• Join Us!
  • 2 different quotes from 2 different presidents
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 2 different quotes from 2 different presidents

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      Overall activity: 0%
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default 2 different quotes from 2 different presidents

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

It is very interesting to see the different interpretation of the government's role in the following quotes from two different presidents.

If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists - to protect them and to promote their common welfare - all else is lost. - Obama

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Jefferson

Quotes were retrieved at www.slayerment.com
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

Doink the clown is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 321
      Overall activity: 16.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: 2 different quotes from 2 different presidents

good one!

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

The further time gets between the original state of America, American ideals, and what was American government. The further people in office get from America's original state.
      It sucks. We'll keep drifting further and further toward...whatever government it is we're becoming. The original plan. Our original state. The Republic that was America was the greatest government in the world without a doubt. Watch what we become. I'm afraid the current administration is transforming our government allot more than people even think could be possible.
      While in Japan, Obama mentioned something like, "I'm not worried about the 2012 election" (loosely quoted). Why would he not be concerned about running again? He's arrived. He's where he feels he belongs. He doesn't want to leave that post.
      1 up

Go Gators

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      The further time gets between the original state of America, American ideals, and what was American government. The further people in office get from America's original state.
      It sucks. We'll keep drifting further and further toward...whatever government it is we're becoming. The original plan. Our original state. The Republic that was America was the greatest government in the world without a doubt. Watch what we become. I'm afraid the current administration is transforming our government allot more than people even think could be possible.
      While in Japan, Obama mentioned something like, "I'm not worried about the 2012 election" (loosely quoted). Why would he not be concerned about running again? He's arrived. He's where he feels he belongs. He doesn't want to leave that post.

It is nice to hear people that actually realize what government is and the path it takes. Governments do not stop growing. The only remedy to this is either anarchy, which itself is dangerous due to lack of security for individual rights, or in our case a Republic with a constitution which limits the government's powers. However, in my opinion they made one critical error in forming our constitution, and that is the fact that it can be amended. Amendments are not necessary as they only lead to bigger government. The constitution already laid out the necessary laws to protect us from our government and to ensure the people have the power. Think about what it required to amend our constitution. It takes a 2/3 vote from both houses to propose an amendment and 3/4 to ratify it. Now that we have Republicans and Democrats that are hardly distinguishable, and a majority democrat house and Senate, how is it possible to prevent the constitution from being amended.

People need to realize that Republicans and Democrats are of the collectivist mindset as opposed to individualism. This is the real battle, individualism vs collectivism. For those who do not understand the two I suggest you read up on them. www.truthandliberty.com and www.freedomforce.org do a great job of explaining this. I am a libertarian, and thus a strong supporter of individualism. The Ann Rand philosophy is the one I best relate to. If anyone is interested in leaning a more in depth understanding of the two I strongly suggest reading the works of Ann Rand, such as Atlas Shrugged and Anthem, also We The Living which I have not yet read but have purchased recently and will read soon.

A democracy leads inevitably to totalitarianism. Plain and simple. End of story.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

This is a good thread.

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Two more quotes

We have real enemies in the world. These enemies must be found. They must be pursued and they must be defeated. - Obama

Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government. - Jefferson

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

I have got to take time out to read up on Ayn Rand.
      What I've gathered from people that have read her work, and mentioned her views, Objectivism has to be a solid philosophy. "objective"-fact which remains, regardless of variables. something like that. Pure logic.
      1 up

Go Gators

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Yes, I am interested in reading ayn rand. Not sure if I will ever take the time to, I have fountainhead and have read certain parts of it

gator_mclusky is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 242
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

4 and out hopefully!!!!!

gator
      Commitment to Excellence

God, Family, Career and building a fortress that I call my body!!!!!!

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I have got to take time out to read up on Ayn Rand.
      What I've gathered from people that have read her work, and mentioned her views, Objectivism has to be a solid philosophy. "objective"-fact which remains, regardless of variables. something like that. Pure logic.
      Good plan, read any of her books but I strongly recommend Atlas Shrugged, Anthem, and We The Living. I have read Anthem and currently am reading Atlas Shrugged, which is just AMAZING and the best book ever written in my mind. It has been a best seller for 4 decades now. She is a must read for anyone interested in philosophy of individual rights and of course Objectivism which she developed.

By the way, I was tired when I first mentioned Ayn Rand and notice I mispelled her name Ayn as Ann...sorry about that.

If you read her work it will be life changing in your views and understanding of individual rights. She has reinforced my Libertarian beliefs to the greatest degree.

