• Join Us!
  • Interesting fight
  • Interesting fight
  • Interesting fight
  • Interesting fight
  • Interesting fight
  • Interesting fight
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Interesting fight

Schiznick is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 49
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Interesting fight

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Interesting fight
      • Interesting fight

• Interesting fight
      • Interesting fight
      • Interesting fight
      • Interesting fight
      • Interesting fight
      • Interesting fight
      I cant wait for the UFC to sign this guy... I really think he is THE one that can dethrone BJ

Bellator champ Eddie Alvarez meets Josh Neer in May "Super Fight" at 160 pounds
      by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Feb 16, 2010 at 5:55 pm ET
      Bellator Fighting Championships lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez (19-2 MMA, 3-0 BFC) returns to action for the first time since an October win under the DREAM banner when he meets 10-time UFC veteran Josh Neer (27-9-1 MMA, 0-0 BFC) in May.

Bellator officials announced the new matchup today, though specifics on the date of the bout have to be released.

The contest is the first "Super Fight" announced by the organization. Bellator plans on utilizing its first-season champions in "non-tournament, non-title catchweight" fights as they wait for new contenders to emerge from the season two tournaments.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned from sources close to the promotion that the bout will take place at 160 pounds.

"In addition to being one of the top lightweights on earth, Eddie's a blast to watch fight," Bellator founder and CEO Bjorn Rebney stated in today's release. "Alvarez vs. Neer should produce fireworks from the start. Our hyper-competitive tournaments, May Super Fights and September title-defense fights will all create some awesome nationally televised events."

Alvarez is currently riding a four-fight win streak – a run that includes the champion's three submission wins in Bellator's 2009 debut tournament. The 25-year-old looks to keep the momentum going as he bounces back from minor arthroscopic knee surgery he underwent in January.

"I've seen Josh Neer fight, and he's a banger,” Alvarez stated. "I love this fight because he never puts on a dull fight and those are the kinds of matches that suit me the best.

"I expect my knee to be 100 percent soon and I'm expecting that this is going to be my best performance ever."

Meanwhile Neer comes to Bellator with a two-fight win streak. "The Dentist" has earned two victories in 2010 after a pair of 2009 losses in the UFC left him cut from the world's largest fight promotion.

"This is definitely a tough fight because Alvarez is a really explosive fighter and one of the top two or three lightweights in the world," Neer said. "I think that if I beat him, it would be a huge win for me and would really help me increase my notoriety. It’s a great opportunity."

Bellator has pieced together a first-of-its-kind broadcast alliance that calls for live weekly events on FSN and weekend highlights shows on NBC and Telemundo. The first season aired on ESPN Deportes and garnered solid ratings on the Spanish-language station.
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"...................Benjamin Franklin

schiznick13@yahoo.com

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Interesting fight

Thats only because you dont like BJ PENN.Its funny when people think someone can beat someone when there at there best. Bj Penn is at his prime is at his best and will be for the next few years.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

tn94z is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Eddie has said himself that he has a ways to go in beating BJ...I'll try and find the article. He has a tough 155 class to get through before reaching BJ though, but I agree in the fact that I am excited to see him in the UFC. I am excited to see the Florian/Gomi fight to see if Gomi can be as good as he once was!
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Interesting fight
      • Interesting fight

• Interesting fight
      • Interesting fight
      • Interesting fight
      • Interesting fight
      • Interesting fight
      • Interesting fight
      People sometimes will never give credit where credit is due
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/