• Join Us!
  • Florida GOP threatens Ron Paul supporters
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Florida GOP threatens Ron Paul supporters

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Florida GOP threatens Ron Paul supporters

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Florida GOP Official Threatens Ron Paul Straw Poll Voter with Violence

Colette von Hessen / Nolan Chart | December 2, 2007

The Pinellas County Republican Executive Committee planned to hold a straw poll on the night of the CNN-sponsored Youtube Republican debate in St. Petersburg. In October the REC Board announced the straw poll and advised its members that only 1,200 tickets would be available and sold for the straw poll. Anyone would be allowed to vote in the straw poll as long as they were over 18 years of age and held a Florida driver's license. They were also told that they should snap up the tickets quickly if they were interested in participating in the poll since the committee anticipated a large voter turnout.

Ron Paul supporter and Pinellas County REC member Sophie (last name withheld for privacy) of Clearwater, Florida was concerned about the limited number of tickets available and was considering purchasing a block of tickets that she could then individually resell to other Paul supporters. She telephoned the local REC office and spoke with a Marilyn. She asked about the possibility of buying tickets in bulk. The woman advised her that she could purchase a block of 50 tickets. Later Marilyn contacted Sophie and informed her that she would be able to purchase as many tickets as she would like. Sophie then purchased several hundred tickets and resold the prepaid tickets to fellow Paul supporters. In the end she managed to resell about 2/3 of the tickets she had bought.

Once at the straw poll, Sophie and others noticed that Mitt Romney supporters were voting for their candidate dozens of times each. The St. Petersburg Times would later document this in an article. Sophie was upset that the rules she had been told were not the rules after all. On Thursday, the day after the debate, she called chairman of the Pinellas County Republican Executive Committee, Tonoy DiMatteo to inform him of the misdeeds that had occurred at the straw poll. She was shocked when he answered: "It's too bad for you, and if you start any trouble you will be hurt." (Watch Sophie's account of the incident here.)

Obviously upset by the incident, Sophie called her local Meetup group organizer, Paul Bourgeois, who said that Romney even had 5-year-old kids voting in the straw poll. Paul had, at an earlier time, discussed the rule changes with Tony. Mr. DiMatteo made it very clear to Paul that he and Sophie had not better take this any further or else.

If you would like to call or write Tony DiMatteo (who is, perhaps not surprisingly, a Giuliani supporter) and let him know that you will not stand for this criminal activity, have at it:

Pinellas County Republican Executive Committee

Tony DiMatteo (Chairman)

pinellasgop@verizon.net -this is this scumbags email address. Everyone should email him and let him know what you think of this!

Link to story:
      https://www.jonesreport.com/articles/..._violence.html

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Florida GOP threatens Ron Paul supporters

Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER View Post
      Florida GOP Official Threatens Ron Paul Straw Poll Voter with Violence

Colette von Hessen / Nolan Chart | December 2, 2007

The Pinellas County Republican Executive Committee planned to hold a straw poll on the night of the CNN-sponsored Youtube Republican debate in St. Petersburg. In October the REC Board announced the straw poll and advised its members that only 1,200 tickets would be available and sold for the straw poll. Anyone would be allowed to vote in the straw poll as long as they were over 18 years of age and held a Florida driver's license. They were also told that they should snap up the tickets quickly if they were interested in participating in the poll since the committee anticipated a large voter turnout.

Ron Paul supporter and Pinellas County REC member Sophie (last name withheld for privacy) of Clearwater, Florida was concerned about the limited number of tickets available and was considering purchasing a block of tickets that she could then individually resell to other Paul supporters. She telephoned the local REC office and spoke with a Marilyn. She asked about the possibility of buying tickets in bulk. The woman advised her that she could purchase a block of 50 tickets. Later Marilyn contacted Sophie and informed her that she would be able to purchase as many tickets as she would like. Sophie then purchased several hundred tickets and resold the prepaid tickets to fellow Paul supporters. In the end she managed to resell about 2/3 of the tickets she had bought.

