• Join Us!
  • I think I am hypoglycemic
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I am hypoglycemic

still2skinny is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 327
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default I think I am hypoglycemic

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

If I do not eat every 2-3 hours, I get very very moody and cranky, and cannot think very well. I used to just think that my body craved protein, so I will usually just slam a protein shake and eat some food. Well, last night I was wondering if this was, in fact, a symtom of low blood sugars, and I ate a bite of a candy bar just to test my theory. OOOOOOOOOO sweet sweet delicious candy bar!!!! I tasted very good, and it made me feel so much better!!! Man, it was great! Better than slamming any protein shake!!!!

BTW, I am 27, so I do not think that I am going to be diabetic, since I probably would've started to have more serious problems by now.

So, my question is, what would be the implications of my health if I were ever to consider taking slin for enhanced muscle growth? Would there be anything special that I would need to keep in mind, other than keeping my blood monitored?

Lethal is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 315
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

FYI ... I was diagnosed with diabetes at 26... Health freak my entire life before that.

bigjim33
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

i will bump this for ya

still2skinny is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 327
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I can already tell.... You guys are gonna scare the bejesus out of me, and I am gonna have to go to the doctor.......sigh........

Manic Behavior is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 154
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

safest bet is to go to the doctor, what do you have to lose?
      Disclaimer: Manic Behavior is not a real person, he is only a figment of your imagination. This post is not even real.

Do NOT mess with a suburbanite, cuz we're just not going to take it anymore.

manicbehavior@cyber-rights.net

jack hust
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

you need to go to the doc bro he can help you more than us

mtnmedic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      is Being patient

I am:
      Cool

Level

Type 2 diabetes mellitus took my 28yr old lil brother last year. All it takes is a mere blood drop from you to save your ass...... Why wait its no big deal bro.
      Leaders did what others weren't willing to do, now they enjoy the things that others do not.

Alpen Gruppe 99
      Our passion never dies !
      ) O (

FightinForPecs
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

listen bro im the same exact way. if i do not eat every couple hours i turn into a different person. my stomach starts to burn, my chest hurts, and i feel like complete shit. ive never been diagnosed with anything but ive always wondered if i was hypo..

Username is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 371
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I'm the same way. If I don't eat every couple hours I get really light head, shaky, feel like crap. Never went to the doc about it. I figured I should stay away from slin since I get that way naturally.

From what I read somewhere testing for hypoglycemic is kind of a pain in the ass.

FightinForPecs
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

maybe its just normal for some people. low blood sugar. it may not necessarily be hypo.

goliath.jr is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 250
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: I think I am hypoglycemic

Originally posted by still2skinny
      If I do not eat every 2-3 hours, I get very very moody and cranky, and cannot think very well. I used to just think that my body craved protein, so I will usually just slam a protein shake and eat some food. Well, last night I was wondering if this was, in fact, a symtom of low blood sugars, and I ate a bite of a candy bar just to test my theory. OOOOOOOOOO sweet sweet delicious candy bar!!!! I tasted very good, and it made me feel so much better!!! Man, it was great! Better than slamming any protein shake!!!!

BTW, I am 27, so I do not think that I am going to be diabetic, since I probably would've started to have more serious problems by now.

So, my question is, what would be the implications of my health if I were ever to consider taking slin for enhanced muscle growth? Would there be anything special that I would need to keep in mind, other than keeping my blood monitored?
      I'm hypoglycemic. If you are, or think you are, stay away from slin! Your body allready produces too much insulin, adding more to it will just compound the problem. It's treatable with food though, so it's no big deal. I'd stay away from the candy bars though. Have an apple, or a glass of OJ - not a candy bar, LOL.
      The burden of originality is one that most people don't want to accept. They'd rather sit in front of the TV and let that tell them what they are suppose to like, what they're suppose to buy, and what they're suppose to laugh at. You have Beavis and Butthead telling you what music you're allowed to like and not like, and you've got sitcoms that have canned laughter that lets you know when to laugh if you're too stupid to know when the joke is. People are too lazy and too stupid to think for themselves because America has raised them that way.

mod @ superiormuscle.com

superchicken is offline Respected Member
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 396
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i bet a ton of us on here feel different if we dont eat for a few hrs.

for years we have been eating smaller but frequent meals, and we have been training. our bodies are constantly repairing themself.

they body gets used to its feeding schedule, when you stray from it it tells you.

just like drinking water all the time, the body adapts to the schedule. it retains less water as it knows for the last wk its had water crammed in it frequently. youll get real thirsty too if you stop drinking so much and so often. and just like with food, if its been geting fed constantly, and then you dont feed it, it will let you know.

i thought i was hypo too at one point cause of this.

i was 17 busted my ass in the gym and was late for work so i didnt get to eat anything. went to work and worked very hard for about 4 hours then got my first break, i was starving and weak feeling, so i had a soda to tide me over untill i got my lunch break in another 45min. the soda really made me feel much better, woke me up and gave me some energy.

also what i didnt know was happening was my body released a huge insulin spike when it finally saw that sugar it was absolutely craving for the last 4 hours.

well i went to jack in the box got back to work, sat down, felt fine and was ready to eat. started sweating all of a sudden and felt weak again. started drinking soda as fast as possible and eating some fries for carbs. wasnt fast enough-i knew what was gonna happen so i got up to call for help and passed out and smacked the floor.

now im def not hypo glycemic, but maybe i release a lil bit more insulin than the ave person, and maybe you do too. havent had a problem since actually.

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by jack hust
      you need to go to the doc bro he can help you more than us

yea listen to this post here. need to see a Dr. and do some more research before you do anything with slin.

bigjim33
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by superchicken
      i bet a ton of us on here feel different if we dont eat for a few hrs.

for years we have been eating smaller but frequent meals, and we have been training. our bodies are constantly repairing themself.

they body gets used to its feeding schedule, when you stray from it it tells you.

just like drinking water all the time, the body adapts to the schedule. it retains less water as it knows for the last wk its had water crammed in it frequently. youll get real thirsty too if you stop drinking so much and so often. and just like with food, if its been geting fed constantly, and then you dont feed it, it will let you know.

i thought i was hypo too at one point cause of this.

i was 17 busted my ass in the gym and was late for work so i didnt get to eat anything. went to work and worked very hard for about 4 hours then got my first break, i was starving and weak feeling, so i had a soda to tide me over untill i got my lunch break in another 45min. the soda really made me feel much better, woke me up and gave me some energy.

also what i didnt know was happening was my body released a huge insulin spike when it finally saw that sugar it was absolutely craving for the last 4 hours.

well i went to jack in the box got back to work, sat down, felt fine and was ready to eat. started sweating all of a sudden and felt weak again. started drinking soda as fast as possible and eating some fries for carbs. wasnt fast enough-i knew what was gonna happen so i got up to call for help and passed out and smacked the floor.

now im def not hypo glycemic, but maybe i release a lil bit more insulin than the ave person, and maybe you do too. havent had a problem since actually.
      nice personal input bro

jjgarcia3
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

hey bro just get one of those blood sugar testers where you stick finger with little pin and test blood.