• Join Us!
  • Steroid Use In Sports
  • Steroid Use In Sports
  • Steroid Use In Sports
  • Steroid Use In Sports
  • Steroid Use In Sports
  • Steroid Use In Sports
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Steroid Use In Sports

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Steroid Use In Sports

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Steroid Use In Sports
      • Steroid Use In Sports

• Steroid Use In Sports
      • Steroid Use In Sports
      • Steroid Use In Sports
      • Steroid Use In Sports
      • Steroid Use In Sports
      • Steroid Use In Sports
      Steroids has been the hottest topic in athletics for the past decade. Everyone remembers how this media frenzy started, with Mark McGwire's andro bottle in his locker. He breaks the home run record, then Sammy blasts over 60 as well, and the Bonds. HOLY CRAP you mean these guys may have used steroids? What a shocker!

Wait a minute though. These athletes that we hold to the highest performance expectations would use a short cut? Bottom line is this: Anabolics in sports has been there even before the allegations of use among baseball, track, and Tour De France athletes were plastered all over the pages of the newspaper and on ESPN and CNN. It is a media hot topic because WE, the normal public, like to hear about scandalous athletes and celebrities. We give these media outlets the ratings and feedback which fuels this fire distracting the public from the other REAL problems that America faces.

My Opinion

Test the athletes, follow the policies, and punish the wrong doers. That's it! No matter what you do, someone is going to find an edge in sports. Why do athletes weight train? Why do athletes try to eat right? To enhance their performance to keep their job. Put yourself in the situation that the athletes are in. Maybe your in the minor leagues making 800 bucks a month. A teammate gets called up to the majors after gaining 20lbs of muscle and becoming faster and stronger.

Now he makes six figures and your still stuck living paycheck to paycheck. Would you cheat to get a better living. I know businessmen who back stab their way to the top and sleep with their superiors just to get raises and promotions. What makes them different? Because their way of cheating is different? I do not support cheating and drug use but it is there. Its always going to be there as long as sports still is at a high demand level. My only beef is that it shouldn't be a national dilemma.

What About The Children?

Okay, this once again is just my opinion, but I have a theory...BE A PARENT! My parents made sure I knew about drugs and what could happen. They instilled values in me that made me proud to be a natural athlete. I beat the guys on the juice! I played division II college baseball and a year at the semi pro level and steroids was common.

You know what though? I out worked them. You can have all the drugs in the world but if you have not put in the work you will not succeed. Barry Bonds would have been a hall of famer whether he did or didn't do steroids. He chose his direction and now he has to face scrutiny. I say just test all athletes and punish them if they fail. Leave it at that. Its going to always be there in some form just leave it out of the national spotlight. I think it actually created more of a steroid problem because now the younger think that everyone does it to succeed.

As long as there is competition there will be the need to cheat at it. What can we do? Educate and enforce the rules. Its a harsh realization to face but we are dealing with a problem that agencies can only be reactive to. New drugs that will pass tests hit the market all the time and will be used by athletes to get an edge even if it is just for a little while. Sports have become entertainment and were we not buying the tickets for the games which records were being broken? All I am saying is don't be surprised to find out that players are cheating. Don't give them a break but give the topic a break and keep it out of the spotlight to let it die down
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Schiznick is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 49
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Steroid Use In Sports

I concurr 100% Fuz.. its a frustrating subject for sure..
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"...................Benjamin Franklin

schiznick13@yahoo.com

badasz32 is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 405
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Steroid Use In Sports

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Steroid Use In Sports
      • Steroid Use In Sports

• Steroid Use In Sports
      • Steroid Use In Sports
      • Steroid Use In Sports
      • Steroid Use In Sports
      • Steroid Use In Sports
      • Steroid Use In Sports
      i say open the flood gates. let them do whatever the **** they want to do. I dont watch professional sports besides mma but who gives a shit. I dont want to see regular guys on worlds strongest man, at 175 squat 250lbs. I want to see a dude pull a train or plane. You pay to see the freaks. Hit 400 home runs in a season it will sell tickets. I was a NCAA athlete and I know 100% there are ways around drug testing policies and that they number of college athletes who use would shock you. everyone one does it or has done it. 5 out of 10 have done aas the other 5 lie about it. Im sure its different depending on which sport you play. guys are gonna do it anyways so equal the playing field. after all IT IS JUST A ****ING GAME.
      Badasz1@Hushmail.com