• Join Us!
  • Putin warns US against attacking Iran
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Putin warns US against attacking Iran

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Putin warns US against attacking Iran

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Putin warns US against attacking Iran

TEHRAN, Iran - Russian leader Vladimir Putin met his Iranian counterpart Tuesday and implicitly warned the U.S. not to use a former Soviet republic to stage an attack on Iran. He also said countries bordering the Caspian Sea must jointly back any oil pipeline projects in the region.

At a summit of the five nations that border the inland Caspian Sea, Putin said none of the nations' territory should be used by any outside countries for use of military force against any nation in the region. It was a clear reference to long-standing rumors that the U.S. was planning to use Azerbaijan, a former Soviet republic, as a staging ground for any possible military action against Iran.

"We are saying that no Caspian nation should offer its territory to third powers for use of force or military aggression against any Caspian state," Putin said.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also underlined the need for solidarity.

"The Caspian Sea is an inland sea and it only belongs to the Caspian states, therefore only they are entitled to have their ships and military forces here," he said.

A State Department spokesman, Tom Casey, said the United States is not planning military action against Iran.

"We are pursuing a diplomatic course with respect to Iran that includes with respect to its nuclear program as well as with respect to its support for terrorism and other issues that are out there," he said.

Putin refused to set a date for the start-up of Iran's first nuclear power plant, to be built by Russia.

"I only gave promises to my mom when I was a small boy," Putin told Iranian reporters, when asked whether he could promise that the plant that Russia is building would be launched before his term ends next May.

At the same time, he said, "We are not going to renounce our obligations."

Putin's careful stance suggested that Russia is seeking to preserve solid ties with Iran without angering the West. A clear pledge by Putin to quickly finish the plant would embolden Iran and could complicate international talks on the nuclear standoff.

Putin, whose trip to Tehran is the first by a Kremlin leader since World War II, warned that energy pipeline projects crossing the Caspian could only be implemented if all five nations that border the sea support them.

Putin did not name a specific country, but his statement underlined Moscow's strong opposition to U.S.-backed efforts to build pipelines to deliver hydrocarbons to the West, bypassing Russia.

"Projects that may inflict serious environmental damage to the region cannot be implemented without prior discussion by all five Caspian nations," he said.

Other nations bordering the Caspian Sea and in attendance at the summit are: Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan.

The legal status of the Caspian — believed to contain the world's third-largest energy reserves — has been in limbo since the 1991 Soviet collapse, leading to tension and conflicting claims to seabed oil deposits.

Iran, which shared the Caspian's resources equally with the Soviet Union, insists that each coastal nation receive an equal portion of the seabed. Russia, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan want the division based on the length of each nation's shoreline, which would give Iran a smaller share.

Putin's visit took place despite warnings of a possible assassination plot and amid hopes that personal diplomacy could help offer a solution to an international standoff on Iran's nuclear program.

Putin has warned the U.S. and other nations against trying to coerce Iran into reining in its nuclear program and insists peaceful dialogue is the only way to deal with Tehran's defiance of a U.N. Security Council demand that it suspend uranium enrichment.

"Threatening someone, in this case the Iranian leadership and Iranian people, will lead nowhere," Putin said Monday during his trip to Germany. "They are not afraid, believe me."

Iran's rejection of the council's demand and its previous clandestine atomic work has fed suspicions in the U.S. and other countries that Tehran is working to enrich uranium to a purity usable in nuclear weapons. Iran insists it is only wants lesser-enriched uranium to fuel nuclear reactors that would generate electricity.

Putin's visit to Tehran is being closely watched for any possible shifts in Russia's carefully hedged stance in the nuclear standoff.

The Russian president underlined his disagreements with Washington last week, saying he saw no "objective data" to prove Western claims that Iran is trying to construct nuclear weapons.

Putin emphasized Monday that he would negotiate in Tehran on behalf of the five permanent U.N. Security Council members — United States, Russia, China, Britain and France — and Germany, a group that has led efforts to resolve the stalemate with Tehran.

___

Associated Press writers Ali Akbar Dareini and Nasser Karimi contributed to this report.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Putin warns US against attacking Iran

boy....this is could get real, real quick!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Scalleywag is offline Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Putin....What kind of name is that?

6p6 is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 29.0%
      is armed and ready...R U?

I am:
      Wtf

Level

world war three here we come, its about time for population control! j/k this is no laughing matter

Phreak is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 157
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i think the rest of the US govt as well as the people have learned their lesson from the iraq campaign. there is no way that dip**** in washington would get support for a war with iran, thank god.
      so fresh and so clean clean

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Even if he got support, which he won't, we don't have the resources for a war in Iraq.

Here's my thoughts.....although they are dark and twisted, they would work. Somehow we need to get a ground based nuke within close proximity of one of Iraq's Nuclear research plants. Detonate it and then blame Iraq for attempting to make nukes and not being successful. The entire world would see the danger is these things and get some control over it.

Like I said, it's a dark way to go but it would get people to think about nuclear power and who should and who should not mess with it. It would probably be a good idea to do the same in N Korea as well.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

pigmeat is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

about time somebody stood up to bush
      SUPERMOD@ LORDSOFIRON.COM (invite only)

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007 View Post
      Even if he got support, which he won't, we don't have the resources for a war in Iraq.

Here's my thoughts.....although they are dark and twisted, they would work. Somehow we need to get a ground based nuke within close proximity of one of Iraq's Nuclear research plants. Detonate it and then blame Iraq for attempting to make nukes and not being successful. The entire world would see the danger is these things and get some control over it.

Like I said, it's a dark way to go but it would get people to think about nuclear power and who should and who should not mess with it. It would probably be a good idea to do the same in N Korea as well.
      i actually like that idea...but, it would have a pretty good chance of working, so we're gonna pass! on top of that, with our government, they'd find traces of a stamp reading "made in america", and the jig would be up...let's just go back to political assasanations! keep popping them off until they come around to the right way of thinking

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007 View Post

That's not such a bad idea. If they blew themselves up, we would be blamed anyway.
      1 up

Go Gators

FROGMAN is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 595
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Let’s nuke Iran, Russia, China and North Korea... or better yet give the nukes to Israel. They can get the job done faster and cheaper or we can wait till one of the above sells a nuke to a terrorist and blows up a US city.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC_xkBV7eLg

"Man is a pupil, pain is his teacher" --Alfred de Musset

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Quote Originally Posted by FROGMAN View Post
      Let’s nuke Iran, Russia, China and North Korea... or better yet give the nukes to Israel. They can get the job done faster and cheaper or we can wait till one of the above sells a nuke to a terrorist and blows up a US city.
      did that already. they got 'em bro

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...