John Allison, former CEO of BB&T Banking and current Chairman of the Board, gives all new senior executives a copy of Atlas Shrugged and it is mandatory reading. He called Atlas Shrugged "the best defense to Capitalism ever written." Also, he has given 25 colleges and universities several million dollars to start programs devoted to the study of Rand's books and economic philosophy. He was also voted as one of the best CEOs in 2008 by Morning Star.

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

I agree strongly with Mr. Allison you speak of. Even though I have not read anything of Ayn Rand, I have read some biographical type stuff on her and her work. Her way of living...way of thought, business, etc...would be our saving grace.
      I know it's a philosophy, but when you refer to a philosophy, the average joe takes it for only that. A thought.
      Everyone should have studied Ayn Rand in high-school.
      1 up

Go Gators

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I agree strongly with Mr. Allison you speak of. Even though I have not read anything of Ayn Rand, I have read some biographical type stuff on her and her work. Her way of living...way of thought, business, etc...would be our saving grace.
      I know it's a philosophy, but when you refer to a philosophy, the average joe takes it for only that. A thought.
      Everyone should have studied Ayn Rand in high-school.
      She should be mandatory study in high school and college but unfortunately isn't. They would rather you learn about Marx or Mao instead I imagine. If you ever read Ayn Rand you will understand why the government school systems do not teach her philosophy. She is against government intervention and collectivism. Well, as I have been saying on here for a long time, the government is collective, both democrats and republicans. Ayn Rand stands for Individualism, which the government despises. Horespwr you should read her books sometime. I only wish I discovered her earlier. Also, realize one of the most important reasons she has such a good understanding of Collectivism; Rand grew up in Soviet Russia as a child and her father's business was taken from him by the Communist government. She lived under Communist rule and thus understands how terrible it is. But leftists hate her because of her anti-communist pro-capitalist politics. And then some conservatives do not like her because of her atheism and civil libertarianism.

I believe she was a genius philosopher, and once you read her books you will see that clearly.

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      It is nice to hear people that actually realize what government is and the path it takes. Governments do not stop growing. The only remedy to this is either anarchy, which itself is dangerous due to lack of security for individual rights, or in our case a Republic with a constitution which limits the government's powers. However, in my opinion they made one critical error in forming our constitution, and that is the fact that it can be amended. Amendments are not necessary as they only lead to bigger government. The constitution already laid out the necessary laws to protect us from our government and to ensure the people have the power. Think about what it required to amend our constitution. It takes a 2/3 vote from both houses to propose an amendment and 3/4 to ratify it. Now that we have Republicans and Democrats that are hardly distinguishable, and a majority democrat house and Senate, how is it possible to prevent the constitution from being amended.

People need to realize that Republicans and Democrats are of the collectivist mindset as opposed to individualism. This is the real battle, individualism vs collectivism. For those who do not understand the two I suggest you read up on them. www.truthandliberty.com and www.freedomforce.org do a great job of explaining this. I am a libertarian, and thus a strong supporter of individualism. The Ann Rand philosophy is the one I best relate to. If anyone is interested in leaning a more in depth understanding of the two I strongly suggest reading the works of Ann Rand, such as Atlas Shrugged and Anthem, also We The Living which I have not yet read but have purchased recently and will read soon.

A democracy leads inevitably to totalitarianism. Plain and simple. End of story.

Damn Fine Post here my friend

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      She should be mandatory study in high school and college but unfortunately isn't. They would rather you learn about Marx or Mao instead I imagine. If you ever read Ayn Rand you will understand why the government school systems do not teach her philosophy. She is against government intervention and collectivism. Well, as I have been saying on here for a long time, the government is collective, both democrats and republicans. Ayn Rand stands for Individualism, which the government despises. Horespwr you should read her books sometime. I only wish I discovered her earlier. Also, realize one of the most important reasons she has such a good understanding of Collectivism; Rand grew up in Soviet Russia as a child and her father's business was taken from him by the Communist government. She lived under Communist rule and thus understands how terrible it is. But leftists hate her because of her anti-communist pro-capitalist politics. And then some conservatives do not like her because of her atheism and civil libertarianism.

I believe she was a genius philosopher, and once you read her books you will see that clearly.
      I'M A PHILOSOPHIZER!!! i should hook up with her and we can both philophal about shyt!!! it'd be great!!

seriously....i'll be lookingher up at the local borders this weekend...thanks
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      I'M A PHILOSOPHIZER!!! i should hook up with her and we can both philophal about shyt!!! it'd be great!!

seriously....i'll be lookingher up at the local borders this weekend...thanks

Cool, you will enjoy her books. Prepare for a long read with Atlas Shrugged, it is almost 1200 pages.