• Join Us!
  • Good article!!!
  • Good article!!!
  • Good article!!!
  • Good article!!!
  • Good article!!!
  • Good article!!!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Good article!!!

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default Good article!!!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Good article!!!
      • Good article!!!

• Good article!!!
      • Good article!!!
      • Good article!!!
      • Good article!!!
      • Good article!!!
      • Good article!!!
      I couldn't have said this better myself!

I've started this post at least three times and I've had to start over because I've found myself getting SO ANGRY. So let's see if I can get through it this time. Oh and given this is my site it's my soap box to rant about anything I want, right?!

After UFC101 I watched the post fight press conference and wanted to see what others were saying on Twitter about the event. Just to remind you of what happened, Anderson beat Forrest by Knock Out 3 minutes 23 seconds into the first round. Then immediately following the stoppage, Forrest essentially got up and ran out of the cage and into what I'd guess was his locker room. He didn't stay around for the final decision by the judges.

Anyway, I was absolutely dumbfounded at what I read. Many people were saying he was hurt, potentially with a dislocated jaw. Some people even claimed he lost his hearing in one ear. Those people were 'fans' that read something on an Underground Forum. That's what happens with underground forums they're total random rumors people make up. Unconfirmed. Unfounded. They're just bored people who have nothing better to do than make shit up. Remember the Kimo story from a couple weeks ago? Insane.

But that's not even what I'm upset about. Because you see those people gave justification to why Forrest ran out of the cage. He was hurt he needed medical attention. Which as it turns out is NOT ACCURATE.

What really upsets me are those fair weathered fans that criticized and dogged Forrest for what he did. People berated him for his "lack of respect". Some people had the audacity to compare his behavior to what Brock Lesnar did (and has done multiple times). Really people? Because what Brock did was disrespectful to PAYING FANS by flipping us off. Never mind what he did to the biggest sponsor in the sport. And then some. Then some other redneck (see I'm getting angry again) compared what Forrest did to the LeBron James and Dwight Howard saga. Okay that's not comparing apples to apples or even fruit to fruit. One is a team sport, the other is not. Just for starters.

What's so disheartening is a large majority of the world has no idea what Fighters do to get ready for fights. It's emotional. Very emotional. And if it's not then they're not really ready for the fight. People should have been saying "Wow Forrest Griffin has heart and was so upset with the loss he ran out of the cage. Poor guy." He lost to Anderson Silva. The best pound for pound fighter. The best. Losing to Anderson shouldn't move him in the rankings at all in my opinion. Forrest had nothing to lose but only something to gain. He didn't beat Anderson, so what? Neither have 25 or so other people that have been brave enough to step into the cage with him. And for those people that say it was rigged, please I beg you, go back to WWE. This sport doesn't want you. And for those other people that said this is Dana Whites fault for forcing Forrest to take this fight, you're a complete idiot. Do you really think Dana would do anything to devalue a great fighter like Forrest and match him up with Anderson if he didn't think he was capable? I would look at it as a compliment that Joe Silva thought Forrest was a good match up for Anderson. Even knowing the outcome I wouldn't think this was an easy match-up for Anderson. Many people picked Forrest to win. People (including Joe Silva) thought he had a shot.

I guess I get so upset because I know first hand what these guys do during training. The only way I could know more so is if I were training for a fight personally. As most of my readers know my fiance is a fighter. Mind you he's not fighting for the UFC but serious fighters train for every fight as if they were stepping into the UFC Octagon. They take it seriously. This is their life (to quote Nate Quarry). These guys (and a few women) train their asses off. For months it's grueling trips to the gym. Sometimes three intense work outs a day for 6 days a week. And that one day a week they take "off" is probably just an easy work out day, you know your typical day at the gym if you're lucky enough to actually skip happy hour and make it to the gym. These guys cut anywhere from 20-35lbs (depending on weight class). They travel to remote gyms to train with different guys and to focus, leaving their families behind.

What would you have said to Forrest if he were your buddy? Because what you write his actual friends and family read. Same goes for all other fighters out there.

As this fantastic sport continues to grow and as the fans evolve, please keep in mind what goes into being a world class fighter before you trash talk, especially in public forums.

Don't believe everything you read unless it's CONFIRMED by the fighter or his camp. If you're truly a fan, please do your part to educate those around you and help SUPPORT those that make this sport possible.
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Good article!!!

