• Join Us!
  • Bill introduced by Republicans to outlaw semiauto weapons----TIME TO FIGHT THIS TOOTH
  • Bill introduced by Republicans to outlaw semiauto weapons----TIME TO FIGHT THIS TOOTH
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill introduced by Republicans to outlaw semiauto weapons----TIME TO FIGHT THIS TOOTH

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Bill introduced by Republicans to outlaw semiauto weapons----TIME TO FIGHT THIS TOOTH

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

H.R. 6257: To reinstate the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act
      ---this is nuts people, even if you are not into guns, this needs to be stopped cold in its tracks!!!!
      https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...bill=h110-6257
      Introduced: Jun 12, 2008
      Sponsor: Rep. Mark Kirk [R-IL]-
      Cosponsors:
      Rep. Michael Castle [R-DE]

Rep. Michael Ferguson [R-NJ]

Rep. Christopher Shays [R-CT]

Text of Legislation
      HR 6257 IH

110th CONGRESS

2d Session

H. R. 6257

To reinstate the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

June 12, 2008

Mr. KIRK (for himself, Mr. CASTLE, Mr. FERGUSON, and Mr. SHAYS) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL

To reinstate the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ‘Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008’.

SEC. 2. RESTRICTION ON MANUFACTURE, TRANSFER, AND POSSESSION OF CERTAIN SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS.

(a) RESTRICTION- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding after subsection (u) the following:

‘(v)(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to manufacture, transfer, or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon.

‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession or transfer of any semiautomatic assault weapon otherwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of the enactment of this subsection.

‘(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

‘(A) any of the firearms, or replicas or duplicates of the firearms, specified in appendix A to this section, as such firearms were manufactured on October 1, 1993;

‘(B) any firearm that--

‘(i) is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action;

‘(ii) has been rendered permanently inoperable; or

‘(iii) is an antique firearm;

‘(C) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than 5 rounds of ammunition; or

‘(D) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than 5 rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.

The fact that a firearm is not listed in appendix A shall not be construed to mean that paragraph (1) applies to such firearm. No firearm exempted by this subsection may be deleted from appendix A so long as this subsection is in effect.

‘(4) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--

‘(A) the manufacture for, transfer to, or possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States (including the United States Armed Forces and, under regulations pursuant to title 50, United States Code, the National Guard and Reserve), or a State or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State, or a transfer to or possession by a law enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement (whether on or off duty);

‘(B) the transfer to a licensee under title I of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 for purposes of establishing and maintaining an on-site physical protection system and security organization required by Federal law, or possession by an employee or contractor of such licensee on-site for such purposes or off-site for purposes of licensee-authorized training or transportation of nuclear materials;

‘(C) the possession, by an individual who is retired from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving a firearm, of a semiautomatic assault weapon transferred to the individual by the agency upon such retirement; or

‘(D) the manufacture, transfer, or possession of a semiautomatic assault weapon by a licensed manufacturer or licensed importer for the purposes of testing or experimentation authorized by the Secretary.’.

(b) DEFINITION OF SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPON- Section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding after paragraph (29) the following:

‘(30) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means--

‘(A) any of the firearms, or copies or duplicates of the firearms in any caliber, known as--

‘(i) Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (all models);

‘(ii) Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;

‘(iii) Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);

‘(iv) Colt AR-15;

‘(v) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;

‘(vi) SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;

‘(vii) Steyr AUG;

‘(viii) INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; and

‘(ix) revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12;

‘(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

‘(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

‘(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

‘(iii) a bayonet mount;

‘(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

‘(v) a grenade launcher;

‘(C) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of--

‘(i) an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

‘(ii) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;

‘(iii) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

‘(iv) a manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

‘(v) a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; and

‘(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--

‘(i) a folding or telescoping stock;

‘(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

‘(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and

‘(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.’.

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Bill introduced by Republicans to outlaw semiauto weapons----TIME TO FIGHT THIS T

i'm not a gun owner, but i'm seriously against this bullshyt!!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

firstenrgy is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Bill introduced by Republicans to outlaw semiauto weapons----TIME TO FIGHT THIS T

I couldn't believe it was true. It'll never get passed the senate.

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

The second amendment will be in danger for the next four years with McCain being the gun friendly candidate who was considered a "gun-control" advocate in 2000.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

MCCAIN WONT CHANGE THE 2ND ADMENMNT. NO ONE WILL CHANGE OUR CONSTITUTION LIKE OBAMA WANTS TO
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

fuzo bush has been doing it for almost 8 years..how canyou say what mccain wont do and obama will do..they both pander...neither one of them are trustworthy...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      MCCAIN WONT CHANGE THE 2ND ADMENMNT. NO ONE WILL CHANGE OUR CONSTITUTION LIKE OBAMA WANTS TO
      I agree Obama will challenge the constitution. I was just putting into perspective how much this election sucks, considering John McCain was considered the gun owners enemy in 2000 and now he is the gun friendly candidate simply because of who he is running against. We are screwed for the next four years; hopefully the Libertarian party will get a good enough number of votes to impact our presidents policies.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by straydoglogic View Post
      fuzo bush has been doing it for almost 8 years..how canyou say what mccain wont do and obama will do..they both pander...neither one of them are trustworthy...

