• Join Us!
  • I'm a bank
  • I'm a bank
  • I'm a bank
  • I'm a bank
  • I'm a bank
  • I'm a bank
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I'm a bank

Stout1 is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 62
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default I'm a bank

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • I'm a bank
      • I'm a bank

• I'm a bank
      • I'm a bank
      • I'm a bank
      • I'm a bank
      • I'm a bank
      • I'm a bank
      www.stltoday.com

Good morning. I have a brief announcement: As of today, I am a bank.

Now I'll take your questions.

What do you mean, you're a bank? You're a newspaper schlub.

Not any more. I have filed for permission to reclassify myself as a bank. Or a bank holding company. I haven't decided, mainly because I'm not sure what the difference is.

You can't be a bank. You don't have any money.

Why do you think I've decided to become a bank? If you're a bank, you can get free money from the feds. I quote the Tuesday edition of The New York Times:

"Under the terms of the $250 billion capital purchase program announced last month, cash infusions are available to 'qualifying U.S. banks, savings associations and certain bank and savings and loan holding companies, engaged only in financial activities. That definition has grown to include private banks and insurers like Allstate and MetLife, which own savings and loans. It may also encompass industrial lenders like GE Capital and GMAC, the financing arm of General Motors, provided they win approval to reclassify themselves as a bank or savings and loan holding company."

See, Allstate and MetLife changed themselves into banks. GE Capital and GMAC turned themselves into banks. American Express turned itself into a bank holding company. Therefore, I, too, am a bank.

But you're not "engaged only in financial activities" like it says in The Times.

I could be. In fact, I am, now that I'm a bank. I write for money, which makes writing a financial activity. Therefore, I see no reason why I shouldn't be classified as a bank.

Since you're a bank, could I get a loan?

No.

Aren't banks supposed to make loans?

Where have you been? The reason the economy is so sluggish is that banks won't make loans any more. Loans are, like, so totally last year. Banks sit on their money, which is what I plan to do as soon as I get my $500 million or so from the feds. I'm going to sit on it, or possibly invest in curios from the Franklin Mint.

Will you be issuing credit cards?

You bet. Credit cards are like gold. I borrow money from the feds at 1 to 2 percent; I give you a credit card at 22 percent. Even if you default after a few months, I'm way ahead. You bet. Credit cards are part of my plan.

What about debit cards?

Sure, no problem. It lets you have easy access to your money, and lets me have $2 or so every time you want it. Also, should you happen to overdraw your account, I can easily fine you $35 or so and take it right out of your account. Same with checking. You give me your dough, I pay you squat and I make a fortune in fines.

Here's another thing I'll do: I'll put your balance online, but I'll hold back all your ATM transactions until I'm pretty sure you don't know that you're about to be overdrawn, and then I'll sequence them so that I can get a $35 overdraft charge for each one. Banking is about the fees, man.

Will you have a lobby with friendly tellers?

Not if I can help it. Real estate and tellers are expensive. No, I'm going with machines, which I will buy with my money from the feds, only I won't pay cash. I'll have a few people around — computer guys, credit card harassment people — but I want to avoid people as much as possible.

You're going to need customers.

No, I just need their money. I don't see banking as a people business. I'm not going to be one of those "have a free toaster" kind of banks. You want a calendar, go to Office Depot.

What about shareholders?

Let them be their own banks. I don't need investors, I've got Hank Paulson, the Treasury secretary, and the guys at TARP, the Troubled Assets Recovery Program. I've got Congress and President Bush and President-elect Obama. They're counting on me, and I won't let them down.

So you'll be re-working mortgages?

Mortgages? Mortgages are loans, and I don't make loans. You saw what happened when banks made mortgage loans. No, I'm a safe, conservative bank. I sit on my money.

If you get money from TARP, they may expect you to make loans.

Not based on what I've seen so far.

Fine. You're a bank. May I keep this pen?

No.
      Thomas Jefferson - "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: I'm a bank

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • I'm a bank
      • I'm a bank

• I'm a bank
      • I'm a bank
      • I'm a bank
      • I'm a bank
      • I'm a bank
      • I'm a bank
      can I have a loan
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/