• Join Us!
  • More on pu$$y Kalib Starnes
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More on pu$$y Kalib Starnes

Schiznick is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 49
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default More on pu$$y Kalib Starnes

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Kalib Starnes requested release from UFC
      by MMAjunkie.com Staff [mmajunkie-staff] on Apr 22, 2008 at 1:22 pm in - News -
      Former UFC middleweight Kalib Starnes, a cast member from "The Ultimate Fighter 3" who suffered a lopsided unanimous-decision loss to Nate Quarry at UFC 83, says he asked to be released from the UFC -- before UFC president Dana White told Yahoo! Sports that he had been cut from the organization.

In a UFC 83 televised bout, Starnes continually backpeddled from his opponent, and the Canadian crowd turned on the British Columbia fighter during the lackluster performance.

In a post-event press conference, White said that Starnes would regret the performance, which resulted in scores of 30-27, 30-26 and an extremely rare 30-24. After the fight, cameras caught Starnes yelling an obscenity and a deragoratory gay reference to members of Quarry's corner.

The following day, White told Yahoo! Sports that Starnes had been cut from the organization.

However, Starnes said that the story came out only after he asked Joe Silva to terminate his contract, which the organization was willing to do.

Starnes also questioned White's integrity.

"In my opinion, it was inappropriate to make public statements regarding my character and my future and so on the way that he has, especially without having the courage and the respect to call me up and speak with me personally," Starnes told The Fight Network. "All of these comments come from a man that has never had a fight in his entire life who claims to be the ultimate authority on fighting and courage. I couldn't be happier than to be released from the most oppressive contract I've ever been under in my life."

Starnes also told
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"...................Benjamin Franklin

schiznick13@yahoo.com

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default Re: More on pu$$y Kalib Starnes

WE WILL SEE HOW BAD IT IS WHEN HES NEEDING HIS NEXT CHECK
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

tn94z is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Just a little said to ad to this.

According to the American Top Team-trained fighter, injuries led to his switch from an offensive to defensive mode against Quarry. For a majority of the fight, Starnes back pedaled out of harm’s way and away from his opponent’s dangerous punches. A former challenger for the UFC middleweight championship, Quarry battered Starnes with leg kicks throughout the three-round bout.

“Right now, I have a broken foot [that] I sustained with the first kick I threw in the fight,” Starnes said. “My leg is purple and black from my knee up, I have a black eye, a sprained jaw, and he’s questioning my desire to fight? If that isn’t enough to satisfy him and the crowd, I can show them the medical report. I can barely walk. [Quarry] totally destroyed my thigh with those kicks. I’m sure a lot of people would rather see me suffer a traumatic brain injury and be rendered unconscious. That’s too bad. If that’s what they want, they’re paying the wrong guy $10,000 to get his brain smashed in.”

Starnes then invited White to walk a few feet in his shoes.

“Dana White wouldn’t stand and trade with a guy [like Quarry] who had an 80 or 90 percent knockout ratio with injuries like I had Saturday night,” Starnes said. “He wouldn’t cross the street for $10,000. I don’t have anything to prove to anybody. I’m not about to stand there and get smashed to pieces. After I knew my foot was broken, I was trying to back up and work off the jab and keep moving so I didn’t get knocked out.”

Rumors also surfaced Monday that Starnes had dropped a bombshell – that his performance was a direct protest to his pay rate and insurance that he would be let go from the remainder of his contract – on a Montreal radio show following his match with Quarry. Starnes called the rumors ludicrous.

“Any report or rumor that I came on any radio station to comment on the fight or circumstances surrounding the fight or in reference to the UFC or Dana White is completely false,” he said. “I’ve been back in Florida since Sunday, and it was Dana White who decided to come out and publicly attack my character, not the other way around. That’s the way he felt like he should go. Maybe he thinks that character assassination might prevent me from moving on and fighting for another organization or carrying on a career. If he thinks it’s appropriate to attack me, it isn’t.”
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

He sure was running pretty well to have a broken foot!!

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

THAT WOULD MAKE SENSE THEN.HE WAS A GOOD FIGHTER BEFORE THAT FIGHT SO LETS GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT.DANA JUST ALWAYS WANTS TO BE THE KING. LET DANA GET IN THE RING AND FIGHT AND LETS SEE HOW GOOD HE DOES.MAKES PERFECTLY GOOD SENSE.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Schiznick is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 49
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

he's full of crap! he was running backwards from the opening bell...
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"...................Benjamin Franklin

schiznick13@yahoo.com

MAK2102 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 274
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Its like we said before, some of these guys are only making $3000 per fight. I guess I can see both sides. But if youre injured to the point where you cant throw any kind of punch or kicks and all youre going to do is run, then throw in the towel. It would honestly have looked better on his part.
      Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments.

