• Join Us!
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let’s talk Issues: Obama on Education

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Let’s talk Issues: Obama on Education

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

this is friggin horrible to teach sex education to kidergardeners

Let’s talk Issues: Obama on Education

Some of our liberal friends have been getting a bit defensive lately. As they watch Obama’s lead in the polls slide in states where it was solid a few weeks ago and Sarah Palin arrives to give real change to voters hungering for an authentic, fresh face the Obamatons are trying to change the subject.

They’re squealing like stuck pigs (lipstick or not) that we should be talking about the issues.

O.K. after reading Obama’s acceptance speech in Denver where he used the word “promise” more times than any other it was hard to find any specifics on what Obama has done on issues like education and what he would do. Vague statements like: “our moral obligation to provide every child a world-class education,” doesn’t cut it.

So, let’s take a closer look at the Obama record on education:

Sex education for kindergartners who haven’t yet learned to read? Is that the kind of “change” we need?
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Let’s talk Issues: Obama on Education

Another argument against public schools. Let him send his kid to the Karma Sutra Kindergarten. Privatize.

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

ok this is a mccain ad....
      holds no water....
      show me documentation and i'll give it a second look...
      HERES AN IDEA....GET THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OUT OF THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM FOR A START!!!!!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by straydoglogic View Post
      GET THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OUT OF THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM FOR A START!!!!!
      NOW THATS CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN.....

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

ok this is a mccain ad....
      holds no water....
      show me documentation and i'll give it a second look...
      HERES AN IDEA....GET THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OUT OF THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM FOR A START!!!!!

OH LIKE ANY OF YOURS HOLD WATER

DO A SEARCH FOR OBAMA ON SEX EDUCATION FOR KINDERGARDENERS AND YOU WILL FIND A SHIIT LOAD OF STUFF
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

fuzo most of my posts hold water because they come from actual sources..not campaign ads...and i dont need to do a google search on obama and sex ed cuz i didnt defend him...i stated my view on education is all..

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

fuzo most of my posts hold water because they come from actual sources..not campaign ads...and i dont need to do a google search on obama and sex ed cuz i didnt defend him...i stated my view on education is all..
      THE COME FROM THE LIBERAL BLOGGERS LIBERAL SITES THAT LIE .EITHER GET IT RIGHT FROM A 100% LEGIT SOURCE AND FIND THE CORRECT INFO. AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION LIKE ITS BEEN SAID FROM YOUR LIBERAL FRIEND ANDERSON COOPER FROM CNN THAT SARA ENDORSED WHEN IT FIRST STARTED AND IT SEEMED LIKE A GREAT IDEA BUT WHEN SHE FOUND OUT THERE WAS TROUBLE WITH IT AND STEALING WAS GOING ON SHE TOOK IT DOWN AND PEOPLE WENT TO JAIL. HE SAID SHE WAS FOUND INNOCENT AND DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

a legit source like who...faux news?..and just for your info..i dont like anderson cooper...
      and i dont get info from bloggers if i can help it..they are just people writing shyte..you will never accept any information as fact if it shows mccain or palin in a negative light..it has to be liberal lies or something...thats fine...it still makes for good conversation...lol

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

alan keyes ran this ad in 04 in his senate race against obie, it was debunked then as 100& false

yet, was does mccain care, he and his rove boys are lying so much about so many things imho it questions his integrigy in my book

he looks more and more like bill clinton everyday, zero scruples, zero

he is the one who will say or do anything to get elected

why, cause imho in his heart of heats he believes he is the savior of america

megalomaniac

Stout1 is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 62
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I thought George Bush was the meglamomaniac........at least per Incubus?
      Thomas Jefferson - "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."

Stout1 is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 62
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post

Some of our liberal friends have been getting a bit defensive lately. As they watch Obama’s lead in the polls slide in states where it was solid a few weeks ago and Sarah Palin arrives to give real change to voters hungering for an authentic, fresh face the Obamatons are trying to change the subject.

