• Join Us!
  • Just Some Thinking
  • Just Some Thinking
  • Just Some Thinking
  • Just Some Thinking
  • Just Some Thinking
  • Just Some Thinking
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Just Some Thinking

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Just Some Thinking

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Just Some Thinking
      • Just Some Thinking

• Just Some Thinking
      • Just Some Thinking
      • Just Some Thinking
      • Just Some Thinking
      • Just Some Thinking
      • Just Some Thinking
      We here over and over and over, we don't know obie, that's a general theme on many boards, threads, talk shows.

So, is it we really don't know obie, or we don't know any great black leaders............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I was thinking to myself what black leaders to i have mucho respect for.

Colin Powell, at da top, i've read 3 books on em

King..........well i use him alot in my teachings, and not anywhere near for what u guys would think, i don't even see so much as see him as a leader as having the right vision at the right time and why it worked, what was different about it

I'm not saying anyone is racial in any way, it's just a comparison, we know tons of white old guy leaders, and in a certain way we feel comortable with them.

we've had good ones bad ones, average ones, great ones, yet, few have been whack jobs

which leads us too how many black leaders just come across and leave the impression as whacky, well, i don't have to name em, we all know em

i'm not even saying guilt by association, i'm just saying that if u think about it people's perceptions about him being risky are somewhat justified

see i'm an equal opportunity obsever,lol

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Just Some Thinking

Trust what you see at other places its we dont know obama
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

heck, most people don't even know themselves

what do u feel u would need to know the guy

in general most folks need tiiiiiiiimmmmmeee

i've been watching him since 04, as i've said many times, so i have a different point of view

back to the point what do u need too know

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

oh, fwiw, i trust few, i do my own research and my own thinking, it has worked so well my whole life, i plan on doing the rest of my life

as dr. phile would say, how is that working

pretty good phil, pretty good, i tried it, i liked it

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

I was watching some old speeches yesterday of MLK and was completely blown away by the man. His charisma, intellect, vision, compassion...He had a powerful presence, yet there was a sincerity and humility about him that made him very appealing. If he were alive today, his impact would be enormous. What is funny is how many people still talk about him as a radical, racist, white hating, violent militant. Growing up in a Southern Confederate family tree , I was taught that MLK was a very bad person and dirty rotten communist Ni**er. After seeing this video, I have a newfound appreciation for the man. Wish he was here today. Hard not to respect and admire him when you really watch and listen to his messages. Nobody speaks that way anymore. Obie has a long way to go to be mentioned in the same sentence as MLK. I dont think he will ever be mentioned in the same light. How times have changed!

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by trip View Post
      We here over and over and over, we don't know obie, that's a general theme on many boards, threads, talk shows.

So, is it we really don't know obie, or we don't know any great black leaders............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I was thinking to myself what black leaders to i have mucho respect for.

Colin Powell, at da top, i've read 3 books on em

King..........well i use him alot in my teachings, and not anywhere near for what u guys would think, i don't even see so much as see him as a leader as having the right vision at the right time and why it worked, what was different about it

I'm not saying anyone is racial in any way, it's just a comparison, we know tons of white old guy leaders, and in a certain way we feel comortable with them.

we've had good ones bad ones, average ones, great ones, yet, few have been whack jobs

which leads us too how many black leaders just come across and leave the impression as whacky, well, i don't have to name em, we all know em

i'm not even saying guilt by association, i'm just saying that if u think about it people's perceptions about him being risky are somewhat justified

see i'm an equal opportunity obsever,lol

My perspective is we know enough of Obama's (Obie) character and ideology but we don't know how that is exactly going to impact his policies because he was only in the senate a hundred and something days before he started campaigning for the presidency. That is insane.

Generally speaking i don't think the resistance Obama is receiving has anything to do with race but I don't think you can say the same about the support he is receiving. If he were a white male and he had ran the same style campaign, he would have been competing against Kucinich (sp) for second to last place.

I think a better question is how many black leaders are original. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright and many other black preachers strive to emulate MLK, with their sharp, short pronunciation of words along with MLK strong forceful tone. Anyone who has a brain can see what they are doing, they are impersonators and impersonators are attempts to copy what was needed not what is needed. The black community has a very strong cultural pressure to present yourself in a certain way but Colin Powel, Barak Obama and MLK were and are all individuals. I think that may be one thing that has attracted people to Barak, he's not your typical black leader impersonating MLK, with a modified message of blacks being victims and oppressed.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

If obama was white he wouldnt even be in this race with his qualifications klash is right. obama is only in this race because his skin color is black
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
      I was watching some old speeches yesterday of MLK and was completely blown away by the man. His charisma, intellect, vision, compassion...He had a powerful presence, yet there was a sincerity and humility about him that made him very appealing. If he were alive today, his impact would be enormous. What is funny is how many people still talk about him as a radical, racist, white hating, violent militant. Growing up in a Southern Confederate family tree , I was taught that MLK was a very bad person and dirty rotten communist Ni**er. After seeing this video, I have a newfound appreciation for the man. Wish he was here today. Hard not to respect and admire him when you really watch and listen to his messages. Nobody speaks that way anymore. Obie has a long way to go to be mentioned in the same sentence as MLK. I dont think he will ever be mentioned in the same light. How times have changed!

good for u man, and imho he is everywhere all the time, why? who of us alive today does not know his message and do not at the core believe it, just that one simple 5 word phrase has impacted the world from the moment it was uttered and always will, it is the best of humanity

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Just Some Thinking
      • Just Some Thinking

• Just Some Thinking
      • Just Some Thinking
      • Just Some Thinking
      • Just Some Thinking
      • Just Some Thinking
      • Just Some Thinking
      Quote Originally Posted by Klash View Post
      My perspective is we know enough of Obama's (Obie) character and ideology but we don't know how that is exactly going to impact his policies because he was only in the senate a hundred and something days before he started campaigning for the presidency. That is insane.

That is fair thinking. Historically it is not an insane as u think, in great times of change his story is fairly typical.

Generally speaking i don't think the resistance Obama is receiving has anything to do with race but I don't think you can say the same about the support he is receiving. If he were a white male and he had ran the same style campaign, he would have been competing against Kucinich (sp) for second to last place.

Not denying some support him because of like likes like. I'd say, most underestimate how much hate motivates, turns out many dems hated the clintons as much as the republicans, that imho was the key. When he said the time was now, he knew the sentiment, he saw an opening and pounced, he readily admits he felt the time was right and his party was anxious for change, yet, the wave of support has even floored him, he did not know how deep it was.

On the white thing, imho, that is also something I lean the other way. I'd use Huck as an example, look how far he went and he came out of nowhere. Why did he do well, timing, yet, he is a great communicator. Obie has that part hands down. Too Lead Firs You Must Understand. The first thing u gotta understand is yourself, imho, on a big stage congruence shines or dulls. Your weakness's are magnified by a factor of ten.

I think a better question is how many black leaders are original. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright and many other black preachers strive to emulate MLK, with their sharp, short pronunciation of words along with MLK strong forceful tone. Anyone who has a brain can see what they are doing, they are impersonators and impersonators are attempts to copy what was needed not what is needed. The black community has a very strong cultural pressure to present yourself in a certain way but Colin Powel, Barak Obama and MLK were and are all individuals. I think that may be one thing that has attracted people to Barak, he's not your typical black leader impersonating MLK, with a modified message of blacks being victims and oppressed.

See fwiw, this paragraph excites me, much gusto excellent thinking. Yes, I shout...........Origninal..............great context, and probably the right one. IMHO, it clarifies struggle of leadership in cultures in general.

many points on that one klash

3 pointer