• Join Us!
  • McCain Changes his positions...
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McCain Changes his positions...

Merc is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default McCain Changes his positions...

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

McCain changes his position on Iraq (again)

To hear some of John McCain’s media admirers tell it, “McCain, whether you agree with him or not, has been entirely consistent about the war.” To hear his campaign tell it, “John McCain has mainted [sic] a consistent record on Iraq since the very beginning.”
      But pesky little details like reality keep getting in the way.
      Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) has long supported a 50-year troop presence in Iraq — or the “South Korea model” — set forth by President Bush and Gen. Petraeus. “We have had troops in South Korea for 60 years and nobody minds,” he said in June. On the Charlie Rose Show in August, McCain said the Korea model was “exactly” the right idea.
      Yesterday on Charlie Rose, McCain changed his position, arguing that the Korea-like presence is not an “analogy” he would use for Iraq. Recognizing the “nature of the society in Iraq,” McCain suggested that Iraqi opposition to a permanent U.S. occupation may make the South Korea model implausible.
      McCain added that the “nature of the society in Iraq” and the “religious aspects” of the country make it inevitable that the United States “eventually withdraws.”

But if you suggest five years of failed policies is long enough, you’re a cut-and-run coward who embraces defeat, loves al Qaeda, and hates our troops.

I have a very hard time understanding how it is this guy earned a reputation for “consistency.” The only thing consistent about McCain’s policy towards Iraq is that it changes every few months.

Of course, that fits into a pattern with the senator. Long-time readers know what this means: it’s time to update the list of John McCain Biggest Flip-Flops.

* McCain used to champion the Law of the Sea convention, even volunteering to testify on the treaty’s behalf before a Senate committee. Now he opposes it.

* McCain was a co-sponsor of the DREAM Act, which would grant legal status to illegal immigrants’ kids who graduate from high school. Now he’s against it.

* In 2006, McCain sponsored legislation to require grassroots lobbying coalitions to reveal their financial donors. In 2007, after receiving “feedback” on the proposal, McCain told far-right activist groups that he now opposes the measure.

* McCain has been both open and closed to a redeploy-to-perimeter strategy in Iraq.

* McCain said before the war in Iraq, “We will win this conflict. We will win it easily.” Four years later, McCain said he knew all along that the war in Iraq war was “probably going to be long and hard and tough.”

* McCain said he was the “greatest critic” of Rumsfeld’s failed Iraq policy. In December 2003, McCain praised the same strategy as “a mission accomplished.” In March 2004, he said, “I’m confident we’re on the right course.” In December 2005, he said, “Overall, I think a year from now, we will have made a fair amount of progress if we stay the course.”

* McCain went from saying he would not support repeal of Roe v. Wade to saying the exact opposite.

* McCain went from saying gay marriage should be allowed, to saying gay marriage shouldn’t be allowed.

* McCain criticized TV preacher Jerry Falwell as “an agent of intolerance” in 2002, but then decided to cozy up to the man who said Americans “deserved” the 9/11 attacks.

* McCain used to oppose Bush’s tax cuts for the very wealthy, but he reversed course in February.

* In 2000, McCain accused Texas businessmen Sam and Charles Wyly of being corrupt, spending “dirty money” to help finance Bush’s presidential campaign. McCain not only filed a complaint against the Wylys for allegedly violating campaign finance law, he also lashed out at them publicly. In April, McCain reached out to the Wylys for support.

* McCain supported a major campaign-finance reform measure that bore his name. In June, he abandoned his own legislation.

* McCain used to think that Grover Norquist was a crook and a corrupt shill for dictators. Then McCain got serious about running for president and began to reconcile with Norquist.

* McCain took a firm line in opposition to torture, and then caved to White House demands.

* McCain opposed a holiday to honor Martin Luther King, Jr., before he supported it.

* McCain was against presidential candidates campaigning at Bob Jones University before he was for it.

* McCain was anti-ethanol. Now he’s pro-ethanol.

* McCain was both for and against state promotion of the Confederate flag.

* McCain decided in 2000 that he didn’t want anything to do with former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, believing he “would taint the image of the ‘Straight Talk Express.’” Kissinger is now the Honorary Co-Chair for his presidential campaign in New York.

