• Join Us!
  • Occupationall tests for AAS
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Occupationall tests for AAS

BigDawg is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      is entering beast mode

I am:
      Awesome

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Occupationall tests for AAS

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Q: I realize that I'm probably not being tested for steroids but I make too much money to lose my job just to get big.... Anyway... Recently I've been prescribed Androgel for my low testosterone levels. Knowing that I have a prescription I was wondering if I could add some Sustanon or testosterone enanthate to that. I pretty much want to know if you can tell the difference in testosterone on a drug test? Cause I know they have slightly different esters and molecules. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

A: Let me start off with a little background first. There is a way to identify synthetic testosterone on a test, but it is not simple. Typically what happens during an IOC steroid screen is that they will first look at the ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone in the urine, another natural hormone normally made in the body with testosterone in a 1:1 ratio. If this ratio fails because it is abnormally high (> 4:1), a second (much more thorough) carbon isotope test is conducted to see if the testosterone in your body was actually of natural origin or if it is the result of a synthetic drug. It is the complexity of this test that has kept it from being used as a first line of defense. All of the drugs you mentioned including Androgel would come up as synthetic during this test, and cause a failure.

I think the main issues here are IF you are going to be drug tested, and IF you fail will your prescription cover you for your job even if taking other forms of testosterone. The reality is, your job will not be able to tell if you are using Sustanon, enanthate, or your prescribed Androgel. So in this regard you are safe. If you are taking a sufficient dose of any, however, they might be able to tell that you are using some form of synthetic testosterone in high amounts. With such a scenario, an extremely high T/E ratio would be hard to explain, even with a prescription. Realistically, however, the practice of testing for anabolic steroids in the workplace is extremely rare. The level of testing required would also have to be on par with the very costly and lengthy testing procedure of an Olympic or top competitive athlete. In this case you do have a script as well, which can probably be used as an explanation for any potential failure due to synthetic testosterone, provided your employer is not the IOC, or is not outright trying to catch you using gear.

This info from William Llewellyn article online.
      Last edited by BigDawg; 12-14-2007 at 09:36 PM. Reason: author credit again
      You may not recognize your mom when you get home, I shaved her back.

I don't have an ego, i just love how awesome i am !!