Great Britain’s Andy Bolton, the Monarch of Might, will be competing with and against USA’s Donnie Thompson in a Powerlifting showdown. This is the UK’s WPC hosted nationals, the BPC British Championships, where the two will guest compete. “I haven’t competed with Donnie in quite a long time” says world record holder Bolton. “We invited some other SHW’s but for some reason or another, it ended up being Donnie and me. I want to take the all time total back from Donnie so this is fine.”

Thompson, who holds the all-time total record of 2,850 pounds, was excited at first but then ran into some problems a month ago with a hip injury and training partner disputes. With restructuring of Thompson’s training center, ‘The Compound’ and better training comrades, he couldn’t pass this trip up. “As of lately, I have not trained with such intensity since my visits to Westside! I feel things are better than ever!”

Bolton is happy that he doesn’t have to go across the pond to compete this time. Andy’s handler is the Bulldog who is probably the most famous ever. Thompson’s handler will be Mike Johnston of American Strongman Corporation. This Battle of the Pachyderm’s should be fun, competitive and great exposure for not only Bolton and Thompson but also most importantly, Powerlifting.

The BPC British Championships will be held July 12-13 in Bournemouth, England. The Championships will be broadcast by sports news network, Sky Sports.