Now, it’s worth noting that there are worse qualities in a presidential candidate than changing one’s mind about a policy matter or two. McCain has been in Congress for decades; he’s bound to shift now and then on various controversies.

But therein lies the point — McCain was consistent on most of these issues, right up until he started running for president, at which point he conveniently abandoned practically every position he used to hold. The problem isn’t just the incessant flip-flops; it’s the shameless pandering and hollow convictions behind the incessant flip-flops.

It’s a shame what running for the Republican nomination will do to a guy, isn’t it?

Deno
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: McCain Changes his positions...

I don't like how he changes his opinions every so often. Its going to hurt him in the general election.

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

DIE MCINSANE DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

HE HAS TO CHANGE HIS MIND AND DO WHATS BEST FOR THE USA NOW SO WHEN HE IS PRESIDENT HE CAN MAKE MORE CHANGES.THIS IS HOGWASH.AND I SEE ALOT OF THOSE CHANGES WERE BACK 8 YRS AGO NICE TRY WHO WROTE THE ARTICLE ABOUT HIM. AND THOSE CHANGES THIS AUTHOR SAID ALOT OF THEM ARE NIOT TRUE. DUMB ASS MEDIA. IF THIS IS THERE BEST AT TARNISHING MCCAIN THERE MORE UNINTELLEGENT THEN I THOUGHT. OH WAIT SOMEONE FORGOT ABOUT HIS AGE AND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SHIATS AND SHEMALES,LOL
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

fuzo did you read the anything in the link i posted?..i cant believe youre still pushing for this guy..hes a piece of shyte...

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

THATS JUST YOUR OPINION AND LIKE YOU I WONT STOP FOR MCCAIN LIKE YOU AND PAUL.

Merc is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I think its important that people understand that a vote for mccain is saying that you are ok with having troops in iraq for 50 to 100 years plus... and i think the guy has a hard on for Iran too

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

AND THATS ME MERC. I WILL DEFEND THE USA ALWAYS AND WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCEED AT IT NO MATTER WHAT.MY FATHER SERVED PROUDLT IN THE KOREAN WAR AND I RESPECT THAT AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS SERVED THERE COUNTRY.DONT ENLIST UNLESS YOUR READY TO GO TO WAR.WAR ALWAYS CAUSES CASULTIES

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      THATS JUST YOUR OPINION AND LIKE YOU I WONT STOP FOR MCCAIN LIKE YOU AND PAUL.
      BRO THATS WHERE YOURE WRONG..I HAVE NOT AND WILL NOT STOP PUSHING FOR RON PAUL..I TELL PEOPLE ABOUT HIM EVERYDAY..I JUST BOUGHT HIS NEW BOOK WHICH IM ENJOYING THOUROUGHLY RIGHT NOW..IF ANYBODY WITH A HALF A MIND THAT ENJOYS LIBERTY AND TRUE FREEDOM WANTS TO LEARN A THING OR TWO THEY MIGHT WANT TO PICK UP THE BOOK..I CONSIDER MYSELF A TRUE PATRIOT AND I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON THIS REVOLUTION...AND THAT LINK WAS NOT FILLED WITH MY OPINION IT WAS FACTUAL INFORMATION SO YOU ARE MISTAKEN IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE...RON PAUL IS STILL IN THE RACE BECAUSE HE IS A TRUE PATRIOT AND HE SAID HE WILL NOT STOP AS LONG AS HE HAS SUPPORT..WE'LL NEVER STOP FIGHTING FOR HIM SO HE'LL NEVER QUIT..SO..I GUESS AS A RESPONSE TO YOU SAYING THAT I GAVE UP ON RON PAUL..YOU COULDNT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH...
      AND NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS I WILL BE VOTING FOR DR.PAUL..BECAUSE HE IS THE ONLY CANDIDATE THAT GIVES A SHYTE ABOUT YOU AND ME...AS PEOPLE...NOT SPECIAL INTERESTS..ITS TIME FOR PEOPLE TO WAKE UP AND GET OUT OF THEIR LITTLE BUBBLES!!!!!!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

