• Join Us!
  • just so you know
  • just so you know
  • just so you know
  • just so you know
  • just so you know
  • just so you know
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: just so you know

PL456 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 143
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Exclamation just so you know

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • just so you know
      • just so you know

• just so you know
      • just so you know
      • just so you know
      • just so you know
      • just so you know
      • just so you know
      please see the NY Times Op-Ed piece today titled.."Why we have to ration healthcare".
      In it the author lays the foundation for what is to come when more and more of the populace either takes the govt healthcare or is forced onto the govt rolls as employers shun employer-provided healthcare in favor of a cheaper "penalty".

The end result of millions and millions on the public dole will be the judging of the value of life. The piece discusses how it is more of a tragedy when a 15 yr-old dies compared to when an 85 yr-old dies. also, the comparisons are made between a 30 yr old with quadriplegia vs a 30 yr old with some other "better" illness, and wether or not the quadraplegic should be insured fully..i.e. kept alive. The following is my opinion:

This is the enevidable slippery slope. Once judgements and price tags are placed on human life, it becomes disposable. Liberals already have much practice on this subject--abortion.

In the future, likely the near future, this judgement issue will become a quite heated debate...people, young with terrible diseases and old with age-related chronic conditions will die faster and more horrible deaths, or linger and die horrible deaths. The debates will rage, the public will become involved, the govt will threaten to "have to" drastically cut services and raise even more taxes--for there are "just too many people to cover--we didnt anticipate this (sound familiar)".

The govt's solution, my friends? Euthanasia. Euthanasia provides many solutions to the money issue: it will "end the suffering of the terminally ill with dignity", it will quickly remove from the rolls those who are costing the system money--it's a money maker, and it will decrease the population--this may be pitched as those that are healthy will be able to receive better and more plentiful services.

Furthermore, obamacare is NOT just about health care...it is about your life.
      Are you over a govt-determined BMI? Too fat, sorry, no knee replacement, or heart surgery, or cholesterol drug, or hypertension drug...
      Too old? Sorry, no cancer-fighting drugs for you, or no new hip, or eye surgery for macular degeneration..
      Your baby born prematurely? Sorry, that neonatal ICU costs too much and besides, you REALLY wanted a healthy (cheap) kid, right??--let this one die
      Are you young but have a terrible disease--sorry, the govt calculations will state that the years you have left are not going to be nice and productive ones, so you will not receive care.
      Morphine is a REALLY cheap drug, folks.

Tax upon tax on red meat, all sugar, soft drinks, "junk food", tobacco, alcohol; penalties for not checking in with your doctor at regular intervals; penalties for not participating in various treatment trials or drug trials--"hey guys, more MONEY and CONTROL!!!".
      if the feds pay to take care of you, you WILL eat and drink what they want you to, you will take the drugs they want you to take, you will be vaccinated wether you want to or not.

****** would have been proud. obamacare, IMO, ultimately looks to a socially engineered society whereby the oldest and weakest, and many of the unborn are weeded out as the clamps of control are placed deeper and deeper onto the strongest and healthiest.

just so you know.
      -----+++DrugFree4Life+++-----

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: just so you know

i'm WAY AGAINST THIS....and i'm an american WITHOUT health care!!! i'll get it eventually. i wish it was more affordable, but thats not the way to go, imo. i believe that getting rid of the bullshyt lawsuits wuold be the first step in ruducing overall cost. then....maybe look into the drug companies and figure out why the canadian government can purchase drugs for alot less than we can
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: just so you know

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • just so you know
      • just so you know

• just so you know
      • just so you know