• Join Us!
  • Nicorette
  • Nicorette
  • Nicorette
  • Nicorette
  • Nicorette
  • Nicorette
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Nicorette

HeHateMe is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 452
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Nicorette

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Nicorette
      • Nicorette

• Nicorette
      • Nicorette
      • Nicorette
      • Nicorette
      • Nicorette
      • Nicorette
      anyone ever chew a piece or two of nicorette gum prior to your workout for an extra boost?...i usually use ephedrine/and or caffeine...was just thinking that it might be better to switch it up and give the nicotine gum a try...any thoughts?

BullFX
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Hey why the ? ...smokers are always itchy, jittery...nicotine has some stimulatory effects...just thought it might be worth a try

jjgarcia3
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

no , but i do know a couple people who use the gum and dip while cutting cuz the nicotine supposedly raises metabolism up to 20%

BullFX
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by HeHateMe
      Hey why the ? ...smokers are always itchy, jittery...nicotine has some stimulatory effects...just thought it might be worth a try

man i stoped smokin over 2 yrs ago.. and i just dontw ana have any thing to do w/ any thing related to cigarates...

ill just stick to caffien pillz and eca stack for now

LOCO is offline VET
      Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 102
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i usually take one or 2 (ephedrine/caffeine) pills before i go work out... i use Charge (by Labrada)
      that gets me all hyper and jittery... just what i need...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by BullFX
      man i stoped smokin over 2 yrs ago.. and i just dontw ana have any thing to do w/ any thing related to cigarates...

ill just stick to caffien pillz and eca stack for now
      LoL gotcha... i just thought it might be worth trying...but doesn't look like anyone's tried it

bigdude
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

That stuff tastes nasty.
      Plus, it is very expensive.

Not worth it.

prolangtum is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 239
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

hmmm....

The uncoupling proteins (UCP) are a family of proteins expressed in a wide array of tissues in humans and other animals. They are responsible for thermogenesis by acting to uncouple the process of mitochondrial substrate oxidation from ATP production. In other words, food (or existing fat) is metabolized to produce heat instead of ATP. DNP and T3 both work as weight loss agents by upregulating uncoupling proteins.

Normally UCP1 is expressed in brown adipose tissue (BAT). It's been hard to quantify just how much BAT humans have. What is interesting is that in mice, nicotine induces the expression of UCP1 in white adipose tissue, where it is not normally found. If this is the case in humans, it would go a long way in explaining the anorectic quality of nicotine.

Has anyone tried nicorette for weight loss? I know people use it for that because nicotine curbs the appetite, but this study suggests a much more interesting action.

Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 1999 Jun;23(6):570-5

Nicotine induces uncoupling protein 1 in white adipose tissue of obese mice.

Yoshida T, Sakane N, Umekawa T, Kogure A, Kondo M, Kumamoto K, Kawada T, Nagase I, Saito M.

First Department of Internal Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan.

OBJECTIVE: To test the hypothesis that nicotine not only activates uncoupling protein1 (UCP1) in brown adipose tissue (BAT), but also induces UCP1 in white adipose tissue (WAT), which contributes to the mitigation of obesity in obese mice. DESIGN: Weights of the whole body, the gastrocnemius muscle, interscapular BAT and subcutaneous and retroperitoneal WAT, food intake and the mRNA and protein of UCP1 in these tissues were measured and immunohistochemistry using antiserum against UCP1 was also performed in obese yellow KK mice treated with nicotine for 6 months and control mice treated with physiological saline. RESULTS: Obese mice treated with nicotine for 6 months, compared with those injected with saline, weighed significantly less (P < 0.01) and had smaller subcutaneous and retroperitoneal WAT pads (P < 0.01), while obese mice that received nicotine ate less (P < 0.05) than those injected with saline. In mice treated with nicotine, the mRNA and protein of UCP1 was detected not only in BAT, but also in subcutaneous and retroperitoneal WATs. Immunohistochemically, the BAT of obese mice contained large lipid droplets and appeared rather WAT-like, but changed to typical brown adipocytes after nicotine treatment. The fat pads of nicotine-treated mice contained many multilocular cells that were positive for UCP1. CONCLUSION: Nicotine not only activates UCP1 in BAT, but also induces UCP1 in WAT and decreases food intake, which contributes to the mitigation of obesity.
      I eat at least 6 times a day to build my body
      I pray at least 6 times a day to build my soul

