• Join Us!
  • Complete ban on guns?!!!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Complete ban on guns?!!!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Complete ban on guns?!!!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071121/...co/scotus_guns

Wow this shiit is getting scary! First the camera's in NY (which many said "So What"). Now D.C. is banning guns. We all know what that means. When one goes through, all the others follow!

Like I've been preaching since day 1......THEY WILL TAKE ALL OF OUR FREEDOMS, WE WILL BE SLAVES TO THE GOVERNMENT IF NOTHING IS DONE! SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR LIBERTIES, BECAUSE APPARENTLY THE GOVERNMENT THINKS YOU DON'T NEED THEM!

It makes me sick!!!

Don't these retards realize that criminals get their guns on the black market. Disarm the public, and you will have a nation unable to defend itself!

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Complete ban on guns?!!!

SO WHAT ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT. YOU WILL STILL GET YOUR GUNS JUST ON THE BLACK MARKET. CMON IMPROVIZE,OVERCOME ADAPT. JUST THINK YOU CAN GET YOUR SELF A AKA FROM A GANG BANGER,LOL
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Waterboy is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Washington DC had a ban on handgun ownership that was recently overturned.
      The judge cited it violated the Second Admendment. The DC government has filed to have the ruling overturned and the case has made its way to the Supreme Court for a ruling.
      This is only the second time the Supreme court has ever heard acase concerning the Second Admendment. The first time was concerning the ruling of the legitamacy of a sawed off shotgun.
      The courts ruling will have wide spread effects on the ownership of hand gun laws in other states. If it rules in favor of keepning the ban lifted, you can bet there will be a long list of new laws and ownership criteria restricting hand gun ownership brought forth in DC.
      As Charlton Heston was fond of saying when he was head of the NRA, "From my cold dead hands!" That will be my sentiment if ever there is a ban on guns.
      However, IMHO, I think there are still to many people in this country that would rise up against a ban of this type. I think you would see a revolution on a very large magnitude against this type of law.
      Push it, Pull it, Rack it. Repeat untill wide!!

Take nothing I say as serious, What do I know, I sell water!!

Vet@FitnessGeared.com

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

you would also see the purchase of these guns on the black market go way up wich wont have a serial # with the law to identify.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

theyll take my guns from my cold dead hands....after im outta ammo...this is one law that would never pass nation wide and i guarantee that...there are too many gun owners...plus charleton heston...lol

venom27 is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 357
      Overall activity: 6.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

these dumbass politicians think the gun crimes r from law abing citizens they r ****ing nuts the only people that dumbass law would affect is non-criminals

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

They better be wearin kevlar head to toe if they think they're gonna get mine.

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

It ain't happenin. I have a close Russian friend with the initials AK that makes a pretty strong argument. My other buddy, Mr. Mossberg will speak up on the subject as well.
      1 up

Go Gators

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      you would also see the purchase of these guns on the black market go way up wich wont have a serial # with the law to identify.
      good point...Underground gunsmiths would be everywhere as well. Like over in the middle east. Many of their weapons are hand made by small gunsmiths. They'd make a fortune. And like Fuzo said, the law enforcement would play hell trying to trace a murder weapon.
      1 up

Go Gators

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

" outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns " dont know who said it but it rings true..not to mention i believe they tried this in england about 15 years ago and the crime rate actually went up...

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

yeah, mark my words...it ain't gonna happen.
      We'll always have somebody or some group that are way off base whacked out trying to do something bass akwards. Or a really intelligent someone or some people that have been poorly informed so they act stupid.
      1 up

Go Gators

PL456 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 143
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

