• Join Us!
  • The UFC crowds are ridiculous!!!!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The UFC crowds are ridiculous!!!!

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default The UFC crowds are ridiculous!!!!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

It is so ridiculous that a guy like Anderson Silva beats the crap out of a guy in a very convincing and technically beautiful fashion, but then has to apologize to an ignorant crowd in the post fight interview. I could not be a fighter because if I was getting boo'd during a performance like that, I would have to tell the crowd to kiss my a@@! I think that is the ultimate show of disrespect by the fans. They obviously are toughman contest idiots that have no clue about the technical battle going on inside the ring. It is getting so bad that I am about to stop getting the PPVs because I end up getting so pissed off just from hearing it.
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

gator_mclusky is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 242
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: The UFC crowds are ridiculous!!!!

I thought it was one of the most boring fights I've ever seen.

To each their own but I wont be buying any Sylvia fights in the future.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
      Commitment to Excellence

God, Family, Career and building a fortress that I call my body!!!!!!

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

I thought it was one of the most boring fights I've ever seen

EXACTLY THATS WHAT IVE BEEN READING
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

THATS WHAT DANA THOUGHT TOO FUZO
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

bionic redneck is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

thats because leites was scared of him....i mean layin down all the time.. common..

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by gator_mclusky View Post
      I thought it was one of the most boring fights I've ever seen.

To each their own but I wont be buying any Sylvia fights in the future.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
      But my question is...how is this Anderson's fault? You can't fight a fighter that doesn't fight back. Anderson did everything he could to make it a fight but there was nothing he can do. I thought it was entertaining not boring....I guess it just depends on how much you appreciate good technique.

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

Schiznick is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 49
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I put SOME of the blame on Silva.. He could have done a little more to try and put the guy away. It ALMOST reminded me a little of when Tim Sylvia got the belt.. prior to getting the belt he took it to everyone and tried to win, then when he got the belt, he fought NOT TO LOSE.. I saw a little of that in the fight last night.. not as bad, but there were times in the fight where I thought he could have at least tried harder to finish the fight.
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"...................Benjamin Franklin

schiznick13@yahoo.com

BigDawg is offline Super Moderator
      is entering beast mode

I am:
      Awesome

Level
      Blog Entries

we watched the fight at Buffalo Wild Wings and the whole place kept booing and screaming at the ***** for continually dropping to the ground hoping Silva would bite and climb into guard. Shows he is incredibly one sided and should never have gotten into the ring with Silva. It's not that the crowds are tuff man fans. I shell out $45 plus beer and food when i buy it at home, shelled about the same for beer and wings fir this fight but these peeps at the live venue paid big bucks for a night of entertainment and that fight was not entertaining. Silva vs Franklin 1 and 2 were highly entertaining and were more an example of Silva's skill set and even the less exciting silva vs henderson was at least satisfying as he finished his opponent. this fight should never have gone to the judges. the whole first round was a waste short of that one body punch by silva and that leg kick/sweep by silva that he didn't follow through on. 5 minutes and he wins the round with two techniques? it didn't get any better from there.
      You may not recognize your mom when you get home, I shaved her back.

I don't have an ego, i just love how awesome i am !!

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

you fight to win not to entertain the crowd. silva is a counter puncher. thats how he fights. he stuck to his game rather than wading in and possibly getting taken down and submitted.

boring or not it was a technical masterpiece. 25 minutes in a fight with a high level competitor and not a scratch on him.

the better the people i spar with the more i can appreciate what he did.
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
      you fight to win not to entertain the crowd. silva is a counter puncher. thats how he fights. he stuck to his game rather than wading in and possibly getting taken down and submitted.

boring or not it was a technical masterpiece. 25 minutes in a fight with a high level competitor and not a scratch on him.

the better the people i spar with the more i can appreciate what he did.

My thoughts 100%!!!!! That is what I am saying. Why should Anderson jump in his guard? Anderson is not going to take a chance at getting beat just because some fans think there is not enough action. If I pay the big money for a ticket to a UFC fight..I would rather see that fight than to see Anderson beat him in 2 minutes. Both guys stuck to their game plans too a tee and neither can be blamed for it. The Anderson and Franklin fight was more exciting because Franklin is an aggressor and Anderson is a counter striker. In this fight..both guys were counter strikers. That is how it goes.

Everyone wants to say "Man I hate that Anderson is leaving, I wish he would keep fighting." Why should he? He fights his ass off and gets boo'd for it. I wouldn't care about staying any more either.

Anderson has spoiled you guys by beating his other opponents so quickly. That is not going to happen every time. I would like to see any person that boo'd Anderson step in the ring with him!

Striated is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 59
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I believe it was up to Silva to push the pace and reward the crowd. They were chanting "GSP" because they were thirsty for the same level of excitement GSP delivers. I was quite bored as well... nobody is going to remember this fight - other than the fact it was the most boring in recent memory.

