Meet director Dennis Brochey reports that at least $8,500 was raised at the unsanctioned Red Brick Bench Press Championship V for the Military Family Support Group.

it will take about a week before we get all the bills and sponsor money[checks] to come in and clear. I can't thank my team mates, friends, families, sponsors, spectators and competitors enough for their support and help at this years event. I, like most of you, hope our soldiers do come home to their families safe and sound. But until they do we have to be here for them to show our support and gratitude. You can bet that what all of you have done has contribute to making many military families lives a little bit better this year. Well I'm beat and I'm going to hit the sack but I did have to say "Thanks" to all of you for your contributions. I will post again later with a final tally of what our Red Brick has raised. By the way, our Red Brick banner has been completely filled with sponsors names/businesses and extra boxes have been drawn in to put additional sponsors on it. Banner is expected to fly to Iraq soon to show our support.