OBAMA ALREADY SAID WHAT HE WANTS TO DO WITH THE 2ND ADM AND I WAS MOSTLY REFERING TO THE 2ND ADMNT ONLY
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

all i know is that im a gun owner and they wont get my shyte as long as im still breathing...

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

I DONT HAVE A GUN BUT IF I DID THEY WONT GET IT FROM ME.I'LL PROTECT MY FAMILY

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

all i know is that im a gun owner and they wont get my shyte as long as im still breathing...
      careful....they might decide to fix that problem for you too!

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

The problem with gun control is only the honest people turn in their guns. If you look around the world and see the results of gun control you will see that crime went UP in EVERY country. Why? Oh, that's simple. You see, honest Joe will turn in his gun and the criminal will not. So, the criminal knows there is much less of a chance of them getting shot if they break into your home. This is a proven fact! Every country that has put gun control in place has had crime increase because the honest person can't defend themselves. Gun control is not the problem, the problem should be much much bigger punishments for gun possession without a license. Look, if the most you get is a couple years or maybe just probation then why not carry the gun. But, if the punishment was 20 years minimum then less fukers would be walking around with unlisenced guns. This has been teh biggest problem with this country, we have let these bleeding heart liberals reduce punishments for crime. The countries with the worst punishments for crimes house the lowest percentage of prisoners. Hmmm.....there is something to be learned from that. Reform is some liberal bullshit that does not work. I got in big ass trouble once and went to boot camp for 120 days. Well, I got early in 90 days because I made the most of it and helped some of the uneducated kids study for their GED. The stats back then were 70% will return and the stats are still the same today. Reform does NOT work! If the numbers had dropped to 60% then it would be working, but it's not. Prisons are getting more and more crowded. The crimes must be so severe that only the sickos are willing to commit them. If the person is deemed unfit for society, then off with their fukin head. It wasn't that long ago that a person could be publicly hung for the same crimes that today they get out in a few years. It's total BS!!! Most of these guys just go right out and do it again. Wait, let me rephrase that.....70% get 'caught' and end up in jail again. The 70% is based on people who end up back in the system. What about the guys that get smarter and don't get caught again? I would bet that 85 to 90 percent of criminals get out and still continue to commit crime. However, there is a small percentage that learn not to get caught again. There is no fear of the legal system and there needs to be. People should be scared to commit crimes. Unfortuantely, as long as we have these bleeding heart liberals it will never happen. No, they will just continue to do away with the death penalty and spend more money on useless reform.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

outlaw guns and only outlaws have guns...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

outlaw guns and only outlaws have guns...
      yep...i agree. (and i dont even OWN a gun!!)

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007 View Post
      The problem with gun control is only the honest people turn in their guns. If you look around the world and see the results of gun control you will see that crime went UP in EVERY country. Why? Oh, that's simple. You see, honest Joe will turn in his gun and the criminal will not. So, the criminal knows there is much less of a chance of them getting shot if they break into your home. This is a proven fact! Every country that has put gun control in place has had crime increase because the honest person can't defend themselves. Gun control is not the problem, the problem should be much much bigger punishments for gun possession without a license. Look, if the most you get is a couple years or maybe just probation then why not carry the gun. But, if the punishment was 20 years minimum then less fukers would be walking around with unlisenced guns. This has been teh biggest problem with this country, we have let these bleeding heart liberals reduce punishments for crime. The countries with the worst punishments for crimes house the lowest percentage of prisoners. Hmmm.....there is something to be learned from that. Reform is some liberal bullshit that does not work. I got in big ass trouble once and went to boot camp for 120 days. Well, I got early in 90 days because I made the most of it and helped some of the uneducated kids study for their GED. The stats back then were 70% will return and the stats are still the same today. Reform does NOT work! If the numbers had dropped to 60% then it would be working, but it's not. Prisons are getting more and more crowded. The crimes must be so severe that only the sickos are willing to commit them. If the person is deemed unfit for society, then off with their fukin head. It wasn't that long ago that a person could be publicly hung for the same crimes that today they get out in a few years. It's total BS!!! Most of these guys just go right out and do it again. Wait, let me rephrase that.....70% get 'caught' and end up in jail again. The 70% is based on people who end up back in the system. What about the guys that get smarter and don't get caught again? I would bet that 85 to 90 percent of criminals get out and still continue to commit crime. However, there is a small percentage that learn not to get caught again. There is no fear of the legal system and there needs to be. People should be scared to commit crimes. Unfortuantely, as long as we have these bleeding heart liberals it will never happen. No, they will just continue to do away with the death penalty and spend more money on useless reform.
      I agree gun control increases violence. Look at the Vermont shooting - gun free zone.

...but stiff punishment for unlicensed guns is the wrong solution. Your still putting gun ownership criteria in the hands of the government, the same ignorant government that thinks banning guns decreases violence. That would just make it easier for government to control guns.

People have no fear of the justice system because it can deem just about anyone a criminal. Just look at community jails and prisons - they get a new budget to build a new wing on the jail or prison and the next year it's at full capacity. We house as many prisoners as we can afford to house because are laws are too lose. The only power any government has, is the power to crack down on criminals and when there aren't enough of them, they create more by broadening laws.

We need to go back to protecting individual freedom and do away with this premise "that a particular act leads to violence and therefore must be illegal".

Violent crimes, fraud and theft is the only thing government should punish people for and those punishments should be very stiff.