More liberal policy. This law apparently dates back to 1858, I believe, for the DC area. I must admit I am not completely versed in this issue but I am familiar with it. I do not believe this will go nation wide anytime soon, either, as the vast majority of the country still has common sense. But, you can bet that the San Franciscos, Seattles, Berkeleys, Vermonts of the country would LOOVE to see this go nation wide. Isnt it interesting to see what other issues these leftist groups align themselves with? Pro gay rights, pro abortion, pro illegal immigration, anti Iraq war, anti war on terror, anti Guantanamo etc etc etc. The liberals are on the wrong side of almost every important issue in this country, period. As for the cameras in NYC, as long as you are not stealing, dope dealing, or mugging some old lady, what have you got to worry about? Same goes for wiretapping. I dont care who listens to my conversations. Some people do, I understand that. But, really, do you think the govt cares that your girlfriend cheated on you, or that your car broke down on the way to work today, or whatever else it is you are complaining to your buddy about? I'd rather have cameras and wiretapping--and let the bad guys know it--than worry about me and my kids getting blown up when we go out for pizza on saturday night. These are not limits on civil liberties...we can still do ANYTHING we want within the law, I do not understand how some guys get this whole Bush/anti-civil liberties thing.. As long as your name isnt Ahmed, from Iran, sneaking an atomic bomb in here, or planning to do so...whats the problem? Deal with it and move on--this is post 9/11 and we have to deal with this stuff, these are concessions we have to make. Just like the generation that lived through WW2 had to make concessions. back in WW2 years, they had books and coupons to purchase gasoline. You were rationed gasoline, meat, other goods. What would you on the left say about that now? Now THAT would certainly be a heartbreaker, wouldnt it? The Americans of that generation dealt with it and did what had to be done at the time, just as we must now. Media was CENSORED during WW2..That would bring a firestorm of criticism today. Cities we blacked out along the coastline of the USA. Again, we do what we have to do. I think some people just do not want to compromise at all, no concessions--after all, we are not at war with islamo-fascists, its all a fantasy BUSH made up to scare us into voting republican; some people are worried that the govt will move to do something more sinister with these cameras and wiretaps ("Twilight Zone theme plays")..things like..well, I dont know. Why dont yall tell me what your fears are.."I'm ready to listen to you" LOL
      -----+++DrugFree4Life+++-----

mandarb11 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 268
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

As I am not from the US I find it interesting looking into all the differences of ideas you guys have. One of the biggest ideas you guys always talk about are your rights and I find it interesting how basically each side (republicans vs democrats) interprets such freedoms. I understand both sides of the arguments, one is you do not have the right to invade my privacy and the other is well it is OK if it is for a cause. The scary thing is that with all people and especially government the more power you give to it the more it wants and will take. If you accept that it is OK to loose privacy then you will gradually accept more and more of the loss of your freedoms. With that same thinking that this is Ok to take away is it not the same arguement for guns then. It is not in the governments best interests to remove guns from the peoples hands as guns are power essentially. If guns are for your protection, then why is it I have yet to hear of average citizens that are all supposed to be armed, using these weapons everytime a crazy goes on a shooting rampage killing people? This would be the time that that "right to bear arms" would be useful but it never happens. I personally love shooting and owning guns and I know that most gun owners are responsible citizens. Why is there still such animosity between your two political parties? It almost seems that the old lines from the 1850s are still drawn in the sand!

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Well, there are reasons they are trying to do this. For one, the gun to kill ratio in DC is higher in Iraq. That's right, you are more likley to get shot in DC than in Iraq right now. So, mull that one over for a minute or two.

Second, the reason why this won't work, good honest people will turn in their guns and criminals will then have free reigne to break into homes knowing that you can't defend yourself. The thing about gun bans is, only good honest people will turn them in, which leaves the criminals as the only people with guns. Yeah, that's a great idea you politician idiots!!!! This is what is wrong with government today, they are reactive instead of proactive. If they were more proactive by, I don't know....say....maybe....ummm....cutting the military spending a few billion off of the 350 billion and put into low income areas for education and give more college scholarships to low income kids maybe they wouldn't end up doing what they do. I'm not saying crime doesn't exist in high income areas, but the facts are the facts and there is more crime in low income areas than any other. If the government would be more proactive and get these kids educated, they would not follow in the footsteps of other bad kids at the high rates they do now. But no, taking guns away from honest people is a much better idea. Fukin dumb asses!
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

mandarb11 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 268
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007 View Post
      Well, there are reasons they are trying to do this. For one, the gun to kill ratio in DC is higher in Iraq. That's right, you are more likley to get shot in DC than in Iraq right now. So, mull that one over for a minute or two.

Second, the reason why this won't work, good honest people will turn in their guns and criminals will then have free reigne to break into homes knowing that you can't defend yourself. The thing about gun bans is, only good honest people will turn them in, which leaves the criminals as the only people with guns. Yeah, that's a great idea you politician idiots!!!! This is what is wrong with government today, they are reactive instead of proactive. If they were more proactive by, I don't know....say....maybe....ummm....cutting the military spending a few billion off of the 350 billion and put into low income areas for education and give more college scholarships to low income kids maybe they wouldn't end up doing what they do. I'm not saying crime doesn't exist in high income areas, but the facts are the facts and there is more crime in low income areas than any other. If the government would be more proactive and get these kids educated, they would not follow in the footsteps of other bad kids at the high rates they do now. But no, taking guns away from honest people is a much better idea. Fukin dumb asses!

Bro I could not agree more with you! Instead of focusing on war start putting some of that money towards the economy. It is well known the correlation between economics and crime. Government always goes to far one way or the other but as a Canadian that lives in Canada's Capital Ottawa (which is one of the safest cities I might add) how can it be acceptable that the American Capital is one of the most dangerous places in the US!