Silva is sooo good - it's scary. I believe Thales was simply afraid of his clinch - understandable. Now, Silva has put on lackluster performances before and apologized to the crowd, so I guess he didn't mean it. He is there to win, first and foremost. If I am not mistaken, it was a record setting win, as well.

This is the new UFC people... I have been watching the UFC since #3 where the fighting was silly and absurd (much like Thales/Silva) but these days Dana is looking for action - not some sort of "technical standoff." We live in an era when a point can be deducted if an opponent retreats (the ref has that option). The current rules actually favor a standup fighter heavily. The fight can always be stood up for a lack of action - but a fight would never be 'put to the ground' for a lack of standup action... Silva was lackluster in his magnificance.
      I know nothing about any of this insanity... it's just a fun game to me.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

The more Anderson would have pushed, the more Thales would have hit the floor. Thales has a much higher level BJJ than Anderson. There was no way that Anderson was going to voluntarily go the ground with him. I understand that Anderson could have pushed the pace a little more, but that would have greatly increased his chances of getting beat. Why would he take stupid chances to please the crowd when he has worked this hard to get where he is? The way I see it is that his opponents should be the ones to have to push the pace...they are the ones that are challenging for the belt. Anderson has the belt, why rick losing it over something stupid? If anyone should get shunned, it should be Thales. I'll post up an interview in a minute where Anderson explains it.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

What did you think of the fight? Everything went as you’re expecting?

Once again we made our job. I was just upset to have fought with Thales, I wasn’t happy with that, but work is work. The fight was good, I think we have achieved a good recovery of what we’ve trained, our strategy was good, we’ve imagined what Thales could do and, thanks God, the coaches were able to help me and were perfect, each one in his specialty. Everybody helped me and I’m very happy with my work. The experiments we are doing, everything we are studying, has been right.

How do you fell winning the ninth victory in a row, the new UFC record?

Oh, man... Be the champion of the event that the Master Rorion Gracie introduced in the United States and being able to come close... I don’t ever want to have that comparison, who am I to be better or worse than Master Royce. But, being able to, one way or another, represent Brazil, the title remains in Brazil, then I continue honored to get this done and to keep the belt here.

What did you think of the criticisms that you’re receiving after the fight?

Every day we get older, the reflex is no longer the same... Fight with a kid like Thales and try to do things that might put me at risk wouldn’t be good for my career. One way or another he fought well, came well prepared, but I would have a lot to risk. I'm not risking something that took a long time for me to win. I think the fans are talking, criticizing... Each one has their opinion, I have to respect their opinion, after all they are always there applauding, but I'm happy, I was able to do my job well. All my team helped so that we could reach where we are and I don’t have much to say. Unfortunately, you can’t always do what people want. I try to fight and don’t get hurt and this is working over all these years. Sometimes I can fight faster, sometimes not, showing superiority, is better for me, for my career and the athletes who fight with me. Even because Thales is a dangerous athlete and I couldn’t risk something more.

Thales’s strategy has surprised you?

No. I think we were aware and had trained all that he could do. He was prepared and determined to win, but we managed to annul his game. I would like to thank Lyoto (Machida), André Galvão, Master Sylvio Behring, (Josuel) Distak, people who were determinants to this fight to happen and that we could get this result. The work that I did with Nogushi, Rogério Camões, Macarrão and all the people who gave me strength for me to come well prepared in this fight. I think I could honor the Nogueira Jiu-Jitsu, show that I made justice to the Jiu-Jitsu I learned all the time... We were able to do what we proposed and, unfortunately, we can’t always be like people want, what can I do... We try. I want to apologize to Thales, Dedé (Pederneiras) and the Nova União team. I already trained several times in the Nova União, with Dedé, Master Shaolin, and I didn’t like to do this fight, but we are professionals. I would like to congratulate Thales, he is a great fighter.

After the third round, Feijão and Distak said to you release the game and go over him. Why have you decided to keep the strategy of the previous rounds?

We were achieving to annul Thales’ game and wouldn’t change the strategy. We were able to, from the first to the last round, annul Thales game completely, despite the scores of the judges be a little crazy, I don’t know what fight they have seen, but the strategy we did was good. Distak said that I should move more, achieve my strokes more, and all instructions that Feijão gave I did and this brought us another victory. The type of training that we do, the strategy that we do for every fight, has brought a positive result. While is like this, we doesn’t have to change anything. We will always look to surprise the opponent, confuse them and minimize the chances of mistakes.

You’ve already beaten most of the top fighters of the UFC in your category... Does this disincentive you to continue fighting in your weight?