What lies before me and what lies ahead of me are small compared to what lies within me.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Schiznick View Post
      he's full of crap! he was running backwards from the opening bell...
      WELL NONE OF US WILL EVER KNOW THE TRUTH
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

BigDawg is offline Super Moderator
      is entering beast mode

I am:
      Awesome

Level
      Blog Entries

The thing is, as a fighter, and not even one who gets $10K for fighting in a worldwide venue like the ufc, i can say i'd rather get my a$$ knocked out while i am swinging for the fences than run around like a little focking pu$$y like Starnes did. WTF?? If you have a traumatic foot injury that you sustained in the first kick of the first round you have your corner tell the ref you cannot physically continue, you don't get back in the cage and run backwards for two more rounds. Someone needs to tell him that to work the jab while backpedalling requires THROWING a punch once in awhile. He was scared plain and simple. Or he really was trying to get kicked out of his contract. Think about his complaint for a minute. He is pissed that he only made $10,000 for 15 minutes of work? I'll take the money and i would have put on a hella better showing than he did. Quarry probably would have knocked me out by the end of the first round but i'd have gotten KO'd trying to take him out not lifting my skirt and running away from him. Liddell gets $500K because he can draw a full house for a main event. When Kalib can do that someone may pay him $500K too. Hell Jardine only got $16K for beating Chuck and he ain't pissing and moaning. Grow up Starnes and try working a real 9 to 5 for awhile and then see if that ten grand don't look **** SWEET!!
      You may not recognize your mom when you get home, I shaved her back.

I don't have an ego, i just love how awesome i am !!

Scalleywag is offline Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Everybody has their own role in MMA. Starnes wants to cry about Dana "never being in a fight in his entire life" but that can go both ways. Starnes hasn't grown the UFC into a multi-billion dollar business. Dana is where he is and has the power he has because he's put in his time. What has Starnes done? All I've seen of him is a bunch of excuses. Let's see how far that gets him in life.

I'm good friends with a local sports writer here in Charlotte who has never played any sport due to inability. Does that mean he can't know every aspect of the sports business? Of course not.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

with all due respect BigDawg, these guys that are makeing 5. 6. 8. 10k per fight, are probably fighting three times a year. thats 30k tops. Ive been around the sport and the reason 90% of people dont pursue it any further including myself is that it has to be a full time job. Not just a hobby. You cant work a part time job while your training for a UFC fight. Some people arent prepared to make 24k a year on the hopes they MAY make it big someday. Im by no means saying the way he handled himself during or since the fight is right....Im just giving the possibility of his and other fighters on his levels mindset.

On the other hand I think you need to make that decision well before youre in your 5th fight. You either want to take the financial loss and move forward and work hard, or you dont go in the first place.

What lies before me and what lies ahead of me are small compared to what lies within me.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Well, the thing is he was the same way on the show. He did nothing but cry the whole time. Like previously stated, he should have already committed to fighting full time before getting into the UFC. He has beat some descent fighters and just expects too much. There have been fighters that actually "fight" even when they are hurt...even broke hands. I understand that you don't want to stand there and get smashed if you are hurt, but if he was really hurt and just tapped out verbally then he would still be under contract as far as the UFC is concerned. Now it sounds to me like he has been wanting to quit..Sat night just made it easier for the UFC to drop the contract.

BigDawg is offline Super Moderator
      is entering beast mode

I am:
      Awesome

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAK2102 View Post
      with all due respect BigDawg, these guys that are makeing 5. 6. 8. 10k per fight, are probably fighting three times a year. thats 30k tops. Ive been around the sport and the reason 90% of people dont pursue it any further including myself is that it has to be a full time job. Not just a hobby. You cant work a part time job while your training for a UFC fight. Some people arent prepared to make 24k a year on the hopes they MAY make it big someday. Im by no means saying the way he handled himself during or since the fight is right....Im just giving the possibility of his and other fighters on his levels mindset.

On the other hand I think you need to make that decision well before youre in your 5th fight. You either want to take the financial loss and move forward and work hard, or you dont go in the first place.
      true but most of the ufc fighters also get a sponship with an mma apparell company that pays a training subsidy and they also have a contract that pays them training and living allowance money. he knew the life before he got into it. If he wasn't ready to pursue it knowing the money involved and what it takes to be the top money earner, then just walk the fock away, don't go down in history as putting in the worst fight in ufc history. once the money is gone all one has left is honor and pride, where is dude's pride?
      You may not recognize your mom when you get home, I shaved her back.

I don't have an ego, i just love how awesome i am !!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg View Post
      true but most of the ufc fighters also get a sponship with an mma apparell company that pays a training subsidy and they also have a contract that pays them training and living allowance money. he knew the life before he got into it. If he wasn't ready to pursue it knowing the money involved and what it takes to be the top money earner, then just walk the fock away, don't go down in history as putting in the worst fight in ufc history. once the money is gone all one has left is honor and pride, where is dude's pride?

I agree with that.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg View Post
      One big problem in this area is the fact that the UFC banned Affliction. Affliction was sponsoring a huge amount of fighters and giving them over 50%of the money they were bringing home. With the UFC banning them it killed much of the money the guys were making.