What's so disheartening is a large majority of the world has no idea what Fighters do to get ready for fights. It's emotional. Very emotional. And if it's not then they're not really ready for the fight. People should have been saying "Wow Forrest Griffin has heart and was so upset with the loss he ran out of the cage. Poor guy." He lost to Anderson Silva. The best pound for pound fighter. The best. Losing to Anderson shouldn't move him in the rankings at all in my opinion. Forrest had nothing to lose but only something to gain

THIS IS BULL CRAP MAN. FOREST IS A GIRLY PUFF NOW AND LOST HIS BALLS DURING THE FIGHT. WE ALL KNOW HOW FIGHTERS TRAIN AND WHEN THEY RUN AWAY FROM A FIGHT AND GIVE UP AND FAKE A FIGHT PEOPLE SHOULD BE MAD . FOREST HAD A HORRIBLE GAME PLAN HE RUSHED IT KNOWING HE WAS GOING TO GET HIT THATS WHY HE DID WHAT HE DID AND THE FIGHT IMO WAS A FIX.SILVA WAS EVEN GOING TO HELP FOREST UP,PLEASE GUYS LETS BE SMARTEER THEN THIS AND CALL A SPADE A SPADE. FOREST IS DONE IN MY EYES AND I LOST ALL RESPECT FOR HIM.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

venom27 is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 357
      Overall activity: 6.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I just read forrests book and everything he says in his book goes against what he did it doesnt make sense.

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      THIS IS BULL CRAP MAN. FOREST IS A GIRLY PUFF NOW AND LOST HIS BALLS DURING THE FIGHT. WE ALL KNOW HOW FIGHTERS TRAIN AND WHEN THEY RUN AWAY FROM A FIGHT AND GIVE UP AND FAKE A FIGHT PEOPLE SHOULD BE MAD . FOREST HAD A HORRIBLE GAME PLAN HE RUSHED IT KNOWING HE WAS GOING TO GET HIT THATS WHY HE DID WHAT HE DID AND THE FIGHT IMO WAS A FIX.SILVA WAS EVEN GOING TO HELP FOREST UP,PLEASE GUYS LETS BE SMARTEER THEN THIS AND CALL A SPADE A SPADE. FOREST IS DONE IN MY EYES AND I LOST ALL RESPECT FOR HIM.
      dear sweet baby jeezuz fuzo. that sounds like a rant from a crazy person.
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

If you want to talk about getting smart, then stop saying the fight was fixed. This is not the WWE. Anyone that says that fight was fixed, has no respect for the sport..no respect for Anderson...no respect for Forrest...and no respect for the owners of the UFC. Anderson makes guys look like that, man. Is this the first time you have seen him fight? Was the Cote fight fixed? Was the Thales fight fixed? Was the Franklin fight fixed? He made all of those guys look the same way. Forrest has been over rated in my eyes for a long time and it was no surprise that this fight ended like this. He doesn't have that good of chin...he just recovers quickly. He has a great heart and a great personality but a top level fighter, he is not. Silva was being a smartass trying to help Forrest up...don't think it was a gesture of kindness...come on! Dana says that he put Forrest in there because Forrest would bring a fight to Anderson. BS!!!!!! Dana put him in there because he knew he would get into a bangfest with Silva and Silva would get a higlight reel KO. That is all that amounted to. Anderson will make anyone in LHW...other than Machida....look just as stupid, so will those fights be fixed as well? Should we all get mad at GSP because he quit when fighting Serra? Should we get mad at BJ because he quit when fighting GSP? What about when Jeremy Horn quit while fighting Liddell? This isn't the first time this has happened.

I would even be willing to bet that you could put Anderson in there with Brock and he would make Brock look just as stupid...would that be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by venom27 View Post
      I just read forrests book and everything he says in his book goes against what he did it doesnt make sense.
      That is what Anderson does to people. It is like BJ said about Florian...You can have good practices and be really good hitting the pads before your fight, but when you get in the ring, it is a totally different story.

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

forest put his tail between his legs and took a dive. he didnt bring shit to silva but left his face wide open every time he threw a punch knowing how good anderson is. yeah I dont have respect for dana and what kind of shit he's pulled with fighters and the control he wants on all his fighters
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

forest put his tail between his legs and took a dive. he didnt bring shit to silva but left his face wide open every time he threw a punch knowing how good anderson is. yeah I dont have respect for dana and what kind of shit he's pulled with fighters and the control he wants on all his fighters

That is how Forrest fights. He has always left "wide openings" while fighting. That is part of his style. He likes getting hit. But you can go every fight taking that kind of punishment...especially when you are up against power like Silva has. If Dana didn't have control over his fighters, then the UFC wouldn't be nothing. He didn't make Forrest take that fight. Forrest happily agreed to take that fight. A fighter can turn down a fight any time they want to...especially when you are at star status like Forrest.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

dana controls the money on fighters and shirt sales that stuff.let them earn dana wants it all

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Good article!!!
      • Good article!!!

• Good article!!!
      • Good article!!!
      • Good article!!!
      • Good article!!!
      • Good article!!!
      • Good article!!!
      dana controls the money on fighters and shirt sales that stuff.let them earn dana wants it all
      In all actuality, Dana controls nothing. He can't do anything without the Fertitta brothers approval. They are the ones that financed the UFC. They do earn....compare the UFC payouts to any other organizations payouts and tell me the UFC fighters don't earn. I mean, Anderson for 60k bonus for fight of the night...another 60k for knock out of the night. Hell Forrest got smoked and he still got 60k bonus for fight of the night. COme one...you say these guys don't earn