• Join Us!
  • The Dog Pound
  • The Dog Pound
  • The Dog Pound
  • The Dog Pound
  • The Dog Pound
  • The Dog Pound
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: The Dog Pound

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default The Dog Pound

a girl stopped by my workplace today who used to be the person who did all the euthanasia at the dog pound. She said she just couldnt take it anymore and now she does dog sitting from home.She saw my dog, Bruno, and said she remembered him. She said he was definitely on the list to be put to sleep. Wow. They call it "Time and Space", meaning, "Youre out of time, and we are out of space."...

She said its full of Pit Bulls and she said, You'd be surprised why there are so many Pit Bulls. She said the reason is that people(gangster pieces of shit) get a Pit and want it to be viscious and hateful and find out that it is sweet and cute like any other dog and wants to play with other dogs and wag his tail and be friends with people. So when these morons find out their dog isnt viscious and isnt going to enhance their gangster image, they either kill the dog or turn it loose. Like Michael Vick.

She told me a story about one pit who kept making a clanking noise when he drank water. The looked close and someone had pierced his tongue with 3 very large nails so he would have nails sticking out the sides of his mouth and had an extra set of teeth.

Sorry to share such a sad story, but the word needs to get out about these atrocities done in an effort to make dogs mean. Something seriously needs to be done. Public awareness is of paramount importance.

bohunt
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: The Dog Pound

All the pit bulls Michael Vick had, only a couple were put to sleep. All the other were rehab. I think they are one of the best dogs out there.

EVERLAST
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

lotta that pit fighting going on here.
      gangsta's should pit fight...not the dogs!

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

I'd love to get in the ring with some of those "ganstas"...sheeit.

I am os glad i got Crash. Even though they call themselves a "low kill shelter", I just don't think he woul've got adopted. And he's too good of a dog. It's a terribly sad epidemic. The ignorance...I asked the guy about dogfighting. He said, "They love their dogs though." I said, "really?!" He said that's what they say. But, there's no way you could love something, and treat it like that. What even more sad though, is there actually may be some that really care about their dogs, but because they got into that, they can't "punk out" now. know what I mean?

It's just bad society. a very bad portion of the social scene. All at the expense of a poor dog that's just trying to please his master, as the guy at the shelter said.

I'm surprised Crash hadn't got snagged up. I was just telling my wife last night that he'd be a dogfighter's dream. Cause of his size. He towers over pits. That's all his paperwork lists him as. Pit on everything. even the microchip info. I guess they swab for dna now because they know their exact age, and breed/breeds. He does have American Bulldog in him though. Hence the height.
      But a dogfighter going to a shelter would be like a drug dealer going to a police station. I doubt they go there to find pits. There are plenty there though. I'd say a good...almost half the dogs in there were pits.
      1 up

Go Gators

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Another girl came by this morning from the shelter. I told her I want to volunteer to take Bruno into the grade schools and give a 10 minute talk on how a dog is to be treated and that dog fighting is WRONG!..I hope they take me up on my offer. She said this town has the worst pit bull problem in colorado. I really want to do my part to change that.

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

That would be awesome! I've always wanted to do something that will actually make a change.
      1 up

Go Gators

firstenrgy is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
      a girl stopped by my workplace today who used to be the person who did all the euthanasia at the dog pound. She said she just couldnt take it anymore.
      I suggest that she stays there. Just leave the pit bulls alone and invite acorn member and employees down and employ same methods.
      A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -Thomas Jefferson