• Join Us!
  • Should Bodybuilders Take Vitamins?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Should Bodybuilders Take Vitamins?

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Should Bodybuilders Take Vitamins?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Should Bodybuilders Take Vitamins?

Absolutely! Bodybuilders need supplements more than the average person because we put such a heavy burden on our bodies daily. Also, we may tend to drift into anabolics (both legal and illegal) that carry some pretty heavy side effects. So, what is a good vitamin regimen for the average bodybuilder? I am about to give you what I think is the best supplements that a bodybuilder can take in order of importance. First, you want to take a GOOD multi and just because it comes in a PACK doesn't mean it is good. Find one from a reliable health food store and have them suggest a good one. Make SURE IT DOESN'T CONTAIN IRON IF YOU ARE A MAN! It has a high dose of Vitamin C along with chelated minerals and solid doses of everything you need. Second, you need to take a good Vitamin E product, not something in the value isle at your grocery store. Vitamin E has advanced past what you get in a supermarket, there is a new version of vitamin E called High Gamma E. I am not going to explain how it works, just understand that it is a much better form of vitamin E. The next thing that I feel is most important for good health is a solid Fish Oil supplement. Fish Oil is amazing and protects your heart, liver and brain from damage and decay. You can't take just one though and expect to see any benefit. Fish Oil is cheap and you need to take at least 6 gel caps per day. Steroid users should be taking 12 capsules per day to ward off the liver and heart issues. Now that we have the basics covered, we can move on to more exotic supplements for anti-aging and joint repair. CoQ10 is a enzyme co-factor that is great for keeping your heart and brain healthy and is overall a very good supplement for anyone interested in anti-aging (30-100mg per day). ALA or Alpha Lipoic Acid is even better because this anti-oxidant is also used by body builders to make insulin more active! It actually acts like some prescription insulin potentiators which is a fancy way of saying it makes insulin more effective at carrying nutrients into your body (200-500mg per day with meals).

Unfortunately I am sitting here with wrist wraps on while I type this because my wrists are killing me. I guess I shouldn't under estimate the value of healthy joints, which is why I suggest that ALL bodybuilders take a good Glucosamine and Chondroiton supplement. Watch out for the ones that use Glucosamine HCL instead of Glucosamine Sulfate. You want Glucosamine Sulfate, since that Sulpher molecule is necessary and is the form all of the positive studies used. I am starting 1500mg of Glucosamine Sulfate and Chondroitan Sulfate per day so I can get back to lifting without pain. There is nothing more sad than seeing an older bodybuilder that hasn't kept his joints in good health. Finally, if you do take steroids or even just for the health benefits, drink plenty of Pomegranate juice (also available as a supplement, just DO NOT get the one with ellagic acid).

Don't just pick any of them off the shelf, many are "cut" with grape juice which is empty carbs. What will this do for you? Well, it shrinks the prostate, cleans clogged arteries and reduces oxidation in the body. It's truly the drink of champions and NECESSARY for bodybuilders that take anabolic steroids. Well, that wraps it up and I hope that this helps you choose supplements that will keep your health in check. There is no amount of money that can replace a healthy body, so make sure you budget for some good supplements in your quest to get huge!
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

TheChosen1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 825
      Overall activity: 0%
      is Simply....the Best!

I am:
      Wtf

Level

Post Re: Should Bodybuilders Take Vitamins?

Finally, if you do take steroids or even just for the health benefits, drink plenty of Pomegranate juice (also available as a supplement, just DO NOT get the one with ellagic acid).
      Great post, FUZO.

Ironically, I've fallen head over heels for Cran-Pomegranate juice. I began drinking cranberry juice more after a bout with kidney stones. With cran-grape being my fave at the time, I began trying other flavors. Cran-Strawberry, White Cran-Peach, White Cran-Grape, etc. And I accidentally picked up cran-pomegranate one day but was too curious to bring it back when I noticed the mistake when I got home. Hell, after tasting it the first time, I fell in love with it.

Now knowing that it's helping me out more than just with kidney stones makes me feel alot better for making that choice.
      Loved by some, Hated by most, but RESPECTED BY ALL

2012 APF Ca. State Champion & Double Record Holder

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Should Bodybuilders Take Vitamins?

great article!!!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

6p6 is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 29.0%
      is armed and ready...R U?

I am:
      Wtf

Level

Default Re: Should Bodybuilders Take Vitamins?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

for sure they do!!! or we do or whatever!!! lol