• Join Us!
  • Favre wants release from Packers
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Favre wants release from Packers

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Favre wants release from Packers

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Favre wants release from Packers

More NFL Videos The Green Bay Packers want to do the right thing in response to Brett Favre’s latest round of flip-flopping on his future in football.

And as far as the team is concerned, that might mean showing No. 4 the door — although working out a trade might be more palatable to the Packers than granting Favre the release he has requested.

Favre asked the Packers to release him so he can return to the NFL with another team after apparently being told his latest retirement reversal wasn’t welcome news in Green Bay. The team said it would do “what’s right” in response to Favre’s request, which was first reported by ESPN on Friday.

“Brett earned and exercised the right to retire on his terms,” the team’s statement said.

“We wanted him to return and welcomed him back on more than one occasion. Brett’s press conference and subsequent conversations in the following weeks illustrated his commitment to retirement. The finality of his decision to retire was accepted by the organization. At that point, the Green Bay Packers made the commitment to move forward with our football team.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The 38-year-old Favre retired March 6 after a 17-year career, openly sobbing as he contemplated a future without football. But almost immediately, he began dropping hints that he was having second thoughts.

The most recent and intense round came Friday, when ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported that sources close to Favre and the team told him agent James “Bus” Cook asked the Packers for Favre’s release in a letter because the Packers were not receptive to the idea of Favre wanting to play again.

The Packers’ front office has spent the past several offseasons dealing with weeks and months worth of speculation about the three-time MVP’s future plans. But this time, they’re apparently not biting.

The Packers’ statement said Favre, who was placed on the reserve/retired list, has the right to petition NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to be reinstated — a request the league would grant automatically. After that, Favre would return to the team’s active roster.

But the statement did not specify what the Packers would do after that, beyond doing “what’s right and in the best interest of the team.”

If the team has committed to moving forward without Favre, their options once he was reinstated would include trading him to another team or releasing him so he would be free to sign with the team of his choice.

The Packers have made it clear they’re committed to going with quarterback Aaron Rodgers, a first-round pick in 2005 who has been sitting behind Favre for his first three seasons in the NFL.

Releasing Favre presents the possibility that he will sign with NFC North rivals Minnesota or Chicago, where he would be an upgrade over the incumbent QBs.

If the Packers traded him, there would be teams outside the division such as Baltimore or Tampa Bay, and perhaps Washington, that would be interested. There also has been speculation he could go to Miami for disgruntled defensive end Jason Taylor, the 2006 defensive player of the year.

Either way, it would be an ugly end to what has been one of the most celebrated partnerships in recent NFL history.

“As with all Packers greats, Brett’s legacy will always be celebrated by our fans and the organization, regardless of any change in his personal intentions,” the statement said. “Brett and Deanna will always be a part of the Packers family.”

Even if that family is looking awfully dysfunctional these days
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Dzone is online now Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Favre wants release from Packers

dam thats too bad..that dude was great, man

2-Swole
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Sucks that he's gone from the Pack...I am a fan of players stickin with their teams...but I like watchin him play and should be interesting to see how all this turns out!!!

Akamai
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

What the hell is wong with the packers, they should be jumpin and down. Its not like when 9ERS let Montana go to chiefs Young was given, who knows what Rogers is gonna do.

Hell 2-3 more years out of one of the best ever, no brainer, throw party on the frozen tundra.

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out too. Could you imagine him in Minnesota? Him plus Adrian Peterson.....good night.....defenses will be stressed out!!!!! How do you stop one of the best QB's ever and one of the top RB's at the same time? One or the other has to give. They already have a solid defense and it got better in the off season. I would bet if Farve went to Minn that they make the SB. I just don't see any team being able to shut both him and Peterson down. Either he will throw for 350 yards and a few TDs or Peterson will run for 200 yards and a few TDs. I'm not a Vikings fan but that team is a solid QB away from the SB. They get the passing game and it's on.

This is going to be interesting to say the least.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

Akamai
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

And they upgraded the defense in the offseason .Adding a stud DE

Akamai

angryoldman is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I think he should get his release and go play for another team. He had a great career with the Pack. But it's time for the Pack to look forward to their future. He's 38 years old. You can't begin to build a young team with a guy who wants to retire every year. Mike Martz had a ton of faith in Favre, and lost his job because of it. If Brett still loves the game, let him play somewhere else. I just hope he doesn't embarrass himself like so many greats of the past that went on to other teams.
      “I don't look ahead... I keep focused on my next opponent. I am looking forward to my next opponent, I don't think past that point.”
      --Manny Pacquiao

Big Mike's speach to Congress telling them to phuque off on the steroid ban:

https://www.moviewavs.com/0049230534/...y/statemnt.mp3

Fitnessgeared's resident Smart ass

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

It would be so cool to see him play in Minn or chicago...what a riot that would be. But I doubt the pack will allow that. I remember joe montana playing for the chiefs that year and that monday night game in mile high where he brought the chiefs back and won. One of the greatest comebacks in history. there was nobody like montana. It will be very inter5esting to see where favre ends up.

angryoldman is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Favre in both places would do his career horrible. Just like what Oakland did to Moss. Now look at him
      “I don't look ahead... I keep focused on my next opponent. I am looking forward to my next opponent, I don't think past that point.”
      --Manny Pacquiao

Big Mike's speach to Congress telling them to phuque off on the steroid ban:

https://www.moviewavs.com/0049230534/...y/statemnt.mp3

Fitnessgeared's resident Smart ass

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

what kinda sucks is how much publicity he got when he retired. SI cover story...front page of USA today, every news show in the country showing him crying and saying goodbye...etc, etc, etc... next time he retires everybody should ignore him and say 'ya right dood"...LOL