• Join Us!
  • Ford F250 4x4 6.4 liter diesel fuel mpg?
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford F250 4x4 6.4 liter diesel fuel mpg?

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      Overall activity: 0%
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default Ford F250 4x4 6.4 liter diesel fuel mpg?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Does anyone on here have a 2008 or newer F250 4x4 with the 6.4 liter Powerstroke? I have a 2003 F250 4x4 Crew Cab Super Duty Powerstroke 6.0 liter and get about 12-13 mpg in town and 14-15 on the interstate which suffices for me. I am thinking of buying a 2008 or 2009 model but hear the mileage isn't good at all. Any info would be great. Thanks.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

jamescb77 is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,098
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Ford F250 4x4 6.4 liter diesel fuel mpg?

i have been looking into them and they get about the same a what you are getting but with an exhaust, tuner and dpf delete you can be getting up to about 20 or so and have 500hp. If i could find a deccent one that an auto that they don't want a mint for i would scoop it up

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by jamescb77 View Post
      i have been looking into them and they get about the same a what you are getting but with an exhaust, tuner and dpf delete you can be getting up to about 20 or so and have 500hp. If i could find a deccent one that an auto that they don't want a mint for i would scoop it up
      Thanks. Yeah they are expensive as heck. I told myself 30k is what I would like to spend, even if it means waiting several more months to find one. I found one that for $29,800 that is loaded and looks like new, but it has 73,000 miles on it. I think I will wait to find something with less mileage though, and it may mean waiting another year for the prices to come down some. Otherwise, I may just buy an 07 with low miles. I personally like the 6.0 liter even though there are a lot of complaints about the turbos. So far so good for me and I have 124,000 on it. The only thing that ever went bad was a fuel injector.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

yea im working on trying to buy an f250 right now. hard finding one that is decent in price and has been maintained and looks nice. really looking for a crew cab but i found a really nice supercab that im giving some serious thought. 05 with 26k on it.

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

yea im working on trying to buy an f250 right now. hard finding one that is decent in price and has been maintained and looks nice. really looking for a crew cab but i found a really nice supercab that im giving some serious thought. 05 with 26k on it.
      I love my crew cab but it can be a pain to park. Otherwise, the room in it is nice, however I hardly ever have anyone sitting in the back. I am acutally in favor of a super cab this time if I find the right one, but most of them that I find are crew cab. If you don't need the room I would jump on that deal. Is it a short bed or long? Mine is the 6.5 foot short bed, which works well. I couldn't imagine it being any longer due to parking it.

I'll be selling mine or trading it in. I think I will only ask 16k for it since it has 124k on it. It is a nice truck though, 100th anniversart lariat edition FX4 black pain and black bumpers, with leather captains chairs front and back.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

yea i don't know that i will have many people in the back except on rare occasion which is why i think the supercab might be fine. It's a short bed and it's really sharp looking. what color is the interior in yours, does it have a lift or any mods done to it? let me know

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

If you could find a real clean 03' with the 7.3 you would be better off than anything, but the 07' 6.0 has most if not all the bugs worked out- the real issues were in the 03-05' models. I would still have to give the 6.4 some true road time before I could make a hard decision on it. As hard as it is for mouth mouth to utter these words- the Durmax IMHO is the best deisel on the street right now

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by deepsouth View Post
      If you could find a real clean 03' with the 7.3 you would be better off than anything, but the 07' 6.0 has most if not all the bugs worked out- the real issues were in the 03-05' models. I would still have to give the 6.4 some true road time before I could make a hard decision on it. As hard as it is for mouth mouth to utter these words- the Durmax IMHO is the best deisel on the street right now
      It is unfortunate that the 6.0s have a bad reputation but I have not had any problems with mine, and the origianl owner only had to replace a fuel injector. However, the 7.3 was a better engine and supposedly the 6.4 liter is too, but now Ford is coming out with a 6.7 liter. The reason they had to make a new engine originally was due to the Federal government enforcing strict emissions standards, thus once again government intervention is screwing up everything.

The Duramax is a good engine and so is the Cummins, but I don't like their trucks at all. The Ford is in my opinion the best looking of the three, so I will stick to Fords and perhaps try out the 6.4 liter or just buy another 6.0 liter and hope it is as reliable as the one I have now.

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

yea i don't know that i will have many people in the back except on rare occasion which is why i think the supercab might be fine. It's a short bed and it's really sharp looking. what color is the interior in yours, does it have a lift or any mods done to it? let me know
      It has tan leather captains chairs front and back, which is rare. The head rests on the front seats have 100th anniversart imprints on them. It has dual power seats, pwr windows and locks, cruise, tilt, tow/haul, pwr sun roof, automatic transmission, and pwr adjustable pedals. It is a really good looking truck and I could post some pics when I get home next week (traveling on business now). However, I do have a small dent on the lower drivers side, not much to notice but it is there, I tried to pull it out as best I could. Also, it has some light scratches from brush that aren't all thru the clear coat so I could probably buff most of them out. The truck looks great though and I get a lot of compliments on it. The interior is perfect except for a tear on the arm rest of the passenger seat where the fabric seam is, but its not very noticeable since I keep the arm rest up most of the time. The tires are BF Goodwretch all terrain and look great on it, stock wheels and no lift but sits high already. The paint shines like new, and the black on black bumpers really looks nice, also the FX4 stickers stand out good. I have contemplated keeping it and customizing it a bit but really like the new design.

skinnyman is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i have an 05 F150 crew cab as a second vehicle and love it. Take it tailgating, camping, fishing, to the shore. can load the family of 4, pack the bed and add a bike rack off the hitch and still ride very comfy.

Looking to trade up and kelly Blue book says $14-16k. freakin dealers are offering me $12k

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

hell you got 250k miles to go on the motor, i'd drive it till it crumbles, lol

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by trip View Post
      hell you got 250k miles to go on the motor, i'd drive it till it crumbles, lol
      That's probably true Trip but I bought that truck for a business I had started and didn't take the time to find exactly what I wanted. I am looking to get one that is in like new condition and extra low miles to drive for several years and still be able to resale it for a decent price, whereas if I had 250,000 miles on it I would not be able to get much out of it. Also, I am starting to lean toward a Dodge or GMC (pre government owned years) due to the better engines imo.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

oh sir please do not do that. The ford motors are very good motors you just need to look for a good one. They have much better transmissions and suspensions on them as well. The dodge you will be replacing a tranny it's not a matter of it's a matter of when and the GM are glorified half tons. I mean independent front suspension doesn't not belong on heavy duty trucks. Out of either of those 2 i would look for a 24v 5.9 dodge. It was the best motor that they made but like i said be ready to have an after market tranny put in it. I really like the dodges but im not willing to play the tranny problem games.

pigmeat is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

havent had tranny problems with either of my cummins i owned....the one i have now,2007, has almost every performace upgrade available....programmer, bigger turbos, exhaust, intake...no trouble yet
      SUPERMOD@ LORDSOFIRON.COM (invite only)

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

how many miles you have on that truck pig