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Alterations of lipolysis and lipoprotein lipase in chronically nicotine-treated rats. Sztalryd, Carole, Jock Hamilton, Barbara A. Horwitz, Patricia Johnson, and Fredric B. Kraemer. Division of Endocrinology, Gerontology, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 and Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA 94304; Department of Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior, and Department of Nutrition, University of California, Davis, Davis CA 95616-8519.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      APStracts 2:0190E, 1995.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      These studies examined the cellular mechanisms for lower adiposity seen with nicotine ingestion. Rats were infused with nicotine or saline for 1 wk and adipocytes isolated from epididymal fat pads. Nicotine-infused rats gained 37% less weight and had 21% smaller fat pads. Basal lipolysis was 78% higher, while the maximal lipolytic response to isoproterenol was blunted in adipocytes from nicotine -infused rats. The antilipolytic actions of adenosine and the levels of serum catecholamines were unaffected by nicotine. The nicotine -induced alteration in lipolysis was not associated with any changes in hormone-sensitive lipase. Nicotine caused a 30% decrease in lipoprotein lipase (LPL) activity, without any changes in LPL mass or mRNA levels, in epididymal fat in the fed state. In contrast, LPL activity, mass and mRNA levels in heart were increased by nicotine whether animals were fed or fasted. These studies provide evidence for multiple mechanistic events underlying nicotine-induced alterations in weight and suggest that nicotine diverts fat storage away from adipose tissue and towards utilization by muscle.

https://www.uth.tmc.edu/apstracts/19...ember/190e.html

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

oh yeah, i got plenty more guys

Nicotine administration reduces neuropeptide Y and neuropeptide Y mRNA concentrations in the rat hypothalamus: NPY may mediate nicotine's effects on energy balance.

Frankish HM, Dryden S, Wang Q, Bing C, MacFarlane IA, Williams G.

Department of Medicine, University of Liverpool, UK.

Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is synthesized in arcuate (ARC) neurons which project principally to the paraventricular nucleus (PVN). NPY injected into the PVN causes hyperphagia, reduced energy expenditure and eventually obesity, effects which are opposed by nicotine. We aimed to investigate whether nicotine's effects on energy balance might be mediated by inhibition of hypothalamic NPYergic neurons. Nicotine or saline was given for 1 or 12 days using osmotic minipumps, and additional groups of rats were food-restricted to the intake of the nicotine-treated groups to allow for the effects of hypophagia on hypothalamic NPY. One day's nicotine treatment (12 mg/kg/day) reduced food intake by 30% (P < 0.001) and body weight by 2% (P < 0.01 vs. controls). NPY mRNA levels were significantly reduced by 40% (P < 0.05) and NPY concentrations fell significantly by 33% in the ARC and PVN (both P < 0.01). Matched food restriction also reduced NPY levels significantly in the ARC and PVN (P < 0.02 vs. controls) but had no effect on NPY mRNA. 12 days' nicotine treatment (12 mg/kg/day) lowered cumulative food intake by 8% (P = 0.02) and body weight by 10% (P < 0.05). NPY mRNA levels rose by 40% (P < 0.05), while NPY levels again fell in the ARC and PVN (both P < 0.05). Food restriction, which induced weight loss comparable with that during nicotine treatment, increased NPY mRNA to levels that were 100% above controls (P < 0.01) and also significantly higher than in the nicotine-treated group (P < 0.05). Food restriction also reduced NPY peptide levels in the PVN (P < 0.02), but did not affect those in the ARC. In addition, 12 days' nicotine treatment significantly reduced plasma insulin levels compared with controls (P < 0.05). We suggest that nicotine may inhibit NPY synthesis in the hypothalamus, independently of any effects due to altered energy balance. Reduced activity of NPYergic neurons in the ARC-PVN projection may mediate the effects of nicotine on energy balance.

jack hust
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

nope i quite 2 years ago i do not want nicotien near me its bad stuff

Josh is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 156
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i used to dip before a wrkout and i honestly felt weaker if anything - but i dipped all the time?
      Only plants grow naturally

Var 60mg ED 1-16
      Test Enth 750mg EW 1-14
      EQ 600mg EW 1-14
      Nolva 20mg ED
      Femara 1.25mg ED
      Clen - ?????

Berzerker
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Nicotine causes blood vesels to constrict, and diminish bloodflow to the muscles.

Why would you want to do that?

I once toked before working out though, now that's a different thing...

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Nicorette
      • Nicorette

• Nicorette
      • Nicorette
      • Nicorette
      • Nicorette
      • Nicorette
      • Nicorette
      Originally posted by LOCO
      i usually take one or 2 (ephedrine/caffeine) pills before i go work out... i use Charge (by Labrada)
      that gets me all hyper and jittery... just what i need...

Yea, I take Xenadrine through out the day. I went from 8 pills to 5.