• Join Us!
  • Some Intenisty Techniques
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Some Intenisty Techniques

FUZO is online now FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Some Intenisty Techniques

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Some Intenisty Techniques

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I am not the well spoken individual **** is I tend to write some small articles myself. This is a post I wrote up about some of my favorite change ups in training to spark life back into the training routine when it has become stale and gains grind to a halt.

I have been lifting for almost 19 years now...when I first started it was learning the exercises that best suited each bodypart. As most trainees evolve and grow in their training intensity and learn how to use new techniques to bring on a little more growth, they usually employ some of the training techniques that I am going to outline here.
      Variety is the spice of life and the cliche of "it all works...just not for long" or "mixed up is just right" are so true when dealing with the homeostatic responses to training with regards to the human body.

STRAIGHT- SETS-

Well I think most of us know what that is- vanilla- the base of training. Sets per exercise reps per set.
      E.g. 3 sets of Bench press x 10 reps.

DROP SETS- When reaching the failure point with a given exercise, dropping down and continuing the set with a lower weight around 30% less than the weight that you were using. This is one of my favorites for really hitting those deeper fibers and getting a pump.

REST PAUSE- While performing your set continue to failure- stop the set for 10 seconds and then continue immediately again with the same weight for as many more reps as you can get. Jay Cutler does these alot - he calls them DROP SETS- but really it is rest pause.

SUPERSETS- There are 2 kinds of supersets- this one will deal with the same body part but finishing one exercise for a bodypart then immediately doing another.
      E.G hitting a set of barbell curls then going and grabbing a pair of dumbells and doing hammer curls.

SUPERSETS ANTAGONISTIC- Same as reg supersets but you will be doing opposing muscle groups- E.G. Bis and Tris- set of curls followed by a set of tricep pushdowns. This is another favorite of mine especially with arms - great pump.

TRI SETS- This is the same as a superset but it will involve 3 back to back to back ecercises. Talk about intense! You need to be prepared for these.

GIANT SETS- This is the same as Tri Sets but its 4 back to back exercises- this is the grand daddy of intensity and stamina- wouldnt do these but so often as they are extremely taxing and over use of this technique will quickly lead to burn out.

RUNNING THE RACK- Dumbell training- much like a drop set but you will continue with curls or presses from the weights at one end (heavy) down to the other end of the rack (light) this is a killer for really blasting a stubborn body part.

FORCED REPS- Nothing like a little help from a friend- have your partner assist you a tad in getting a few more reps you would not be able to get on your own- one of the oldest TTT techniques.

3 SECOND HOLDS- this is great on improving the bench press or shoulder press but can be done for other exercises- with flat dumbell press find the dumbells that are close to 40% of your max- drop down and slowly bring the dumbells down to the bottom of the movement- now hold it for a 1-1000 2-1000 3-1000 count and explode back up- great for working weakest range of motion and improving the synergistic muscles that assist with the lift- you will have a hard time getting 10 reps.

HALF REPS-Many people preach full range of motion. I am a believer in it as well- but when trying to break strength barriers you need to start somewhere half reps are a great way of acclamating the muscle to a higher load and then eventaully bringing the new load to a point of full range...you have to start somewhere.

STATIC HOLDS- This is simple hold the weight at a fully contracted point as long as you can until the muscle fails- this is a real killer but it is another stimulus the muscles and nervous system have never seen.

LOAD CHANGE- If you are in a rut and have been training heavy- try to use light weights and high reps for a bit- muscles contain BOTH red and white fibers make sure to train them both for overall growth- and likewise if its always high resps then maybe its time for some bone crushing weight and low reps.

PRE-EXHAUST- this is a great technique- it is simple- hit the muscle group with an isolation exercise first and then train it with the compound exercises behind it. You will really have to go lighter on the compound exercises but its a killer stimulus.
      E.G. Leg extensions for 3 sets then Squats- Leg press and Lunges. You will be amazed at the pumps this gives and the soreness the next few days.

HIGH VOLUME- Nothing like 35 sets on back day...Give this a try every once in a while- sometimes more can be better-use this technique sparingly as it will most definitely lead to overtraining and injury if over used- just add a couple extra sets to each exercise and do the marathon lift.
      Soreness galore so be prepared.

SHORTER REST- if you really want to crank up some calorie burning and test yourself use shorter intervals of rest between sets- you may find your not as strong for the subsequent sets but you really burn extra cals this way and boost the metabolism - and the pumps are insane.

Well those are some of my favorites- how bout adding any you have used that I may not have heard of or forgot too mention.
      Good training and get your grow on.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Some Intenisty Techniques

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

man thats so right. Right there a person has enough techniques to keep changing things up...variety is the spice of life......today I got up on the dip bars and did little short 4 inch reps until my tris were on fire...cool..thanks.