• Join Us!
  • Is Toyota's tarnished image.....
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is Toyota's tarnished image.....

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      Overall activity: 0%
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default Is Toyota's tarnished image.....

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Is Toyota's tarnished image a result of the federal government practicing protectionism in the auto market due to its ownership of GM and Chrysler?

One must consider the possibility, for it is at least very convenient for GM and Chrysler. Additionally, the government run auto companies have run massive ad campaigns and are offering some very attractive incentives and warranties. For instance, the Dodge Challenger comes with a lifetime drivetrain warranty and then there was the 60 day return policy if you didn't like the vehicle you purchased. Both incentives are unheard of in the auto sales industry.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: Is Toyota's tarnished image.....

I'm sure they are capitolizing on the moment and I know Toyota is having an issue, but all things considered- I do believe Toyota is going above and beyond to fix it. I speak from experience when I say this (and NO Dave this isn't for you-LOL) - I have owned 3 Ford diesels and all 3 have had to go back to the shop for a blown High Pressure oil seal failure. Everytime Ford service reps have said they know its a problem, but they won't do a recall and they always fixed it for free- no questions asked. Now I personally can account from myself and people I know of at least 50 of these seals blowing and yet never a recall. Toyota (just the Prius mind you) had 100 complaints and they are doing a recall on thousands upon thousands of cars. That to me says alot- not saying there isn't a problem, but rather they will do what it takes to fix it. This isn't the only company to have a recall, just the biggest and they may be overkill on their part

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouth View Post
      I'm sure they are capitolizing on the moment and I know Toyota is having an issue, but all things considered- I do believe Toyota is going above and beyond to fix it. I speak from experience when I say this (and NO Dave this isn't for you-LOL) - I have owned 3 Ford diesels and all 3 have had to go back to the shop for a blown High Pressure oil seal failure. Everytime Ford service reps have said they know its a problem, but they won't do a recall and they always fixed it for free- no questions asked. Now I personally can account from myself and people I know of at least 50 of these seals blowing and yet never a recall. Toyota (just the Prius mind you) had 100 complaints and they are doing a recall on thousands upon thousands of cars. That to me says alot- not saying there isn't a problem, but rather they will do what it takes to fix it. This isn't the only company to have a recall, just the biggest and they may be overkill on their part
      I can't believe how many people have problems with Powerstrokes, I have one with 124k on it and never had any problems other than a fuel injector at 30k fixed under warranty work. Do you run the heck out of it or something? Do you have the computer programmed?
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

my first 2 -no, but the last I had 4" Magna Flow exhaust and an Edge Evolution programmer. Don't know why that always seemed to be an issue down here. Still all in all- best dang truck out there, just had an issue they failed to want to publicly deal with

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouth View Post
      my first 2 -no, but the last I had 4" Magna Flow exhaust and an Edge Evolution programmer. Don't know why that always seemed to be an issue down here. Still all in all- best dang truck out there, just had an issue they failed to want to publicly deal with

What year were your Ford diesels? Were they 6.0 liters?

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

ditto deep

it's like going to your favorite restaurant, if you get one bad meal, and they go out of there way to make up for it, you feel good

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      What year were your Ford diesels? Were they 6.0 liters?
      all mine were the best diesel they ever had-- 7.3 Powerstrokes (00/02/03)