• Join Us!
  • what to do?....
  • what to do?....
  • what to do?....
  • what to do?....
  • what to do?....
  • what to do?....
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: what to do?....

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default what to do?....

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • what to do?....
      • what to do?....

• what to do?....
      • what to do?....
      • what to do?....
      • what to do?....
      • what to do?....
      • what to do?....
      well...i figured it would be easy for me to find "a job". i do have a great rep and know alot of people in the autosales biz. but, not alot of unit selling these days. i've had more than a few offer for sales. i have a buddy that buying a chevy store about 30mins north of me. he's about 60days away from locking it up and dont have nothing for me until it's done. even after the deals done, i dont know wether he wants me to go up there (not thinking so) or run his independant, which is right here in town. he's up in the air about what to do with me...i can do whatever. on top of that, he's 60days away, and while he cant afford to pay me right now to wait, he dont want to risk me finding another gig...once i land, i'm loyal to THAT house! he's offered me his check book to buy ans wholesale some units to make a few bucks while i wait, but again...not alot of buyers out there, no matter how much they like me. i dont know what to do. i need and income.
      on top of that, his partner, a real respected member of our industry (sales management) has a consulting gig for another store about 15-20mins from home. he wants me to come in there and help get it going, selling...no salary, but i get insurance and a demo. then, when he leaves to run the chevy dealer, he's sure they will want me to stay on and manage!! he also wants me to go with them, but he's fine either way...he's just showing me another option. WTF to do??!!! i really dont KNOW what i want to do!!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: what to do?....

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      well...i figured it would be easy for me to find "a job". i do have a great rep and know alot of people in the autosales biz. but, not alot of unit selling these days. i've had more than a few offer for sales. i have a buddy that buying a chevy store about 30mins north of me. he's about 60days away from locking it up and dont have nothing for me until it's done. even after the deals done, i dont know wether he wants me to go up there (not thinking so) or run his independant, which is right here in town. he's up in the air about what to do with me...i can do whatever. on top of that, he's 60days away, and while he cant afford to pay me right now to wait, he dont want to risk me finding another gig...once i land, i'm loyal to THAT house! he's offered me his check book to buy ans wholesale some units to make a few bucks while i wait, but again...not alot of buyers out there, no matter how much they like me. i dont know what to do. i need and income.
      on top of that, his partner, a real respected member of our industry (sales management) has a consulting gig for another store about 15-20mins from home. he wants me to come in there and help get it going, selling...no salary, but i get insurance and a demo. then, when he leaves to run the chevy dealer, he's sure they will want me to stay on and manage!! he also wants me to go with them, but he's fine either way...he's just showing me another option. WTF to do??!!! i really dont KNOW what i want to do!!

I am sorry that you are going through this dave. You must be so overwhelmed. All I can say is to go with your gut instinct when you are deciding. If you are getting unemployemnt, maybe the offer that gives you insurance and a demo would be good for you now until something else comes up. Try to keep positive, and I know it is hard, but things will get better.
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

I don't know what to tell ya. Of coarse the biz won't stay down forever. I was talking with a lot owner that has a few lots scattered up the east coast, more than a few if you include his son's lots too, but the buzz around the car biz is that 20% of the lots will be closing shop. He thinks that if this happens that it may help those that stay open. I know that his lots aren't paying for themselves right now, and haven't been for several months now. He said he can keep floating the boat like this thru spring. It's tough times in the car biz, but I know I don't have to tell you that. You're right in the heart of the heart-ache. And like baby1 said, go with your gut. Whatever can put some numbers on your side the soonest might be the best thing for right now. Your loyalty is awesome, but you know the car biz and how 'loyalty' ranks with everybody. Not meaning your loyalty, but you might not find that same loyalty from those that you're being true to. Just look out for #1.
      1 up

Go Gators

Doink the clown is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 321
      Overall activity: 16.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I'm with you bro, I work for Ford and after what i was reading yesterday about them saying the worst months are yet to come, it looks ugly.You know as well as i do when they offer zero % financing w/6,000 off and still get no buyers we are in trouble.

dixiechick
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

It always though when you got to make a decision like that. Have you tried the old stand-by write down the advantages and disadvantages on paper? Sometimes it helps to see it in writing. You can always just listen to your gut instinct and go with it. Either way... these things always work out.

At least you are getting some offers...

Good luck!!! I hope which ever one you pick works out for you!

Scalleywag is offline Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

My advice would be to do want you need to do to put food on your table for the next few months. i understand that loyalty is a great thing but ANYONE would understand when you are doing whats best for your family.

It looks like a tough decision but you are the type of guy that will always land on your feet so whatever decision you make something good is going to come out of it. I'm thankful that you have options!

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • what to do?....
      • what to do?....

• what to do?....
      • what to do?....
      • what to do?....
      • what to do?....
      • what to do?....
      • what to do?....
      thanks guys...i REALLY dont know where to go or what to do...i'm sure part of the prob. is this shyt at the school JUST WONT FUKIN END!!!!!!! it's draging on forever. but, like doink said....auto comp's are GIVING cars away and having a hard time finding takers...and no-one throwing a salary at me, so i gotta rely on my smarts 100% for a check with no safty net....i gotta think
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...