• Join Us!
  • Penn to 170 Regardless of UFC 87 Outcome
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Penn to 170 Regardless of UFC 87 Outcome

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default Penn to 170 Regardless of UFC 87 Outcome

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Georges St-Pierre and BJ Penn first fought at UFC 58, more than two years ago. Penn dominated the first round but lost a close split decision to the Canadian mixed martial arts superstar. Penn confirmed to MMAWeekly that he expects to be back in the octagon in Dec. against the winner of St-Peirre and Jon Fitch at UFC 87. But UFC president Dana White is not so sure.

"I don't think he'll get the winner of Fitch and GSP, said the UFC president. "He wants to fight GSP if GSP wins the title. GSP has a win over him. He wants to try to beat GSP. I don't think he'd move up if Fitch won."

Penn disagrees, commenting, "I'd feel okay facing anyone for the welterweight title."

"Jon Fitch is a great opponent, a tough opponent, but St. Pierre brings the whole backing of Canada with him to a fight," stated Penn. "Fan base, this sport, it's entertainment. It would be great to put on a big fight with me and St-Pierre, but then again, it’s about me fighting the best fighter and if Fitch goes down and proves he’s the best fighter, then he’s the man.”

Penn recently told MMAWeekly.com that he wants to bounce back and forth between the 170 and 155 pound weight divisions. "I'd like to fight welterweight and lightweight at the same time if I could," said the former welterweight champion.

"I'm moving up to the welterweight division and moving down to defend the lightweight title," stated the UFC lightweight titleholder.

Penn expects his next fight to be at welterweight and to be against the winner of St-Pierre and Fitch. "I'm looking at the Florian/Huerta fight and I'm also looking and the Georges St-Pierre/Jon Fitch fight," stated the Hawaiian fighter.
      This means a lot of good fights for Penn
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

Schiznick is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 49
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Penn to 170 Regardless of UFC 87 Outcome

KenFlo would whooop his a$$!!!!
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"...................Benjamin Franklin

schiznick13@yahoo.com

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

KenFlo?? HAHAHA!!! He will be lucky to get past Huerta

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Now I see where you are coming from...you are just a Penn hater. It all makes sense now.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by tn94z View Post
      Now I see where you are coming from...you are just a Penn hater. It all makes sense now.
      no, thats not true at all... Florian will kick Huerta's butt... Im not a Penn hater, I just cant stand it when all these people put him up there like he's the best ever... i just dont think he deserves THAT much credit
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"...................Benjamin Franklin

schiznick13@yahoo.com

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

I am a huge Penn fan and I am not going to sit here and say that he is the best ever. But I do think that "P4P" he is in the top 5 right now. i think that right now Anderson Silva is at the top.

Also, I want Florian to win because I like him too. I just think that Huerta will over power him. That is unless Florian cuts Huerta. We will see...that is going to be a hell of a fight.

And I really can't see any way that Florian could beat BJ. BJ has better standup, better wrestling, more strength, and he is better on the ground with a chin that is just as good or better.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I dont think BJ has better stan-up then Florian... ill give him BJJ and wrestling, but if it stays stand up, I think Florian wins that fight easily,... i think that is BJ's weakness, put him up against a great stand up fighter and I think he will be in trouble

schiznick13@yahoo.com

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

In the old days yeah..his boxing is alot better now that it was. Stevenson had descent standup as did Sherk. Pulver has good standup. BJ beat all of them in stand up fights. Din Thomas has good stand up and BJ beat him. Florian has descent stand up but its not great. He doesn't have great stand up.

The top guys that Florian has fought are Din Thomas, Sherk, and Diego Sanchez and he lost to Sherk and Sanchez. BJ has fought Stevenson, Sherk ,Pulver, Hughes, Caol Uno, Thomas, and that doesn't count Machida and heavier guys that he has fought. Bj is 14-4-1 and Florian is 9-3-0. Pretty similar records, but a different class of fighters.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

SHIZ MY GOD BJ IS THE CHAMP A COUPLE TIMES ALREADY HE HAS STOOD UP WITH THE BEST BEFORE AND NOW .

.J. Penn debuted in the UFC and was billed as a jiu-jitsu prodigy, something that we all knew he was. B.J. didn’t even finish an opponent with a submission in his first stint in the UFC. Instead, he made everyone in the division respect the power of his strikes when he knocked out Caol Uno, Din Thomas and Joey Gilbert, fighters who he was expected to work to the ground and submit. I'M GONNA HAVE TO AGREE THAT I JUST THINK YOU HATE BJ. I DONT KNOW ANYONE THAT HATES BJ

J. Penn. Penn is considered to most, to be the greatest American practitioner of Ju Jitsu (possibly ever). His amazing flexibility allows him to snake away from opponents and place his limbs in abnormal positions and keep him in control on the ground. Many fighters claim that they can finish a fight from any position; Penn is surely one of them! His highly underrated standup game could pose problems for anyone. He throws bombs and can knock an opponent out if he can’t get them to the ground. His only true weakness comes in the terms of his heart. He is known to gas early and under train for fights. It is said that early in his career, his conditioning workouts were surfing. Aloha means hello and aloha means goodbye, Penn could be saying aloha to his title in his next fight which is against Sean “The Muscle Shark”, Sherk. Matchups make fights and this could be the wrong time to go swimming. The muscle shark will look to test Penn’s conditioning, and will probably come at Penn 110% from bell to bell. This could mean bad things are on the horizon for this Hawaiian hero.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I think it would be a **** good fight no matter what... I honestly think Florian got kind of screwed on his title shot against Sherk...Sherk was cut up BAD, im sure you remember it, he was a bloody mess... anyway, when he was on top he was bleeding all over Florian and it was getting in HIS face and affecting his fight.. i think when someone has a cut like that and they are bleeding all over the opponent like that affecting their game, then I think the ref should at minimum be standing them up and letting the guy clean the blood off

schiznick13@yahoo.com

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Florian is a dirty fighter....what I mean is he goes for the cuts first thing. So if he was getting a little blood in his eyes then that was his fault. Thats just part of the game. Having the blood on you like that can be an advantage for Florian too....it makes hims slippery and easier to slip in submissions.

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Im glad that'll be pretty cool ...and sorry bro haha KenFlo will get utterly destroyed by Penn. But hey I like KenFlo and I think he IS the favorite against Huerta. And I know that I think Penn is one of the greatest because for one ...he is the ONLY person to go UP in weight and win the title as well as having had the title at his weight class (couture won it 2 but came down) That is incredible to me...He is an all around fighter and was the fastest american EVER to get a Black Belt in Ju-Jitsu...Beat Gomi at 155...controversial loss to GSP..I think he is one of the greats maybe just my style of fighting...To each his own tho I guess