AND ITS NOT OK TO HAVE TROOPS IN A COUNTRY THAT NEVER ATTACKED US FOR THE NEXT 100 YEARS!!! I FOUGHT IN THIS WAR TWICE AND I'LL NEVER DO IT AGAIN..LINING THE POCKETS OF THE ALREADY RICH..HAVING MY FRIENDS DIE FOR NOTHING...ANSWER ME THIS...WHAT ARE WE IN IRAQ FOR? IS IT JUSTIFIED? WERE WE LIED TO JUST TO GO IN THERE? ARE YOU PREPARED TO FIGHT IRAN..WHICH IN TURN MEANS FIGHTING RUSSIA CHINA AND NORTH KOREA AS WELL?I HATE TO SAY IT BUT SOMETIMES THE IGNORANCE AND ARROGANCE OF AMERICANS MAKES ME SICK...IM NO LONGER FIGHTING THIS FLASE WAR ON TERROR...I WONT BE A PART OF IT..I LOVE MY COUNTRY TOO MUCH TO WATCH IT GO DOWN IN FLAMES DUE TO GREED AND NARCISISM...

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY BUT I WILL FIGHT FOR MY COUNTRY IF I HAD TO AND IF MY LIFE WAS TAKEN THEN I FOUGHT PROUDLY. DEFENDING OUR COUNTRY IS A HONOR.YOU SAY YOU LOVE YOUR COUNTRY BUT THEN YOU SAY AMERICANS SOMETIMES MAKES YOU SICK.IMO STRAY YOU EITHER LOVE YOUR COUNTRY OR DONT. NOT SOMETIMES I DO AND SOMETIMES I DONT. 100% OR NOTHING.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

SO YOU WOULD LET SADAAM KEEP KILLING ALL THOSE 10,000'S OF IRAQ'S AND NOT HELP THEM. GASING THEM TORTURING THEM ECT.AND YOUR FRIENDS DIED WITH HONOR INTEGRITY BE PROUD OF THEM AND DONT SAY SOMETIMES AMERICANS MAKES YOU SICK THATS JUST WRONG.IT SPOUNDS LIKE YOUR FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE BUT A AMERICAN IS THAT RIGHT. AND STRAY THIS IS OUR OPINIONS NOT A FIGHT YOU HAVE YOUR AND I HAVE MINE AND OTHERS HAVE THERES.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

of course im an american..i just dislike the way our government is right now..and for me to say americans make me sick sometimes is completely justified..the media has taken over..people are iggnorant..most people would rather watch american idol and check out fox news and believe what theyre told than to dig deeper and learn for themselves..yes that makes me sick...people being content thinking the government is there to take care of them makes me sick...people living by false faiths instead of logic makes me sick..it makes me sick to think that people are so disenfranchised that they think that they cant make a difference..the government is ruining our lives and people are afraid to stand up to make a difference..
      and it not our job to police the world..diplomacy works better than bombs..russia had a plethera of nukes in the cold war yet we didnt even have to shoot a single bullet..why cant we do the same thing now? warmongers man..who trained bin laden? who created al queada?...who let mushareff overthrow an elected government and continue to give him billions? our foreign policy is going to be the demise of our country..and my friends didnt die protecting freedom..they died for oil and big business..haliburton for one..i was shot at daily so those fux at the top of the food chain could stay there..i am an american..thats why im allowed to be dissappointed in americans...

Stout1 is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 62
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY BUT I WILL FIGHT FOR MY COUNTRY IF I HAD TO AND IF MY LIFE WAS TAKEN THEN I FOUGHT PROUDLY. DEFENDING OUR COUNTRY IS A HONOR.YOU SAY YOU LOVE YOUR COUNTRY BUT THEN YOU SAY AMERICANS SOMETIMES MAKES YOU SICK.IMO STRAY YOU EITHER LOVE YOUR COUNTRY OR DONT. NOT SOMETIMES I DO AND SOMETIMES I DONT. 100% OR NOTHING.
      It's considered Patriotic and the duty of the American Citizens to question out gov't and their intentions. Anyone that blindly leads or rather follows behind erroneous policies does no good.
      Thomas Jefferson - "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."