They’re squealing like stuck pigs (lipstick or not) that we should be talking about the issues.

O.K. after reading Obama’s acceptance speech in Denver where he used the word “promise” more times than any other it was hard to find any specifics on what Obama has done on issues like education and what he would do. Vague statements like: “our moral obligation to provide every child a world-class education,” doesn’t cut it.

Sex education for kindergartners who haven’t yet learned to read? Is that the kind of “change” we need?

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/11/us...c71&ei=5087%0A

Ad on Sex Education Distorts Obama Policy

Escalating its efforts to portray Senator Barack Obama as a candidate whose values fall outside the mainstream, the campaign of Senator John McCain on Tuesday unveiled a new television advertisement claiming that Mr. Obama, the Democratic nominee, favors “comprehensive sex education” for kindergarten students.

read?” the narrator asks in the 30-second advertisement, which the campaign says will be shown in battleground states and on national cable. The commercial also asserts that a sex-education bill introduced in Illinois, which Mr. Obama did not sponsor and which never became law, is his “one accomplishment” in the field of education.

Both sets of accusations, however, seriously distort the record.
      The original controversy dates to 2003, when a bill to modify the teaching of sex education in Illinois was introduced in the Legislature. The proposal was supported by a coalition of education and public health organizations, including the Illinois Parent Teacher Association, the Illinois State Medical Society, the Illinois Public Health Association and the Illinois Education Association.

Mr. Obama voted for the bill in committee, where it passed, but it never came to a full and final vote. The proposal called for “age and developmentally appropriate” sex education and also allowed parents the option of withdrawing their children from such classroom instruction if they felt that it clashed with their beliefs or values.

In referring to the sex-education bill, the McCain campaign is largely recycling old and discredited accusations made against Mr. Obama by Alan Keyes in their 2004 Senate race. At that time, Mr. Obama stated that he understood the main objective of the legislation, as it pertained to kindergarteners, to be to teach them how to defend themselves against sexual predators.

“I have a 6-year-old daughter and a 3-year-old daughter, and one of the things my wife and I talked to our daughter about is the possibility of somebody touching them inappropriately, and what that might mean,” Mr. Obama said in 2004. “And that was included specifically in the law, so that kindergarteners are able to exercise some possible protection against abuse, because I have family members as well as friends who suffered abuse at that age.”

It is a misstatement of the bill’s purpose, therefore, to maintain, as the McCain campaign advertisement does, that Mr. Obama favored conventional sex education as a policy for 5-year-olds. Under the Illinois proposal, “medically accurate” education about more complicated topics, including intercourse, contraception and homosexuality, would have been reserved for older students in higher grades.

The advertisement, then, also misrepresents what the bill meant by “comprehensive.” The instruction the bill required was comprehensive in that it called for a curriculum that went from kindergarten and through high school, not in the sense that kindergarteners would have been fully exposed to the entire gamut of sex-related issues.

In another part of the advertisement, Mr. McCain maintains that Mr. Obama’s sole achievement in education was the sex-education bill. In reality, Mr. Obama not only helped administer a $49 million education project in Chicago in the 1990s, but also sponsored or co-sponsored measures that increased the number of charter schools in Illinois, and expanded federal grants to summer school programs and to historically black colleges.

As support for its contention that Mr. Obama is “wrong on education,” Mr. McCain’s advertisement cited criticism by Education Week, a trade publication. Mr. Obama “hasn’t made a significant mark on education” in his years in the Senate in Illinois and Washington, the advertisement asserts.

Education Week did indeed make that assessment in an article published last year. But in the same paragraph, the magazine also said that Mr. Obama “did promote early-childhood initiatives that advocates considered “innovative and progressive,” and also noted that “his biggest accomplishment in the field was the creation of a state board to oversee the expansion of early-childhood education in the state.”
      The same publication has also criticized Mr. McCain, in language that was perhaps even stronger. Early this year, in an article titled “John McCain Where Art Thou?” it complained that he offered “a laundry list of fairly vague answers” on how to improve schools and did not make education a priority.

