• Join Us!
  • ALIVE DAY
  • ALIVE DAY
  • ALIVE DAY
  • ALIVE DAY
  • ALIVE DAY
  • ALIVE DAY
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ALIVE DAY

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default ALIVE DAY

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • ALIVE DAY
      • ALIVE DAY

• ALIVE DAY
      • ALIVE DAY
      • ALIVE DAY
      • ALIVE DAY
      • ALIVE DAY
      • ALIVE DAY
      BY JAMES GANDOLFINI I SIT HERE AND I WATCH IT AND I CANT HELP MYSELF TO THINK MAYBE ITS TIME FOR THESE SOLDIERS TO COME HOME.I BELEIVE IN THE USA BUT I SIT HERE CRYING FOR THESE SOLDIERS YEP CRYING AND I'M NOT ASHAMED TO SAY IT, SEEING THESE YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN WITH NO ARMS NO LEGS BURNT VICTIMS.IMO I DONT THINK WE ARE GOING TO BE ABLE TO EVER HAVE PEACE OVER IN THE MIDDLE EAST
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Stout1 is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 62
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: ALIVE DAY

IMO if the war was justifiable you wouldn't see this much backlash and wanting our troops back.

If they were over there for a just cause, I wouldn't say it's easier to justify their deaths or injuries, but when even the soldiers don't feel like they should be there then it just sucks all around and losing a lot of good lives.

A friend of mine, her husband is Marine. Already did two tours in Iraq and missed out on a lot of time (not sure how much) of watching his girl grow up.

He told me the ****ed up **** he seen, they did to the Iraqis, and etc. He has some "proof" of the things they did, but I declined to see it as it would of made me sick to my stomach, but I also wasn't there and in there shoes so I can't say how I would or wouldn't be acting.

All I know is he got called up AGAIN, but he obviously doesn't want to go again as it is too much mentally and too much on his family. He had another option if I remember correctly to re-enlist for another four years, he will have to tour once still, but it will 98% most likely be non-combat as it will be in the sea patrolling.

Terrible to see so many lives lost, lives changed, love ones lost, such HUGE mishandlement of the war, the profiting of private firms is sickening, etc and honestly all for what? The only people REALLY seeing a good thing come of this is the private companies sub-contracted out by the gov't. They're for sure loving this, but not many other people.

I can see and justify going into Afghanistan, but Iraq was sold to us on a silver platter. Bush played off our fears of 9/11, then used bogus information in state of union (about buying nukes or chem stuff from Nigeria), then that just made it that much easier to go into Iraq....but obviously we all know now our reasons for going were b.s.

To top it off we still haven't even got Bin Laden yet, and our presence over there hurts us not just now, but in the future.

What people see now from us being over there can spawn a younger generation to continue the hate towards USA. What we have done in the past that we thought at the time by doing so would help us, almost always comes back to bite us in the ass.

Some notable mentions of past "blowbacks"

Installing the Shah in power brought twenty-five years of tyranny and repression to the Iranian people and elicited the Ayatollah Khomeini's revolution. The staff of the American embassy in Teheran was held hostage for more than a year.

The USA funding and training Osama Bin Laden to fight the Soviets and now he is of course one of our number one enemies.

The aiding and assistance of Saddam Hussein in the Iraq/Iran war, then of course we all know what happened with Saddamm.

We are building several Embassies in Iraq and one bigger than the Vatican in Iraq and have tons of troops stationed in countries we shouldn't and that is a lot of our problems today.

It's as Ron Paul said, it's not because we're rich or have freedom that they hate us, it's because we "nation build" and mingle in other states affairs. If something in the world doesn't go as we would want we do everything in our power from political sanctions, embargoes, covert military options, and/or direct force to get the outcome we so desire.

We are not the world police and shouldn't act like it, when we chose to attack them first with out being attacked first that opened up a whole can of worms cuz if you strike first you better have a damn good reason and be able to prove it to validate the starting of a war by pre-emptive strikes.
      Thomas Jefferson - "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i havnt seen the show, but i've heard alot about it....fukin sad shyt. those guy's and gal's deserve alot better than this country has gave them...fukin shame.
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

yeah that show does get ya. And I know what you're saying fuzo. I was thinking the same thing. We are spending so much money and any life lost and damaged to that extent is terrible. I know it comes with war, but I'm starting to wonder about this one. I'm all for the good fight for freedom and our security, the security of the world we live in for that matter, but I'm beginning to have second thoughts about the Irag situation. Some of those soldiers said they wish they could go back and continue what was started and there are plenty gung ho troops but... I got to thinking maybe it would be better to just pull out. Most of the Iragis are starting to just see us as foreign occupiers. There are those of the new Iragi government and the 10% that want us there that would get mad and they would have a hell of a time, but maybe not. I was thinking we could begin a rapid withdrawal but of coarse leave a strong undercover secret special forces opperation and tear the terror organizations up from inside out..long, tough battle but possibly much less bloody, for us at least. Start fighting them how they fight. It has to be a quiet, up close and personal fight.

There were 2 really good shows about the whole Afghanistan/Taliban issue, then Irag last Sunday on National Geographic Explorer, one of the high-def channels. Those Explorers are usually really good. You get the real deal.
      1 up

Go Gators

6p6 is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 29.0%
      is armed and ready...R U?

I am:
      Wtf

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • ALIVE DAY
      • ALIVE DAY

• ALIVE DAY
      • ALIVE DAY
      • ALIVE DAY
      • ALIVE DAY
      • ALIVE DAY
      • ALIVE DAY
      to tell you the truth I don't think we are ever leaving Iraq. We just built the largest US embassy in the world. Its the most secure facility in the world and can take a certain level of direct hits. I have a boy in Army inteligence and he has done three tours. He said we are never leaving Iraq not cause of Iraq but cause of Iran.

He's got some good points to why he believes we should be there for world safety.

but I do agree with you too Fuzo its hard to see brother and sisters ruined lives cause of the war.