• Join Us!
  • Faber is ready to fight!!!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Faber is ready to fight!!!

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default Faber is ready to fight!!!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

For World Extreme Cagefighting featherweight champion, Urijah Faber, the cancellation of the September event due to a pending hurricane in Florida didn’t throw him off his game, or make the strategy for fighting Mike Brown any different. It just made him hungrier.

The top 145lb fighter in the world has long been known for his intensive training regimen and desire to fight, but to say that he’s more prepared for the fight would be wrong, he’s just better all around now.

“In between fights I have more and more time to pack in some information, so I think I’m probably a better fighter, but not necessarily more prepared to fight,” Faber told MMAWeekly Radio recently. “I’m always prepared to fight.”

That preparation has become world famous as he trains as hard as anybody in the business, but the cancellation of the September show he was originally supposed to fight on didn’t cause him physical anguish as much as financial strain.

"For me, it wasn't too much of a big deal. I don't cut a lot of weight to make 145. I have a little bit of a peaking process, but most of the time I'm training anyway. So, the hardest part was on my bank account because I was expecting a big payday,” said Faber. “Other than that I love fighting and having to wait a little longer wasn't too bad for me. I just re-setup my training to draw it out a little bit longer. I wanted to fight, but it was okay to wait for me."

Never one to overlook an opponent, Faber is very adept to breaking down his opponent’s skills and weaknesses and looks forward to a big fight this Wednesday night.

“He’s just as dangerous as anybody I’ve fought,” Faber stated about Mike Brown. “He’s very, very well rounded. He doesn’t mind striking, I watched the fight with Yves Edwards and he did some stand up with Yves, who’s a real stand-up guy. He’s submitted a lot of good guys, he wrestled in college, so the guy is all around a tough guy and I think it’s going to be a good fight, but I just plan on coming out on top.”

With the WEC adding more and more top featherweights on seemingly a daily basis, Faber could easily look past this fight and towards the future, but while he respects all the competition out there, he’s focused on this fight and then he’ll worry about the beyond.

“I think, for me, it's an opportunity of a lifetime also. My career is still young. Although I've had a lot of exposure thus far, I plan on doing bigger things in the sport. So, every time I go out there and fight it's a big opportunity for myself as well,” commented Faber. “I know all these guys are tough. It's basically the combination of loving what I'm doing and understanding that it's always something that can be taken away from me as far as being a champion if I let myself slip. That's something I don't like to really focus on.”

“I just try to focus on the fact that I love this sport and I want to go out there and fight. It's not in my nature to let myself get beat up. And I feel like I've done my part to prepare. It's a win-win for me as well."

Faber finished up his camp last week before traveling to New York City for a brief media tour before heading to Florida before the weekend to finalize his preparation for Mike Brown.

The two featherweights will finally clash on Nov 5 as the WEC invades Florida for the first time ever.
      I have been waiting to watch him fight again for a while. This will be a very good fight!!!
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

Doink the clown is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 321
      Overall activity: 16.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Faber is ready to fight!!!

He's got alot of pop for a little guy.

jipped genes is offline VET
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Faber is ready to fight!!!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

mike brown is very explosive but can he keep it up? faber can................
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe