• Join Us!
  • The Maverick
  • The Maverick
  • The Maverick
  • The Maverick
  • The Maverick
  • The Maverick
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: The Maverick

firstenrgy is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default The Maverick

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • The Maverick
      • The Maverick

• The Maverick
      • The Maverick
      • The Maverick
      • The Maverick
      • The Maverick
      • The Maverick
      I had to put this in a new post. Here is a post that killed me.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by trip
      they don't call u a maverick for no reason, mavericks are erratic and seen as erratic by others, and thus hard to become good leaders cause they don't listen well
      again, simple for me

mav·er·ick
      Pronunciation: \ˈmav-rik, ˈma-və-\
      Function: noun
      1: an unbranded range animal; especially : a motherless calf
      2: an independent individual who does not go along with a group or party

Are you sure you wouldn't like to retract that statement? I think they call him the Maverick in accordance with Websters Dictionary as opposed to yours.

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: The Maverick

i always that it was becouse he didnt run with party lines...he seemed to have a little democrat side to his thinking sometimes...atleast thats what i thaught they (media) was refering to
      Last edited by daved150; 06-17-2008 at 09:00 AM.
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Well, clearly the guy has proven that he is a good leader or else he wouldn't still have the job he does now. That is common sense. Obviously people like what he has done so far.

He is the one guy that can unite congress, and that's a fact. Obama doesn't have a chance in hell because all he has done is talking about 'change'. He has made it clear that what is going on is not working which is a slap in the face to other Dems. So, you will have both Dems and Reps that don't respect him and won't work with him. But, McCain has always been known as the 'we have to work together guy'. He's just left enough that he will take a lot of vote from Obama. He's white, so he will take even more vote from Obama. He's more experienced so he will take even more votes from Obama. I've talked with a lot of old school Dems and these are the three most common reasons I hear they will pick McCain over Obama. I don't mean to offend anyone, but there are too many people in this country that are not ready for a black president, especially one with Muslim roots. There are so many people that will not vote for him because of their feelings for one of these things. And, with McCain, they still get have support of their left beliefs. McCain is nothing like Bush, he's about as left as you can be and still be a Rep.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

PEOPLE DONT EDUCATE THEM SELVES ABOUT MCCAIN TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN BUSH AND MCCAIN
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

[I'll repeat myself; since we have two threads now]

I think he got the name Maverick because he's a "republican" that doesn't have conservative ideals and from the liberal media's perspective that is a maverick. Of course if a democrat went with conservative ideals they'd probably nickname him a traitor or the backstabber. He's a maverick because he opposes what they oppose.

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Klash View Post
      [I'll repeat myself; since we have two threads now]

I think he got the name Maverick because he's a "republican" that doesn't have conservative ideals and from the liberal media's perspective that is a maverick. Of course if a democrat went with conservative ideals they'd probably nickname him a traitor or the backstabber. He's a maverick because he opposes what they oppose.
      Actually, that happened to Zell Miller and they called him "Zell Out". But, Zell was 100% right when he said "I don't even recognize my party anymore." It's true, the Dem party did not used to be so Liberal and standing up for anything out of the norm in order to get votes. Oh yeah, they play the 'everyone is equal' card but let's face it......it's just words for most of them. Who will get me elected? That's the people who's cause I will support. This is why the Dem party has changed so much and the Rep have been more consistent.

But, if you really take the time to look at both parties, they do the same thing on alot of issues. Take homosexuality for example. I am against it and the liberals are forcing it to be taught in schools as acceptable. Well, it's against my religion so why should my child be forced to accept it? The answer is typically something about equal rights. Now, take the flip side of that coin and tell the liberals that it's only fair that religion be allowed back in schools and see what happens. LOL Yeah, it's a double standard. They want to force acceptance for what they believe in and refuse to accept anythign contrary to it. Then they say things like "you should let your child make their own choices and not force religion down their throats". Well, genius, letting your child make their own choices requires that you allow them to get ALL the information. These are the same people that refuse for religion to be in school and some want it off TV. Interesting thing is you ask me. It's ok to force my child into hearing about 'their' cause but it's not ok for their children to hear about 'our' cause. Double standard? I think it's obvious.

PS- That wasn't meant to be directed at you Klash, I just got up on my soap box for a minute there bro. lol
      Last edited by T-Man007; 06-17-2008 at 01:51 PM.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • The Maverick
      • The Maverick

• The Maverick
      • The Maverick
      • The Maverick
      • The Maverick
      • The Maverick
      • The Maverick
      Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007 View Post
      Actually, that happened to Zell Miller and they called him "Zell Out". But, Zell was 100% right when he said "I don't even recognize my party anymore." It's true, the Dem party did not used to be so Liberal and standing up for anything out of the norm in order to get votes. Oh yeah, they play the 'everyone is equal' card but let's face it......it's just words for most of them. Who will get me elected? That's the people who's cause I will support. This is why the Dem party has changed so much and the Rep have been more consistent.

But, if you really take the time to look at both parties, they do the same thing on alot of issues. Take homosexuality for example. I am against it and the liberals are forcing it to be taught in schools as acceptable. Well, it's against my religion so why should my child be forced to accept it? The answer is typically something about equal rights. Now, take the flip side of that coin and tell the liberals that it's only fair that religion be allowed back in schools and see what happens. LOL Yeah, it's a double standard. They want to force acceptance for what they believe in and refuse to accept anythign contrary to it. Then they say things like "you should let your child make their own choices and not force religion down their throats". Well, genius, letting your child make their own choices requires that you allow them to get ALL the information. These are the same people that refuse for religion to be in school and some want it off TV. Interesting thing is you ask me. It's ok to force my child into hearing about 'their' cause but it's not ok for their children to hear about 'our' cause. Double standard? I think it's obvious.

PS- That wasn't meant to be directed at you Klash, I just got up on my soap box for a minute there bro. lol
      I understand bro. Liberals are taking it up our backside and conservatives are selling us out.

I so agree with you T-Mann, it is a double standard and I think conservatives have failed us in that instead of fighting the fundamental belief that government shouldn't be involved in something they fall into the trap of if you can't beat em join em. For example they argue gays shouldn't have the right to marry, instead of arguing government shouldn't be involved in marriage. Instead of fighting what is taught in public schools they should go back to fighting that schools should be privatized.

Simply fighting these battles with liberals on their terms is automatically implying acceptance of the liberal ideology that government should be the authority in the matter and that is why conservatives are losing ground. They are essentially reaping what they sow.