• Join Us!
  • brazilian/baile/funk/kuduro mix
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: brazilian/baile/funk/kuduro mix

Endeavor
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default brazilian/baile/funk/kuduro mix

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

A little brazilian house mix

Electro-Kuduro De Favela

Sal Paradise is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 195
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: brazilian/baile/funk/kuduro mix

not bad but a bit too much techno for me.
      I can appreciate the composition but the artistry on the muscian side is lacking.

All in all not bad if you like that kind of thing.

Sal

Endeavor
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I appreciate the critique, thanks!

So when you say the artistry is lacking, are you saying the actual recorded instruments/bands were not enough, or not full... or you were expecting more complicated record or sample play on tables?

I ask, cause I have posted this mixes in several places, and plan working out a few variations before I start using this segment in a live setting... The way I mix is similar to an ABC rapper on compound syllables... I fine tune multiple mini-mixes in groups, ahead of time, so I know when I drop one song I have a half dozen options that will can follow in a few different arrangements.. whereas most DJ's I know try to plan their whole set before hand (Give or Take) and I don't. part of the excitement is feeling out the crowd and venu and letting the music work itself around.. it allows me to change up quickly and shift mood if I notice the crowd is no reciprocating (if that made any sence)

anyhow, get back to me if you could.. I like to hear more, and I could work out some different ideas I have had floating round..

Thanks again.

Sal Paradise is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 195
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
      I appreciate the critique, thanks!

So when you say the artistry is lacking, are you saying the actual recorded instruments/bands were not enough, or not full... or you were expecting more complicated record or sample play on tables?

I ask, cause I have posted this mixes in several places, and plan working out a few variations before I start using this segment in a live setting... The way I mix is similar to an ABC rapper on compound syllables... I fine tune multiple mini-mixes in groups, ahead of time, so I know when I drop one song I have a half dozen options that will can follow in a few different arrangements.. whereas most DJ's I know try to plan their whole set before hand (Give or Take) and I don't. part of the excitement is feeling out the crowd and venu and letting the music work itself around.. it allows me to change up quickly and shift mood if I notice the crowd is no reciprocating (if that made any sence)

anyhow, get back to me if you could.. I like to hear more, and I could work out some different ideas I have had floating round..

Thanks again.
      Regarding the "artistry" that is simply refering to the instruments.
      Not artistic talent for the recording and musical ear, etc.
      That is a talent and art I don't have so I can totally respect and appreciate that!! Great job.
      I just listen for more instrumentation in general but the prodcution itself is an artform - I didn't intend to make it seem less so.

The idea of feeding off the crowd and having a variety of mixes on hand to o so is a phenomenal idea.
      When I played in the band I was with we would have multiple set lists so if the crowd was more into getting on their feet and moving we'd pick it up a bit.
      If it was more mellow crowd desiring listening music with their beer and ****tails we'd have a slower set.

You have to feed off the audience and give them what they are wanting 0 when you do - they will be into it more.
      You can't force the mood - simply feed off of it and let it grow and change with it if necessary.

Good work - I am trying to get into mixing my own stuff but have a bit of problem with the production of it all.
      That's a different type of sound that I have not tuned my ear to just yet.

Keep up the good work - I also checked out some fo the other clips on the page and sound and production work is great. I'm a bit jealous that I can't do that yet.
      But this is coming from a guy who has had a six-string in his hand for 20 years.

Sal

Endeavor
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Do you have any recorded music from your guitar work? I'd love to hear it. I also have a band which, currently, is on hold. Our singer, a female, her father is old and ill, and near passing and so we're on a break while she spends as much quality time with him as she can. I am actually taking advantage of this to get as much fine tuning into my mixing as I can.

As for the artistry, I see what your saying now. My next go round I will look for more brasilian music that have more instruments that turn out more prominent in the mix, and back a little bit with electronic sounds... maybe choosing 'minimal' dance tracks so that they only showcase the kick and **** rather than an array of synths, and sirens. The result will be a more 'warm' and natural sound (hopefully.)

As for mixing on your own, and production... it's just something you have to dive into. listen to as much as if it as you can and analyze. Even if the sets are not your style, and hear what other people are doing and ask yourself how you would go about achieving those sounds... once you figure out how they are made you can start modifying that to create something more desirable.. and thats advice, for any style or genre of music.. I first got the idea watching an interview with Eric Clapton from one of his Cross Road Festival DVD's... he talked about when he was in cream, before recording an album, they buy everything that was out, and the whole band would sit in a room and just listen to every album..all of em. hear everything... and THEN start to work. Sounded brilliant to me at the time, and I still do it. I download about a gig of music a day while at work, and just listen through while I work... whole discographies, anything.. lol I just finished listen to 10gigs of johnny cash two weeks ago, took me more than a week to do it. Found out I like JC after all.

Anyhow, if your looking for any kind recording edge, digital or analog, you should check out audio.tutsplus <-- a great resource of recording and mixing technical information that transcends musical boundaries. It's meant for any professional producer, novice or expert. Check it out.