.(safety). Which a revolver has none so you can feel good about a good 5-7lb dbl-action pull. It has to have a good squeeze to go bang. Revolvers are just the easiest, and most user friendly choice for the not so forearm savvy shooter. "Point that way and pull here..." but, with a good, very strict teacher(yourself),and regular practice, she could work a aemi-auto .32 or .380 out like a champ. I would keep her on the smaller calibers and see how well she does with something like that for a while. It takes some females a good while to get comfy enough with the large calibers. I've been trying to get a friend of mine's mom used to a 9mm, and it's taking some time. This is a woman that grew up kindof a country girl with 3 brothers that all hunted, but she's just skiddish of that 9mm. We've tried 3 different 9s so far. She's okay so long as she gets to practice about every weekend, but take a few weeks and she's 2 steps back. It's a whole nother story with a .380 though. And a .380 will get the job done. A .22 will get it done. .22magnum...even better. The only auto .22 I've ever shot that doesn't jam,though, is the Ruger MarkIII. It seems allot of .22 autos just don't have enough recoil to make the action cycle everytime, I think.

But, that's my 2pennies. Get her a gun, and teach her well. Have her second nature with it.
      I'm about to grab me a solid black Keltec .32 next wk for the purpose of getting my wife fully capable. Good excuse anyway
      1 up

Go Gators