“McCain is a campaign-finance, foreign-relations, anti-abortion, tax-cut candidate,” the magazine said. “Education is not his thing. Depending on your perspective, McCain’s relative silence on education may be a good thing. If you think the federal government has grossly overreached into the state business of education, then he may be your guy.”
      The Obama campaign expressed outrage over the commercial, with Bill Burton, a spokesman, describing it as “shameful and downright perverse.”
      But Tucker Bounds, a spokesman for the McCain campaign, said, “the Obama campaign did not and cannot dispute a shred of the content in the ad.”
      Thomas Jefferson - "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

a legit source like who...faux news?..and just for your info..i dont like anderson cooper...
      and i dont get info from bloggers if i can help it..they are just people writing shyte..you will never accept any information as fact if it shows mccain or palin in a negative light..it has to be liberal lies or something...thats fine...it still makes for good conversation...lol

YOUR GONNA POST SHIIT ABOUT THE BRIDGE TO NOWHERE WHICH WASNT TRUE YET YOU POST IT. WHY BECAUSE YOU GOT IT FROM SOME KIND OF LIBERAL SITE.AND YOU DO SAY THAT YOU DO GET STUFF FROM BLOGGERS BUT IF YOU CAN AVOID IT SO YOU DO SOMETIMES.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

bro its on video...are they fakes?
      it is true that she supported it...its on tape on record and people from her own town back it up...
      i dot care either way...but you cant just pick and choose reality...you throw the term liberal out in just about every post i make about mccain or palin..not all conservatives back them..no politician is perfect....

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

YOU SAID THAT SHE SUPPORTED THE BRIDGE TO NOWHERE SO BACK UP YOUR FACTS AND POST THE ENTIRE TRUTH ON IT NOT JUST BITS AND PEICES LIKE YOU HAVE DONE.AND THE VIDEOS YOU GET MAYBE FROM YOUTUBE BUT THE CONTENT ON THEM ARE FROM LIBERAL PEOPLE PREACHING THE LIBERAL SHIT AND YOU POST IT. JUST LIKE YOU POSTED KEITH OBERMAN TODAY A HUGE LIBERAL THAT JUST BASHES MCCAIN AND PALIN EVRYTINE HE GETS. SO GO FIND SOME NON LIBERAL RELATED CONTENT WHEN IT COMES TO MCCAIN AND PALIN AND THEN POST IT. YOUR NEWS WITH THE WASHINGTON POST,NEW YORK TIMES,HUFFINGTON POST WHY DO YOU USE THAT SHIIT KNOWING THAT THEY ARE ALL LIBRAL NEWS PAPERS AND GO ALONG WITH THE LIBERAL HATRED BLOGS

Phreak is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 157
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post

fuzo, don't buy into this partisan bullshit.

The original controversy dates to 2003, when a bill to modify the teaching of sex education in Illinois was introduced in the Legislature. The proposal was supported by a coalition of education and public health organizations, including the Illinois Parent Teacher Association, the Illinois State Medical Society, the Illinois Public Health Association and the Illinois Education Association.

Mr. Obama voted for the bill in committee, where it passed, but it never came to a full and final vote. The proposal called for “age and developmentally appropriate” sex education and also allowed parents the option of withdrawing their children from such classroom instruction if they felt that it clashed with their beliefs or values.

...do you guys really think the Illinois PTA, State Medical Society, Public Health Association and Illinois Education Association want to teach kindergarteners how to bang doggystyle?

the bill was designed to protect children from sexual predators by teaching them the realities of human sexual relations.

but, of course, the karl rove political machine spins the hell out of it, and you buy into it hook, line and sinker.

these are partisan political games that we should all be used to during the election season.

stop listening to the fringes of the political spectrum (whether right or left) and cut through the bullshit. you WILL NOT get a straight perspective from the mainstream media or the fringe runners.
      so fresh and so clean clean