lthough Jon Jones' disqualification eventually led him to a win, Matt Hamill doesn't consider it a victory – and he doesn't think Jones should consider it a loss either.

At The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale on Dec. 5, Jones controlled Hamill, dislocated his shoulder on a takedown, battered him with ground and pound, but suffered the first-round DQ loss when instant replay showed Jones had connected on illegal downward elbow strikes.

Hamill thinks Jones should be commended for the effort.

"Aside from making a mistake, he did his job and he did it well," Hamill wrote on his official Web site, matthamill.com. "He definitely didn't lose this fight, and I definitely didn't win, but I guess the rules are there for a reason. It is what it is. I went into this fight feeling like my record was actually 9-1, so with this so-called win, I will now consider my record 9-2."

As MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) first reported on fight night, the Nevada State Athletic Commission and referee Steve Mazzagatti used instant replay for the first time and determined the illegal elbow strikes – which came after a prolonged ground-and-pound assault – contributed to Hamill's inability to continue. By rule, the fight was ruled a disqualification because the blows weren't considered inadvertent.

The post-fight scene left a Spike TV audience watching Hamill brace his elbow as blood pooled in his eyes. The fan favorite then carefully exited the cage in what appeared a daze.

Hamill, though, said it wasn't bad as it looked.

"I know it looked bad Saturday night, but it looked a lot worse than it was," he wrote. "Aside from a few stitches in my nose and a sore shoulder I feel fine.

"I'm just waiting on MRI results so we can rule out any further damage, and I plan to be back in the gym right after the holidays."
Hamill is a really classy guy!