Supps And More Supps

Having the right supplement stack can make or break a bodybuilder. Believe me on this one. Whether you talk about a hobbyist or a competitive bodybuilder, the supplement that he/she takes plays a very significant role in his/her success.

Those who say that bodybuilding ain't about supplements is partly right yet totally wrong. See, attitude, genetics and discipline are the basic foundations of bodybuilding. But supplements, the right one at that, gives one the decisive edge over the other. Tell me a champion bodybuilder who doesn't have his/her own supplement stack and I'll show you a liar. Let us see how important these supplements are.

Pre-Workout Supplement With Fat Burning Effects

You work 8 hours a day. Travel for an hour and a half then you hit the gym. After a long stressful day at work, the big question would be, do you still have the energy to last a full 60-minute workout? What? Are you kidding me? Only Superman can. Even The Batman hits the sack straight from his nightly patrol of Gotham. So what do we need? A good and reliable pre-workout supplement.

NO (nitric oxide) supplements have gained quite a following since they initially debuted on the market as a supplement. This is because NO is a tool for promoting increased lean mass, enhancing fast twitch muscle, quicker recovery and improved strength.

The past few months has seen the rise of various NO pre-workout products. But for me, I recommend two namely Gaspari SuperPump 250 and new VPX NO Shotgun. The good thing about these two products is the fact that aside from giving you full pumped up energy, better focus and added boost of power, both products comes with fat burning compounds that helps you burn those flabs while building up mass. It's like hitting 2 birds in 1 stone. And this has been attested to by individual clinical studies specially with VPX NO Shotgun's V3 which comes with the reliable VPX Redline formula. SuperPump tastes better which is the reason why I always keep a tub of these 2 in my stack. SuperPump comes at $37.95 per 40 servings while NO Shotgun V3 sells for $41.95/1.43 lbs.

Post-Workout Supplement

Whether you're trying to build muscle or lose weight, post workout nutrition and supplementation is arguably the most vital factor in how fast you get results. The key to muscle growth is effective and complete muscle recovery. You have to give your body the support it needs, when it needs it, to get results fast.

The goal of proper post-workout nutrition is to quickly and efficiently refuel the muscles and then provide them with the raw materials they need to rebuild themselves to be bigger and stronger.

A sports drink like Gatorade, which you could get for less than $3 at just about anywhere, is a good first step in post-workout nutrition. It will act to quickly replace energy stores, replace lost nutrients and also create an insulin spike more on the importance of insulin.

Providing the body with a quality protein source is comes next in the post-workout supplementation list and it should follow the first step at the quickest possible time. This is where a quality protein whey product comes in like that of the ON 100% Gold Standard Whey Protein powder which sells for $19.95/2 lbs which is arguably the best whey protein product out there.

Your post-workout meal should be loaded with both protein and carbohydrates. While protein builds muscle, do not forget the important role carbohydrates play in the process. Carbs provide the much-needed insulin spike that provides the body with an excellent transport system for the nutrients to reach the muscle cells. For this one, I recommend Universal Torrent which costs just $31.95/3 lbs. These is probably the most complete Post-Workout drink out there that comes packed with the needed carbo, insulin, and of course, your complete creatine requirement in a day. The only downside? The taste.

Multivitamins

Whether you are regularly hitting the irons in the gym or your plain average joe, taking the right dose of multivitamins everyday should be a no-brainer. In fact, no one in their proper state of mind should go on his / her day without this very important supplement. Multivitamins is the one that fuels our body's energy and immune system to combat regular grinds in our day. It increases our immune system, acts as good anti-oxidants and keeps our heart healthy. I suggest NOW Liquid Multi Gels which sells at $9.75/60 caps via A1Supplements.com which, in my own opinion, gives better value to your money.

Cracking Joints

Do you hear your joints cracking when you do that overhead barbell press? Or when you try that 120 kg. squats? Chances are, your joints are either too weary for what you are trying to do or they are all dried up and are too stubborn to follow your movements. With this, I strongly recommend that you add a joint support supplement like Dymatize Joint Repair 60 Caplets for just $13.95.

Final Notes

Now, the above things I listed are just it. Supplements. Which means, do not miss out on your whole food diet. Supplements, from the word itself, only serves to add that needed energy surge, that needed recovery matrix and that needed support for your body that can't be filled in by whole foods. But missing out the whole ones for supps is a bad, bad idea. Also, if you noticed, I don't have any intra-workout supplement. You know why? Because I believe that the best thing to take during workouts is water. Our body is 90% water so replenishing your muscles with water ensures that your body and muscles are well hydrated for the tough grind.

And one more. They are called workout supplements. Meaning, you need to work your butt out in the gym when you take them to get the best results possible. You can't simply take those supps and do nothing else for they are supplements for your workout and your daily nutrition.