Once at the straw poll, Sophie and others noticed that Mitt Romney supporters were voting for their candidate dozens of times each. The St. Petersburg Times would later document this in an article. Sophie was upset that the rules she had been told were not the rules after all. On Thursday, the day after the debate, she called chairman of the Pinellas County Republican Executive Committee, Tonoy DiMatteo to inform him of the misdeeds that had occurred at the straw poll. She was shocked when he answered: "It's too bad for you, and if you start any trouble you will be hurt." (Watch Sophie's account of the incident here.)

Obviously upset by the incident, Sophie called her local Meetup group organizer, Paul Bourgeois, who said that Romney even had 5-year-old kids voting in the straw poll. Paul had, at an earlier time, discussed the rule changes with Tony. Mr. DiMatteo made it very clear to Paul that he and Sophie had not better take this any further or else.

If you would like to call or write Tony DiMatteo (who is, perhaps not surprisingly, a Giuliani supporter) and let him know that you will not stand for this criminal activity, have at it:

Pinellas County Republican Executive Committee

Tony DiMatteo (Chairman)

pinellasgop@verizon.net -this is this scumbags email address. Everyone should email him and let him know what you think of this!

Link to story:
      https://www.jonesreport.com/articles/..._violence.html
      Damn! Did the GOP send a memo out to disenfranchise the Ron Paul supporters.

On the bright side maybe his campaign slogan Revolution will take on a more literal meaning if this **** keeps up.

Merc is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I just want to know WTF is going on with our governement!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
      I just want to know WTF is going on with our governement!
      HAHA! That's why I've been preaching like a mofo for the last few years.

They're even trying to ban guns and motorcycles. Pretty soon you won't even be able to shiit or breathe without government approval!

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

ive honestly considered getting out of the military and moving to another country...land of the free..LMAO!!!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by KAIZER View Post
      ive honestly considered getting out of the military and moving to another country...land of the free..LMAO!!!
      HAHAHA! Do you know how many times people thought I was a nutjob for saying stuff like that about a year ago! I'm atleast content with the fact that an array of people are beginning to see the truth. Hopefully it's not too late!

Funny you mention the whole military thing. Tmann preached to me months ago that basically all military people are for the war, for Bush, and for what this war stands for. Guess I was right Tmann!

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER View Post
      HAHAHA! Do you know how many times people thought I was a nutjob for saying stuff like that about a year ago! I'm atleast content with the fact that an array of people are beginning to see the truth. Hopefully it's not too late!

Funny you mention the whole military thing. Tmann preached to me months ago that basically all military people are for the war, for Bush, and for what this war stands for. Guess I was right Tmann!
      a), you are still a nutjob!
      b) BASICALLY is NOT all!!!
      c) though, i respect kiazer, i dont believe he speaks for all military personal. i've talked with plenty that think we ARE doing the right thing!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      a), you are still a nutjob!
      b) BASICALLY is NOT all!!!
      c) though, i respect kiazer, i dont believe he speaks for all military personal. i've talked with plenty that think we ARE doing the right thing!
      Yeah, the brainwashed ones. You do know they are brainwashed to go into battle right daved? That's what drill camps are about. They train them to fight, and believe what they are fighting in. Not think!

Unfortunately for them, many of the soldiers are to smart to fall for the rhetoric and see the whole picture.

This my friend is why some people can find Waldo, and some people can't. Some are logical and analytical, others aren't.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Ok so everyone I know thinks that, Kaizer obviously does as I bet many soldiers he knows also think that way, and Merc said the following below (with a link to that thread below that) so everyone they know think that way too.

So it seems the plenty you spoke with is more like a minority.

"Wifes in and everyone that I know doesnt know why we are over there ro dont agree that we are over there, the only reason why they fight is becuase they have to other wise they face dishonorable discharge and jail time"

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=69402