• Join Us!
  • how to change your attitude towards food
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: how to change your attitude towards food

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default how to change your attitude towards food

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

how to change your attitude towards food
      Changing your attitude to live and eat healthier, easily.

Eating healthy is something that many people unfortunately struggle with. The lure of fast food and other easy and fast choices leads people to pick whatever’s available or seems to taste the best. Most know that they should make better choices, but something always seems to get in the way of making that better choice.

However, changing this pattern doesn’t have to be hard. Simply take a few moments to think about it. First of all, most people want the absolute best thing NOW. Each meal, they choose carefully what would taste best, and frequently end up coming up with something full of fat and practically nutritionless. The alternative is to be totally apathetic about food, and to choose whatever’s as fast as possible – frequently fast food or something frozen, both of which are loaded with unhealthy fat and/or preservatives.

Either attitude is negative, but that can be changed. Instead of thinking about taste or speed, think about the way your body feels. When you pour lots of heavy, fatty foods into it, it tends to feel weighed down, lethargic, and unhealthy. If you eat healthy food, your body feels lighter, more energetic, and healthier. You can do everything easier, from working out to sitting still to sleeping!

Surround yourself with healthy, easy food choices. Choose the things you like but usually, for whatever reason, don’t pick. Choose baked or mashed potatoes instead of fried potatoes. Add a salad to your meal (with low-fat dressing and lots of vegetables). If preparing salad seems like too much trouble, buy some pre-packaged salad and add your favorite vegetables to the mix. Wash and chop them up all at once and keep them in your fridge for whenever you want a salad. Have some pasta with tomato sauce instead of cream sauce, and add some chicken breast and cheese to it (not fried chicken).

All of these are easy choices to make, because you likely do enjoy these foods. Make a list of things to stock your home with: frozen fruit and vegetables, pasta, tomato sauce, chicken breast, chicken and beef broth, canned tomatoes (stewed or otherwise), cheese, whole wheat bread, low-fat lunch meats, and more. Look for them on sale (you can find great bargains on all of these items if you know where to look) and you won’t pay too much for them at all.

Make it easy to make good choices. Keep the healthy foods in your house and find easy ways to prepare them. Throw together pasta and a can of stewed tomatoes for a very quick dinner. Put frozen fruit and 100% juice in the blender for a fruit smoothie. If you’re tempted to make a poor choice, stop and think how you’ll feel after the meal. Five extra minutes could get you a meal that will give you energy all night long, instead of heartburn.

The biggest part of eating healthy is really changing your attitude about healthy foods. You don’t have to waste time to prepare them; they don’t have to taste bad. You don’t have to buy sneaky substitutes and follow “weird” recipes like you see on TV. Eating healthy is much simpler than that. Eat fresh, basic foods and you won’t go wrong. And the more you eat healthy foods, the more your cravings (and even tolerance!) for the heavier, fattier foods will disappear. You’ll want far less of them than you used to. You’ll also feel better. And then, you can even indulge! Have a cookie if you want one (one, not ten). Get a scoop of ice cream (not a monster sundae). A little indulgence and a lot of healthy eating will leave you feeling great, and you’ll lose weight and/or reshape your body even if you don’t exercise (although you should, and eating well will leave you more motivated to do that).

Get your attitude towards food turned around, and you’ll start a lifetime pattern of healthy eating.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: how to change your attitude towards food

good post- I started my diet in mid-Dec and I still have very bad cravings for sweets and fast food unfortunately my self control is not good enough yet to cheat a little here and there- so as of now----NO SWEETS for me!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGMOFO is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 31.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: how to change your attitude towards food

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

GOOD READ. IT IS HARD TO EAT RIGHT WHEN IN A HURRY! PLANNING IS A BIG KEY!!!

ATTITUDES ARE CONTAGIOUS, MINE MIGHT KILL YOU!

"Goals are Dreams with Deadlines!"

Note: All of my advice and posts are merely for educational purposes I do not condone the use of steroids or any other illegal drugs. I am no doctor and my advice should be taken with a grain of salt, just like everyone else's hypothetical advice.