No. I’m very motivated to fight, I continue happy to be doing my job, but is as I’ve said. I’m no longer a kid, I have much to lose. It took so long to get here and we, as the age comes, do more conservative fights, I won’t expose myself and be knocked out. I have to be the most efficient possible with any opponent that I fight and that is what we are proposing, with lot of study we have done over the opponents, trainings, watching videos, talking with several people... People have no idea, we were almost an entire month talking to the whole coach team, our doctor, physiologist, several people, to see what we could or not do during the fight. I’m very happy for the result, I was able to use people who are willing to help me on the technical, physical and theoretical part. And that’s bringing results. I’m happy, I'm motivated, I love fighting in the UFC, but people must understand that fight is fight, I’m doing a fight that preserve my health, technique, and that is always like this, superior in some moments of the fight. One day I’ll lose, I’m not unbeatable, but the control we do have nothing wrong.

What’s the next step for you at the UFC? Will you defend your belt or increase in weight?

I haven’t thought about this. I still have a job to do. Feijão will fight, Maldonado, Corvo... Now is focus on them until the work end, then we’ll see what will be done: if I’ll fight in the category above or put the belt in game. We will work, try to do our work well in a very different way, intelligent, so that we can minimize even more the chances of mistake.

And what did you think of Shogun’s victory?

Shogun is a young boy, has everything ahead. Everyone has their bad phase, he went through one and overcame, a time when he wasn’t so well, had personal problems, injuries, and he, well trained, has already proven that it is candidate to the title, despite I’m cheering for Lyoto. Shogun is in the right way, doing his job... We had the opportunity to be together, he was focused, but I consider Chuck one of the best fighters of the category. He is a legend of the UFC and has to be respected, he ended knocked out, it happens. Fight is fight and we have to relieve and think about some issues when this happens. Shogun is with congratulations, he rediscovered himself and will give a lot of trouble in this category.

Do you think Liddell should retire after this defeat?

I don’t think so. Liddell is a reference of the UFC, and, particularly, if that happens I will be very sad, because he and Couture are references of the UFC, the face of the UFC. He has to talk with his team, his family, but I think Chuck is a fantastic person, a great champion, has to be respected for everything that has already done and still does... Fight with a guy like Shogun, a young boy, its difficult... We have to get off the hat for him, because he already made memorable fights and, whether being American or not, already gave many joys to everyone who saw him fighting.

What did you think of Wanderlei’s statements, commented your interview to the Sensei Sportv and saying that you’re “****y” and that “the war is declared”?

Look, I have nothing against Wanderlei, I think every person speak what they want. He can say whatever he wants, but I don’t consider a declared war, even because I’m very well settled in relation to what I did and do in the UFC. Regardless of everything, I want to make very clear to everyone that I didn’t get here for nothing, I’m no fool. I started like any other fighter, did a well done job and Wanderlei is a great champion, deserves all my respect. People say that I commented about training... I didn’t comment about training, even because this has no sense. Is a code of honor that all black belt has... People say what they want. I respect everyone, Demian, Thales, Wanderlei, all my opponents. I never lacked with respect to anyone, but also I’m not afraid of anyone. I’m here to fight anyone, I always fought, but about this, "war"... First, to have a war there must be disagreements. I’m ok, I’m not worried about this and people have to stop talking about me. Talk about me is easy, it’s hard to be me. I don’t talk about anyone, I respect everyone. Each one has its limitations, each one has its strengths and weaknesses, but I’m not worried with this, I’m worried about helping Feijão to his fight, Corvo and, then, Minotauro’s fight.

Once again, if I suddenly said something that he said that wasn’t clear, I guess he understood wrong. We have to respect ourselves, even because, from where we came, a gossip results in fight. I like him, when he fought against Chuck I was screaming in the cheer, went to his locker room when the fight ended, but, finally... I always cheer for him to win his fights, I’ll pretend that this never happened, because it’s ridiculous. Sometimes people make us say about some things, but I never said anything that was supposedly disrespect to Wanderlei. Indeed, I talked about Demian, because I think is a bit of pretension Demian commenting that wants to dispute for the belt. I've never done this, I always respect everyone. When I fought for the first time in the UFC, I didn’t ask for the belt, I deserved that. I’ve never challenged any champion, I think that with this I would be pretentious and wouldn’t be myself. But I’m ok, each one knows what to do. I wish all these people who are talking to be happy, I’m not worried about that. My job is well done and I’m not worried in doing gossip.
      I think it is absurd for anyone to say they are embarrassed for any of Anderson's performances.

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by tn94z View Post
      I think it is absurd for anyone to say they are embarrassed for any of Anderson's performances.

i agree. its not his fault thales didnt engage like franklin or henderson.

last i checked silva has the belt and its thales's job to take it.

by taking the fight silva said come take take it......................he didnt. he fought not to get knocked out but not to win. all blame goes on thales IMO
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Thales Leites should have definitely gone in and try to take the belt. He one dimensional game plan totally suucks!!! What I really didn't like was that in the first round no one threw a punch or kick for close to 2 minutes. That was ridiculous seeing those guys in there just staring at each other trying to pysch each other out for 2 minutes.
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN