• Join Us!
  • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
  • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
  • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
  • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
  • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
  • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IPL'S LETS GET FIT~

IronpumpedLady is offline Vixen
      Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 55
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Thumbs up IPL'S LETS GET FIT~

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
      • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~

• IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
      • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
      • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
      • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
      • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
      • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
      PREVENT SHIN SPLINTS~

Shin splints - those pains that run along the front of the lower leg - are a common malady for beginning runners and race walkers. In some people, shin splints are the result of over-pronation (rolling of the foot), a problem best resolved with shoe inserts known as orthotics.

But for the vast majority, shin splints happen because the muscle there (the tibialis anterior) is weak. Here are some simple exercises for strengthening that muscle:

Sitting down, write the letters of the alphabet in the air with your toes.

Flex and point your foot repeatedly, bending it at the ankle.

Walk on your heels. You can start by doing several repetitions of 10 seconds and gradually work your way up to 30-second intervals.

STRETCH YOUR HAMSTRINGS FOR A HEALTHER BACK~

It's true that strengthening your abdominal muscles can help prevent lower back pain. What's not as commonly known is the connection between lower back pain and the hamstrings (the muscles in the back of your thighs).

Tight, inflexible hamstrings are often at the root of low back pain. The good news: simply stretching those muscles regularly can go far in keeping them supple - and keeping back pain at bay.

The cardinal rules of stretching apply. Stretch muscles when they are warm, after warm-up activity or a workout. Stretch as far as you comfortably can. Hold each stretch for 20-30 seconds, and repeat 2 or 3 times.

HOW MUCH WEIGHT SHOULD I BE LIFTING~?

It doesn't matter what weight you lift or for how many reps as long as you are completely EXHAUSTING your muscles. That's where the progress comes from. Some people lift very light weights - so light that they could do 20+ reps without feeling exhausted - but stop at 12-15 because those are "the rules" of lifting.

Achieving total exhaustion is key to developing more lean muscle. It will increase your metabolism as you build strength and tone your muscles, and give your metabolism a boost for several hours post-workout.

To find your ideal lifting weight, first decide how many reps you want to do, which depends on your lifting goals. To build strength, do higher weights for 6-8 reps. For overall toning, try moderate weights for 8-12 reps. And to build endurance, do lighter weights for 12-15 reps.

Once you decide your lifting and rep goals, it's a matter of guessing and checking. Pick a weight. Within your chosen rep range, you should feel EXHAUSTED - meaning you could not possibly do another rep in good form - on the last rep.

For example, if want to do 10-12 bicep curls for overall toning, you might try 10-15 pounds. If you can do more than 12 reps, the weight is not enough. If you can't do 10 without breaking proper form, you should lighten up a little. After a few workouts, you'll get the idea.

Remember, the amount of weight you lift depends first on your strength training goals.

FITNESS TO-DO'S~
      Starting a fitness program doesn't have to be overwhelming when you are armed with the proper tools to get things rolling. Once you've committed to getting in shape, there are several things you can do to ensure you'll exceed your short and long term fitness goals.
      Write down your fitness goals. You're more likely to stick with a program when you have set specific goals.
      Always eat a well-balanced diet that includes ample servings of vegetables and fruit.
      Assess your current fitness level before starting an exercise program. You'll be able to establish goals that meet your specific fitness needs.
      Talk to your health care provider before embarking on a fitness program, particularly if you are struggling with a health condition such as diabetes or obesity.
      Always stretch before and after your exercise routine. Make sure your muscles are warm first!
      Don't over do it! Slowly increase the intensity of your workouts.
      Diversify your workout routine. If you do the same exercises day after day, you'll quickly tire and may hit a plateau.
      Work out with a friend. You'll help motivate each other.

FIND THE RIGHT SHOE FOR YOUR WORKOUTS~
      To improve your workouts, look for a high-quality shoe with a good fit that is made to support the activities you do.
      Running shoes have additional cushioning to absorb shock as your foot hits the ground, which helps to reduce blisters. They are flexible and light. Running shoes are designed for forward motion, so they don't support you well when you move in other directions (like during basketball or step aerobics).
      Trail shoes have added traction for running and walking in grass, mud, or trails.
      Walking shoes tend to be stiffer and heavier than running shoes. These provide more support since your foot rolls from heel to toe more slowly than when you run.
      Cross Training shoes are great for people who have a varied workout routine or play different sports. This is the most versatile athletic shoe, designed to give more support for changes in direction and impact, making them an economical choice. They're heavier and less cushioned than running shoes and not recommended if running is your main mode of training.
      Specialty shoes exist for weight lifting, cycling, hiking, tennis, basketball, soccer, and more. If you engage in these activities several days per week, consider buying a sport-specific shoe to fit your needs.

Stay Strong~~!!!
      IPL

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: IPL'S LETS GET FIT~

For the very first time in my life I got shin splints the other night and I coukldnt walk. omg. IPL this is a blessing post ive been doing the alphabet all morning
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

^Lmao...haha, thats good Fuzo. doin the alphabet...

anyhow, this is a really good post. Thanks IPL

BTW, im typin this with my feet

quirkysmilin is offline FG Diva
      Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 192
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I have a client getting ready to run a marathon - shes been with me for 3 months now - is now suffering from shin splints - Im going to have her do these exercises. Thanks IPL! And - I cant tell you how mamny members Ive had get new shoes - people dont realize how a bad shoe can affect your workout.
      A faithful heart makes wishes come true.

scotch_03rr is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
      • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~

• IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
      • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
      • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
      • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
      • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
      • IPL'S LETS GET FIT~
      ok on the shin splints i have tried the alphabet thing and it does help but one thing that i really find helpful with the pain is simply dropping the speed way down and walking backwards for a few minuets. i started doing this and cant believe how fast my shins would stop hurting. dont know why but it worked at least for me