I don't know if this has ever been posted but if it has, it hasn't been in a long while. I thnk it is always good to review the basic principles of PRO consumption know how. I am sure everyone know this but I am gonna give you a review lesson here.
PRO=protein
CHO=carbs
BF%=Body Fat percentage ( not including muscle mass)
LBM=lean body mass (muscle % on your body, not including fat)
Complete protein=protein coming from animal derived protein source, including protein powders. (incomplete protein does not contain all amino acids)
BW=body weight

Body builders need 1-1.5 grams of COMPLETE protein for every pound of LBM each day. (Formula to follow) Don't count INCOMPLETE PRO coming from, rice pasta, potatoes, yams, & oats. The more you weight the more PRO you need, (to a point) and the harder you train the more PRO you need to consume. Most sources, Dr.'s, nutritionists, etc., don't take training intensity into consideration, when speaking of PRO reccomendations. A hard training individualm that is overloading his or her musculature 4-5 days out of every 7 a week, lifting maximum tonnage, does more trauma, muscle damage and structural tears to there body, than a average person training 3 days a week just to stimulate muscles and keep them conditioned. That doesn't mean you should consume tons of PRO a day, growth is a slow process. Your personal carloric status influences your daily PRO needs. If you fail to eat enough total calories a day your PRO consumption will "Be Wasted"!!! Therefore leaving you with less muscle building needs!! Diet should be a balanced one containing CHO, and to a lessor degree dietary fats, to allow the PRO you consume to do its intended job,...to build and repair muscle tissue.
Both CHO and fat can be stored by the body. CHO being stored in the liver and muscles as glycogen and fat as adipose tissue (excess fuels)...better known as that nasty word FAT!! Protein is not stored to a signifcate degree, so to maximize PRO absorption and to flood the blood with a continual influx of Amino Acids, divide your PRO intake in 5-6 smaller meals. This will keep levels constant so they don't sparatically jump up and down, causing your body to waste (lose muscle). Anytime you loose muscle from wasting, you slow your metabolism, causing an increase in BF. Your body searches for amino acids and can not find them, thus using the next best source, your muscles!!
I could go on and on about boy fuels, how they are used and if they are not supplied, but thats a small basic lesson. Here is a formula to calculate PRO needs.
Have you BF% read with calipers or underwater

BW x BF%= LBS of FAT
BW - LBS of FAT = LBS of Muscle(LBM lean body mass)
LBM x 1-1.5 grams of PRO = grams of protein daily

example:

JJ weighs 175lbs
his BF% = 12%

175 x .12 = 21
175 - 21 = 154 (LBM)
154 x 1-1.5 = 154-231 grams of PRO daily

divide that up into 5-6 servings

STay STrong~~!!!
IPL